Labor market flexibility and poverty dynamics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1999. "The High-Pressure U.S. Labor Market of the 1990s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 30(1), pages 1-88.
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Marieka Klawitter & Robert D. Plotnick & Mark Evan Edwards, 2000. "Determinants of initial entry onto welfare by young women," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 527-546.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2000. "A framework for estimating dynamic, unobserved effects panel data models with possible feedback to future explanatory variables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 245-250, September.
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Jeff Frank, 2002.
"Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones Or Dead Ends?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 189-213, June.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2000. "Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones or Dead Ends?," IZA Discussion Papers 205, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alison L. Booth & Marco Francesconi & Jeff Frank, 2002. "Temporary Jobs: Stepping Stones or Dead Ends?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 8, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Olga Canto, 2002. "Climbing out of poverty, falling back in: low income stability in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(15), pages 1903-1916.
- Mark B. Stewart, 2007.
"The interrelated dynamics of unemployment and low-wage employment,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 511-531.
- Stewart, Mark, 2006. "The Inter-related Dynamics of Unemployment and Low-Wage Employment," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 741, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Hoynes, Hilary & MaCurdy, Thomas, 1994. "Has the Decline in Benefits Shortened Welfare Spells?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 43-48, May.
- Gene Tunny & John Mangan, 2004. "Stepping Stones to Permanent Employment in the Public Service," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 18(4), pages 591-614, December.
- Blank, Rebecca M & Ruggles, Patricia, 1994. "Short-Term Recidivism among Public-Assistance Recipients," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 49-53, May.
- Gottschalk, Peter & Moffitt, Robert A, 1994. "Welfare Dependence: Concepts, Measures, and Trends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 38-42, May.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich & Peter R. Mueser & Kenneth R. Troske, 2005.
"Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 154-173, February.
- Heinrich, Carolyn J. & Mueser, Peter R. & Troske, Kenneth, 2002. "Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 584, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peter R. Mueser & Carolyn J. Heinrich & Kenneth Troske, 2003. "Welfare to Temporary Work: Implications for Labor Market Outcomes," Working Papers 0308, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Juan J Dolado & Carlos Garcia--Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, 2002.
"Drawing Lessons From The Boom Of Temporary Jobs In Spain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(721), pages 270-295, June.
- Juan José Dolado & Carlos García-Serrano & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "Drawing Lessons from the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," Working Papers 2001-11, FEDEA.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Garcia-Serrano, Carlos & Jimeno, Juan F, 2001. "Drawing Lessons From the Boom of Temporary Jobs in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 2884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo Picchio, 2008. "Temporary Contracts and Transitions to Stable Jobs in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 147-174, June.
- Ambra Poggi, 2007.
"Does persistence of social exclusion exist in Spain?,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 5(1), pages 53-72, April.
- Ambra Poggi, 2003. "Does persistence of social exclusion exist in Spain?," Working Papers wpdea0308, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Stevens, Ann Huff, 1994. "The Dynamics of Poverty Spells: Updating Bane and Ellwood," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 34-37, May.
- David H. Autor & Susan N. Houseman, 2006. "Temporary Agency Employment: A Way Out of Poverty?," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: Rebecca M. Blank & Sheldon H. Danziger & Robert F. Schoeni (ed.), Working and Poor: How Economic and Policy Changes Are Affecting Low-Wage Workers, pages 312-337 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Arellano, Manuel & Carrasco, Raquel, 2003.
"Binary choice panel data models with predetermined variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 125-157, July.
- Arellano, M & Carrasco, R, 1996. "Binary Choice Panel Data Models with Predetermined Variables," Papers 9618, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Greg Duncan & Johanne Boisjoly & Timothy Smeeding, 1996. "Economic mobility of young workers in the 1970s and 1980s," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(4), pages 497-509, November.
- Robert Plotnick, 1983. "Turnover in the AFDC Population: An Event History Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(1), pages 65-81.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich, 2005. "Temporary Employment Experiences of Women on Welfare," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 26(2), pages 335-350, January.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Luis Toharia, 1993. "The effects of fixed-term employment on wages: theory and evidence from Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 17(3), pages 475-494, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wim Van Lancker, 2011. "ItÂ’s all about the money? Temporary employment, gender, poverty and the role of regulations from a broad European perspective," Working Papers 1102, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Sheila Mammen & Elizabeth Dolan & Sharon Seiling, 2015. "Explaining the Poverty Dynamics of Rural Families Using an Economic Well-Being Continuum," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 434-450, September.
- Ayllón, Sara & Fusco, Alessio, 2017.
"Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 103-114.
- AYLLON Sara & FUSCO Alessio, 2016. "Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-05, LISER.
- Francesca Modena & Fabio Sabatini, 2012.
"I would if I could: precarious employment and childbearing intentions in Italy,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 77-97, March.
- Francesca Modena & Fabio Sabatini, 2010. "I Would if I Could: Precarious Employment and Childbearing Intentions in Italy," Department of Economics Working Papers 1013, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Modena, Francesca & Sabatini, Fabio, 2010. "I Would if I Could: Precarious Employment and Childbearing Intentions in Italy," MPRA Paper 26117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liana Son & Gratiela Georgiana Carica, 2011. "Labour Market Policies in Selected EU Member States: A Comparative and Impact Analysis," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 14(39), pages 151-173, March.
- Francesca Modena & Concetta Rondinelli & Fabio Sabatini, 2014.
"Economic Insecurity and Fertility Intentions: The Case of Italy,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 233-255, May.
- Francesca Modena & Concetta Rondinelli & Fabio Sabatini, 2012. "Economic insecurity and fertility intentions: the case of Italy," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_18, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Francesca Modena & Concetta Rondinelli & Fabio Sabatini, 2013. "Economic insecurity and fertility intentions: the case of Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 931, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Modena, Francesca & Rondinelli, Concetta & Sabatini, Fabio, 2012. "Economic insecurity and fertility intentions: the case of Italy," MPRA Paper 36353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sara Ayllón & András Gábos, 2017. "The Interrelationships between the Europe 2020 Poverty and Social Exclusion Indicators," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 1025-1049, February.
- Olga Cantó & Carlos Gradín & Coral Del Río, 2012.
"Pobreza Crónica, Transitoria Y Recurrente En España,"
Revista de Economia Aplicada,
Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 20(1), pages 69-94, Spring.
- Olga Cantó & Carlos Gradín & Coral del Río, 2010. "Pobreza crónica, transitoria y recurrente en España," Working Papers 1003, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Sara Ayllón, 2013. "Understanding poverty persistence in Spain," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 201-233, June.
- Jeroen Horemans, 2017. "Atypical Employment and In-Work Poverty: A Different Story for Part-Timers and Temporary Workers?," Working Papers 1701, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
More about this item
KeywordsTemporary employment Poverty Fixed-term contracts Feedback effects State dependence Spain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:17:y:2010:i:4:p:632-642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.