Technology diffusion: Shift happens — The case of iOS and Android handsets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lakka, Spyridoula & Michalakelis, Christos & Varoutas, Dimitris & Martakos, Draculis, 2013. "Competitive dynamics in the operating systems market: Modeling and policy implications," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 88-105.
- Charlotte C. Greenan, 2015. "Diffusion of innovations in dynamic networks," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(1), pages 147-166, January.
- Sangin Park, 2004. "Quantitative Analysis of Network Externalities in Competing Technologies: The VCR Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 937-945, November.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Anjana Susarla & Jeong-Ha Oh & Yong Tan, 2012. "Social Networks and the Diffusion of User-Generated Content: Evidence from YouTube," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 23-41, March.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003. "Critical values for multiple structural change tests," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 72-78, June.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 2003. "Tests for Parameter Instability and Structural Change with Unknown Change Point: A Corrigendum," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 395-397, January.
- Lakka, Spyridoula & Michalakelis, Christos & Varoutas, Dimitris & Martakos, Draculis, 2012. "Exploring the determinants of the OSS market potential: The case of the Apache web server," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 51-68.
- Meade, Nigel & Islam, Towhidul, 2006. "Modelling and forecasting the diffusion of innovation - A 25-year review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 519-545.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996.
"Network externalities, complementarities, and invitations to enter,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 211-233, September.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997. "Network Externalities, Complementarities, and Invitations to Enter," Industrial Organization 9701004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sharon G. Levin & Paula E. Stephan & Anne E. Winkler, 2012. "Innovation in academe: the diffusion of information technologies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(14), pages 1765-1782, May.
- Hsu, Chin-Lung & Lu, Hsi-Peng & Hsu, Huei-Hsia, 2007. "Adoption of the mobile Internet: An empirical study of multimedia message service (MMS)," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 715-726, December.
- Kauffman, Robert J. & Techatassanasoontorn, Angsana A., 2009. "Understanding early diffusion of digital wireless phones," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 432-450, September.
- Oliva, Rogelio, 2003. "Model calibration as a testing strategy for system dynamics models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 552-568, December.
- Mark Paich & John D. Sterman, 1993. "Boom, Bust, and Failures to Learn in Experimental Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(12), pages 1439-1458, December.
- Scaglione, Miriam & Giovannetti, Emanuele & Hamoudia, Mohsen, 2015. "The diffusion of mobile social networking: Exploring adoption externalities in four G7 countries," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1159-1170.
- Evans David S. & Schmalensee Richard, 2010. "Failure to Launch: Critical Mass in Platform Businesses," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(4), pages 1-28, December.
- Christoph H. Loch & Bernardo A. Huberman, 1999. "A Punctuated-Equilibrium Model of Technology Diffusion," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 160-177, February.
- Casey, Thomas R. & Töyli, Juuso, 2012. "Mobile voice diffusion and service competition: A system dynamic analysis of regulatory policy," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 162-174.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrijana Horvat & Vincenzo Fogliano & Pieternel A Luning, 2020. "Modifying the Bass diffusion model to study adoption of radical new foods–The case of edible insects in the Netherlands," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 15(6), pages 1-23, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology diffusion; Structural breaks; Mobile handsets; System dynamics; Causal models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:118:y:2017:i:c:p:28-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.