The health financing transition: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brigitte Dormont & Michel Grignon & Hélène Huber, 2006.
"Health expenditure growth: reassessing the threat of ageing,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(9), pages 947-963.
- Brigitte Dormont & Michel Grignon & Hélène Huber, 2006. "Health expenditure growth : reassessing the threat of ageing," Post-Print halshs-00181605, HAL.
- Hartwig, Jochen, 2008.
"What drives health care expenditure?--Baumol's model of 'unbalanced growth' revisited,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 603-623, May.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2006. "What Drives Health Care Expenditure? Baumol's Model of "Unbalanced Growth" Revisited," KOF Working papers 06-133, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Farasat A. S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2007.
"Government health expenditures and health outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 257-273.
- Farasat A.S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2005. "Government Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes," Working Papers wp2005_02_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised May 2006.
- Oecd, 2006. "Projecting OECD Health and Long-Term Care Expenditures: What Are the Main Drivers?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 477, OECD Publishing.
- Gbesemete, Kwame P. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1992. "Determinants of health care expenditure in Africa: A cross-sectional study," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 303-308, February.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7972 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ilaria Mosca, 2007. "Decentralization as a determinant of health care expenditure: empirical analysis for OECD countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 511-515.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2007.
"The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(1), pages 39-72.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2009. "Social health insurance vs. tax-financed health systems - evidence from the OECD," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4821, The World Bank.
- Wagner, Anita K. & Graves, Amy Johnson & Reiss, Sheila K. & LeCates, Robert & Zhang, Fang & Ross-Degnan, Dennis, 2011. "Access to care and medicines, burden of health care expenditures, and risk protection: Results from the World Health Survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 151-158.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003.
"Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience,"
OECD Health Working Papers
9, OECD Publishing.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003. "Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 374, OECD Publishing.
- Clemente, Jesus & Marcuello, Carmen & Montanes, Antonio & Pueyo, Fernando, 2004. "On the international stability of health care expenditure functions: are government and private functions similar?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 589-613, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Moscone, Francesco, 2010.
"Health care expenditure and income in the OECD reconsidered: Evidence from panel data,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 804-811, July.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Francesco Moscone, 2009. "Health Care Expenditure and Income in the OECD Reconsidered: Evidence from Panel Data," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/5, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Francesco Moscone, 2010. "Health Care Expenditure and Income in the OECD Reconsidered: Evidence from Panel Data," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 120, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Moscone, Francesco, 2010. "Health Care Expenditure and Income in the OECD Reconsidered: Evidence from Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4851, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Peter Zweifel & Lukas Steinmann & Patrick Eugster, 2005. "The Sisyphus Syndrome in Health Revisited," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 127-145, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3881 is not listed on IDEAS
- Götze, Ralf & Schmid, Achim, 2012. "Healthcare financing in OECD countries beyond the public-private split," TranState Working Papers 160, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Joan Costa‐Font & Marin Gemmill & Gloria Rubert, 2011. "Biases in the healthcare luxury good hypothesis?: a meta‐regression analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 174(1), pages 95-107, January.
- Marwa Farag & A. NandaKumar & Stanley Wallack & Dominic Hodgkin & Gary Gaumer & Can Erbil, 2012. "The income elasticity of health care spending in developing and developed countries," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 145-162, June.
- Wagner, Anita K. & Graves, Amy Johnson & Reiss, Sheila K. & LeCates, Robert & Zhang, Fang & Ross-Degnan, Dennis, 2011. "Access to care and medicines, burden of health care expenditures, and risk protection: Results from the World Health Survey," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2-3), pages 151-158, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7971 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masayoshi Hayashi & Akiko Oyama, "undated".
"Factor decomposition of inter-prefectural health care expenditure disparities in Japan,"
ron264, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan.
- Masayoshi Hayashi & Akiko Oyama, 2014. "Factor Decomposition of Inter-prefectural Health Care Expenditure Disparities in Japan," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-948, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- World Bank, 2017. "Georgia Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 27138, The World Bank.
- Remme, Michelle & Siapka, Mariana & Sterck, Olivier & Ncube, Mthuli & Watts, Charlotte & Vassall, Anna, 2016. "Financing the HIV response in sub-Saharan Africa from domestic sources: Moving beyond a normative approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 66-76.
- repec:agr:journl:v:xxiv:y:2017:i:2(611):p:249-262 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth care economics and organizations; Health expenditures; Insurance; Major medical; Politics; Out-of-pocket health expenditures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:105:y:2014:i:c:p:112-121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .