Medical technology as a key driver of rising health expenditures: disentangling the relationship
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blank, Jos L. T. & Vogelaar, Iris, 2004. "Specifying technical change: a research on the nature of technical change in Dutch hospital industry," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 448-463, July.
- Mas, Núria & Seinfeld, Janice, 2008.
"Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1026-1045, July.
- Mas, Nuria & Seinfeld, Janice, 2004. "Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?," IESE Research Papers D/554, IESE Business School.
- Kamil Dybczak & Bartosz Przywara, 2010. "The role of technology in health care expenditure in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 400, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Di Matteo, Livio, 2005. "The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martinez-Giralt, 2009.
"Technological adoption in health care,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
790.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2010. "Technological adoption in health care," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp545, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martínez-Giralt, 2009. "Technological adoption in health care," Working Papers 413, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2009. "Technological adoption in health care," CEPR Discussion Papers 7558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1991. "The Health Care Quadrilemma: An Essay on Technological Change, Insurance, Quality of Care, and Cost Containment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 523-552, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:9:p:978-985 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurizio Bussolo & Johannes Koettl & Emily Sinnott, 2015. "Golden Aging," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22018.
- Bae, Eun-Young & Hong, Ji-Min & Kwon, Hye-Young & Jang, Suhyun & Lee, Hye-Jae & Bae, SeungJin & Yang, Bong-Min, 2016. "Eight-year experience of using HTA in drug reimbursement: South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(6), pages 612-620.
- Giuditta Callea & Aleksandra Torbica & Rosanna Tarricone, 2014. "Impatto del sistema di finanziamento a DRG sull’innovazione tecnologica in sanità. Il caso italiano," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(89), pages 31-48.
More about this item
Keywordsmedical technology; health expenditure; health policy; costs;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:48043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .