A Punctuated-Equilibrium Model of Technology Diffusion
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer F. Reinganum, 1985. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 81-99.
- Utterback, James M. & Suarez, Fernando F., 1993. "Innovation, competition, and industry structure," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Pankaj Ghemawat, 1991. "Market Incumbency and Technological Inertia," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(2), pages 161-171.
- Clark, Kim B., 1985. "The interaction of design hierarchies and market concepts in technological evolution," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 235-251, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, T. & Nuttall, W.J., 2007. "An Agent Based Simulation Of Smart Metering Technology Adoption," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0760, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Stephan Aier & Tobias Bucher & Robert Winter, 2011. "Critical Success Factors of Service Orientation in Information Systems Engineering," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 3(2), pages 77-88, April.
- Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Rossi, Cristina, 2003. "Why Open Source software can succeed," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1243-1258, July.
- Tieju Ma, 2010. "Coping with Uncertainties in Technological Learning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 192-201, January.
- Rui Leite & Aurora Teixeira, 2012. "Innovation diffusion with heterogeneous networked agents: a computational model," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 7(2), pages 125-144, October.
- José López-Sánchez & José Arroyo-Barrigüete & Domingo Ribeiro, 2008. "Development of a technological competition model in the presence of network effects from the modified law of Metcalfe," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 2(2), pages 83-98, June.
- Yair Orbach & Gila Fruchter, 2014. "Predicting product life cycle patterns," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 37-52, March.
- Scott A. Shane & Karl T. Ulrich, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: Technological Innovation, Product Development, and Entrepreneurship in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 133-144, February.
- Fildes, Robert & Kumar, V., 2002. "Telecommunications demand forecasting--a review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 489-522.
- Costa, Álvaro & Fernandes, Ruben, 2012. "Urban public transport in Europe: Technology diffusion and market organisation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 269-284.
- Uwe Cantner & Simone Vannuccini, 2017. "Innovation and lock-in," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Innovation and Knowledge Creation, chapter 11, pages 165-181 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2007.
"The system dynamics of collective knowledge: From gradualism and saltationism to punctuated change,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 215-236, February.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2004. "The System Dynamics of Collective Knowledge: from Gradualism and Saltationism to Punctuated Change," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200404, University of Turin.
- Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier, 2006. "A policy approach to the environmental impacts of technological lock-in," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 717-742, July.
- Narayanan, V.K. & Chen, Tianxu, 2012. "Research on technology standards: Accomplishment and challenges," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1375-1406.
- Dutta, Amitava & Puvvala, Abhinay & Roy, Rahul & Seetharaman, Priya, 2017. "Technology diffusion: Shift happens — The case of iOS and Android handsets," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 28-43.
- Warr, Benjamin & Ayres, Robert, 2006. "REXS: A forecasting model for assessing the impact of natural resource consumption and technological change on economic growth," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 329-378, September.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Robert J. Kauffman, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: The Evolution of Research on Information Systems: A Fiftieth-Year Survey of the Literature in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(3), pages 281-298, March.
- Liangjie Zhao & Wenqi Duan, 2014. "Simulating the Evolution of Market Shares: The Effects of Customer Learning and Local Network Externalities," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 43(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Papachristos, George, 2017. "Diversity in technology competition: The link between platforms and sociotechnical transitions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 291-306.
- Grajek, Michał & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2012. "Identifying critical mass in the global cellular telephony market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 496-507.
- Orbach Yair & Fruchter Gila E., 2010. "A Utility-Based Diffusion Model Applied to the Digital Camera Case," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Armstrong, Michael J & Levesque, Moren, 2002. "Timing and quality decisions for entrepreneurial product development," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 88-106, August.
- Christoph H. Loch & Stylianos Kavadias, 2002. "Dynamic Portfolio Selection of NPD Programs Using Marginal Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1227-1241, October.
- Minniti, Maria, 2004. "Entrepreneurial alertness and asymmetric information in a spin-glass model," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 637-658, September.
- Mudambi, Ram & Swift, Tim, 2011. "Proactive R&D management and firm growth: A punctuated equilibrium model," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 429-440, April.
More about this item
Keywordstechnology diffusion; punctuated equilibria; network externalities; path dependence; dynamic systems; evolutionary models; simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:2:p:160-177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.