Economic performance and supply chains: The impact of upstream firms׳ waste output on downstream firms׳ performance in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Silva, Emilson C.D. & Zhu, Xie, 2009. "Emissions trading of global and local pollutants, pollution havens and free riding," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 169-182, September.
- Kelle, Peter & Schneider, Helmut, 1992. "Extension of a reliability-type inventory model to just-in-time systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 319-326, February.
- Costas Hadjiyiannis & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Michael S. Michael, 2009. "Public Pollution Abatement, Regional Capital Mobility, and Tax Competition," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 703-719, January.
- Richard B. Freeman & Alice O. Nakamura & Leonard I. Nakamura & Marc Prudhomme & Amanda Pyman, 2011. "Wal-Mart innovation and productivity: a viewpoint," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 44(2), pages 486-508, May.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Hitoshi Hayami & Masao Nakamura & Mikio Suga & Kanji Yoshioka, 1997. "Environmental Management in Japan: Applications of Input-Output Analysis to the Emission of Global Warming Gases," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 195-208.
- Chiou, Tzu-Yun & Chan, Hing Kai & Lettice, Fiona & Chung, Sai Ho, 2011. "The influence of greening the suppliers and green innovation on environmental performance and competitive advantage in Taiwan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 822-836.
- Nakamura, Masao & Takahashi, Takuya & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2001. "Why Japanese Firms Choose to Certify: A Study of Managerial Responses to Environmental Issues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 23-52, July.
- Piplani, Rajesh & Pujawan, Nyoman & Ray, Saibal, 2008. "Sustainable supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 193-194, February.
- Yu-Shan Chen & Shyh-Bao Lai & Chao-Tung Wen, 2006. "The Influence of Green Innovation Performance on Corporate Advantage in Taiwan," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 67(4), pages 331-339, September.
- Kelle, Peter & Akbulut, Asli, 2005. "The role of ERP tools in supply chain information sharing, cooperation, and cost optimization," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 41-52, January.
- William Q. Judge, 1998. "Performance Implications of Incorporating Natural Environmental Issues into the Strategic Planning Process: An Empirical Assessment," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 241-262, March.
- Nakamura, Alice O. & Nakamura, Emi & Nakamura, Leonard I., 2011. "Price dynamics, retail chains and inflation measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 161(1), pages 47-55, March.
- Ganeshan, Ram & Boone, Tonya & Stenger, Alan J., 2001. "The impact of inventory and flow planning parameters on supply chain performance: An exploratory study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-3), pages 111-118, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12319 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viswanathan, S. & Piplani, Rajesh, 2001. "Coordinating supply chain inventories through common replenishment epochs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(2), pages 277-286, March.
- Vachon, Stephan & Klassen, Robert D., 2008. "Environmental management and manufacturing performance: The role of collaboration in the supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 299-315, February.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Wong, Christina W.Y. & Lai, Kee-hung & Shang, Kuo-Chung & Lu, Chin-Shan & Leung, T.K.P., 2012. "Green operations and the moderating role of environmental management capability of suppliers on manufacturing firm performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 283-294.
- Boin, Arjen & Kelle, Peter & Clay Whybark, D., 2010. "Resilient supply chains for extreme situations: Outlining a new field of study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 1-6, July.
- Ragatz, Gary L. & Handfield, Robert B. & Petersen, Kenneth J., 2002. "Benefits associated with supplier integration into new product development under conditions of technology uncertainty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 389-400, May.
- Alice O. Nakamura & Kathryn L. Shaw & Richard B. Freeman & Emi Nakamura & Amanda Pyman, 2009. "Jobs Online," NBER Chapters,in: Studies of Labor Market Intermediation, pages 27-65 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-271, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tan, R.R. & Aviso, K.B. & Cayamanda, C.D. & Chiu, A.S.F. & Promentilla, M.A.B. & Ubando, A.T. & Yu, K.D.S., 2016. "A fuzzy linear programming enterprise input–output model for optimal crisis operations in industrial complexes," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 181(PB), pages 410-418.
- Baoshan Ge & Dake Jiang & Yang Gao & Sang-Bing Tsai, 2016. "The Influence of Legitimacy on a Proactive Green Orientation and Green Performance: A Study Based on Transitional Economy Scenarios in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Khor, Kuan Siew & Udin, Zulkifli Mohamed & Ramayah, Thurasamy & Hazen, Benjamin T., 2016. "Reverse logistics in Malaysia: The Contingent role of institutional pressure," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 96-108.
More about this item
KeywordsGreen procurement; Firm performance; Sustainability; Supply chain waste management; Input–output analysis; Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:160:y:2015:i:c:p:47-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.