Mobile voice diffusion and service competition: A system dynamic analysis of regulatory policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Madden, Gary & Coble-Neal, Grant & Dalzell, Brian, 2004.
"A dynamic model of mobile telephony subscription incorporating a network effect,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 133-144, March.
- Madden, Gary G & Coble-Neal, Grant & Dalzell, Brian, 2004. "A dynamic model of mobile telephony subscription incorporating a network effect," MPRA Paper 10829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Pagani, Margherita & Fine, Charles H., 2008. "Value network dynamics in 3G-4G wireless communications: A systems thinking approach to strategic value assessment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(11), pages 1102-1112, November.
- Albon, Rob & York, Richard, 2006. "Mobile termination: Market power, externalities and their policy implications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 368-384, August.
- Funk, Jefrey L, 1998. "Competition between regional standards and the success and failure of firms in the world-wide mobile communication market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4-5), pages 419-441, May.
- Allen, David, 1988. "New telecommunications services : Network externalities and critical mass," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 257-271, September.
- Geoffrey G. Parker & Marshall W. Van Alstyne, 2005. "Two-Sided Network Effects: A Theory of Information Product Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(10), pages 1494-1504, October.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Buehler, Stefan & Dewenter, Ralf & Haucap, Justus, 2006. "Mobile number portability in Europe," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 385-399, August.
- Rouvinen, Petri, 2006.
"Diffusion of digital mobile telephony: Are developing countries different?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 46-63, February.
- Petri Rouvinen, 2004. "Diffusion of Digital Mobile Telephony: Are Developing Countries Different?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-13, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rouvinen, Petri, 2004. "Diffusion of Digital Mobile Telephony - Are Devoloping Countries Different?," Discussion Papers 901, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jeffrey L. Funk, 1998. "The Competition between Regional Standards and the Success and Failure of Firms in the World-Wide Mobile Communication Market," Kobe Economic & Business Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 42, pages 137-161, February.
- John D. Sterman, 1989. "Modeling Managerial Behavior: Misperceptions of Feedback in a Dynamic Decision Making Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 321-339, March.
- Howell, Bronwyn & Meade, Richard & O'Connor, Seini, 2010.
"Structural separation versus vertical integration: Lessons for telecommunications from electricity reforms,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 392-403, August.
- Howell, Bronwyn & Meade, Richard & R. O, Seini'Connor, 2009. "Structural Separation versus Vertical Integration: Lessons for Telecommunications from Electricity Reforms," Working Paper Series 4029, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Jang, Show-Ling & Dai, Shau-Chi & Sung, Simona, 2005. "The pattern and externality effect of diffusion of mobile telecommunications: the case of the OECD and Taiwan," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 133-148, March.
- John DAVIES & Bronwyn HOWELL & Victoria MABIN, 2008. "Telecommunications Regulation, Regulatory Behavior and its Impact A Systems View," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(70), pages 145-168, 2nd quart.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta, Ruchita & Jain, Karuna, 2016. "Competition effect of a new mobile technology on an incumbent technology: An Indian case study," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 332-342.
- Yunna, Wu & Kaifeng, Chen & Yisheng, Yang & Tiantian, Feng, 2015. "A system dynamics analysis of technology, cost and policy that affect the market competition of shale gas in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 235-243.
- Benseny, Jaume & Finley, Benjamin & Hämmäinen, Heikki, 2016. "Bottleneck Analysis of the Mobile Internet Diffusion in Emerging Markets," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148658, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Fangzheng Li & Shasha Lu & Yinan Sun & Xiong Li & Benye Xi & Weiqi Liu, 2015. "Integrated Evaluation and Scenario Simulation for Forest Ecological Security of Beijing Based on System Dynamics Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-29, October.
- Dutta, Amitava & Puvvala, Abhinay & Roy, Rahul & Seetharaman, Priya, 2017. "Technology diffusion: Shift happens — The case of iOS and Android handsets," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 28-43.
- Ruutu, Sampsa & Casey, Thomas & Kotovirta, Ville, 2017. "Development and competition of digital service platforms: A system dynamics approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 119-130.
- Arturo Basaure & Varadharajan Sridhar & Heikki Hämmäinen, 2016. "Adoption of dynamic spectrum access technologies: a system dynamics approach," Telecommunication Systems: Modelling, Analysis, Design and Management, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 169-190, October.
- Song, Hee Seok & Kim, Taewan & Kim, Taehan, 2017. "The impact of spectrum policies on the secondary spectrum market: A system dynamics approach," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 460-472.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile telecommunications; Diffusion; Competition; System dynamics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:36:y:2012:i:3:p:162-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.