Projecting long term medical spending growth
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cromwell, Jerry & Mitchell, Janet B., 1986. "Physician-induced demand for surgery," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 293-313, December.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-77, June.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2004.
"The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending,"
NBER Working Papers
10737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 2005. "The value of life and the rise in health spending," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Robert E Hall & Charles I Jones, 2007. "The Value of Life and the Rise in Health Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 122(1), pages 39-72, 02.
- David M. Cutler & Mark B. McClellan, 1998. "What Is Technological Change?," NBER Chapters, in: Inquiries in the Economics of Aging, pages 51-81 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 2000. "The human capital model," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 347-408 Elsevier.
- Fuchs, Victor R, 1996. "Economics, Values, and Health Care Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Glenn Follette & Louise Sheiner, 2005.
"The sustainability of health spending growth,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2005-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jack E. Triplett, 2001. "What's Different about Health? -- Human Repair and Car Repair in National Accounts and in National Health Accounts," NBER Chapters, in: Medical Care Output and Productivity, pages 15-96 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1991. "The Health Care Quadrilemma: An Essay on Technological Change, Insurance, Quality of Care, and Cost Containment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 523-52, June.
- Warshawsky, Mark J., 1999. "An Enhanced Macroeconomic Approach to Long-Range Projections of Health Care and Social Security Expenditures as a Share of GDP," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 413-426, July.
- David Meltzer, 2001. "Theoretical Foundations of Medical Cost-Effectiveness Analysis -- Implications for the Measurement of Benefits and Costs of Medical Interventions," NBER Chapters, in: Medical Care Output and Productivity, pages 97-118 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:27:y:2008:i:1:p:69-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.