Why Have Health Expenditures as a Share fo GDP Risen So Much?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Irving Shapiro & Matthew D. Shapiro & David Wilcox, 2001. "Measuring the value of Cataract Surgery," NBER Chapters,in: Medical Care Output and Productivity, pages 411-438 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilad Sorek, 2006. "Advancing Medical Technology, Aging Population, and Economic Growth," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_046, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Follette, Glenn & Sheiner, Louise, 2005. "The Sustainability of Health Spending Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 58(3), pages 391-408, September.
- Yihua Yu & Li Zhang & Fanghua Li & Xinye Zheng, 2013. "Strategic interaction and the determinants of public health expenditures in China: a spatial panel perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 203-221, February.
- Agnieszka Strzelecka & Sylwia Nieszporska, 2015. "Expenditures Of The National Health Fund On Hospital Services And The Efficiency Of Hospitals In Polish Voivodeships," Economy & Business Journal, International Scientific Publications, Bulgaria, vol. 9(1), pages 465-477.
- Julie Topoleski, 2004. "Uncertainty About Projections of Medicare Cost Growth: Technical Paper 2004-13," Working Papers 15942, Congressional Budget Office.
- Badi Baltagi & Francesco Moscone & Elisa Tosetti, 2012.
"Medical technology and the production of health care,"
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 395-411, April.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Francesco Moscone & Elisa Tosetti, 2011. "Medical Technology And The Production Of Health Care," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 130, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Moscone, Francesco & Tosetti, Elisa, 2011. "Medical Technology and the Production of Health Care," IZA Discussion Papers 5545, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2007.
"The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 122(1), pages 39-72.
- Torben Andersen, 2007. "The Scandinavian Model – Prospects and Challenges," CESifo Working Paper Series 1903, CESifo Group Munich.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2007.
"Sustainable Social Spending and Stagnant Public Services: Baumol's Cost Disease Revisited,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 63(4), pages 519-547, December.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2007. "Sustainable Social Spending and Stagnant Public Services: Baumol's Cost Disease Revisited," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/34, European University Institute.
- Frits Bos & Rudy Douven & Esther Mot, 2004. "Four scenarios for the future of the public sector and healthcare," CPB Document 72, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J., 2012. "Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 263-272.
- Ed Westerhout & Frank Pellikaan, 2005. "Can we afford to live longer in better health?," CPB Document 85, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Stolpe, Michael, 2003. "Ressourcen und Ergebnisse der globalen Gesundheitsökonomie: Einführung und Überblick," Kiel Working Papers 1177, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Nick Draper & Alex Armstrong, 2007. "GAMMA; a simulation model for ageing, pensions and public finances," CPB Document 147, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Li Gan & Guan Gong, 2004. "Mortality Risk and Educational Attainment of Black and White Men," NBER Working Papers 10381, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laura Obreja Braşoveanu, 2012. "Correlation Between Government and Economic Growth - Specific Features for 10 Nms," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(5), pages 1-14, October.
- Charles I. Jones, 2001. "The economic return to health expenditures," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue dec14.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2002-11-10 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2002-11-10 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .