Agricultural and monetary shocks before the great depression: A graph-theoretic causal investigation
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arthur J. Rolnick & Warren E. Weber, 1998.
"Money, inflation, and output under fiat and commodity standards,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 11-17.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1997. "Money, Inflation, and Output under Fiat and Commodity Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1308-1321, December.
- Balke, Nathan S & Gordon, Robert J, 1989. "The Estimation of Prewar Gross National Product: Methodology and New Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 38-92, February.
- Joseph H. Davis & Christopher Hanes & Paul W. Rhode, 2009. "Harvests and Business Cycles in Nineteenth-Century America," NBER Working Papers 14686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Selva Demiralp & Kevin D. Hoover, 2003. "Searching for the Causal Structure of a Vector Autoregression," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(s1), pages 745-767, December.
- Kevin Hoover & Selva Demiralp, 2003. "Searching for the Causal Structure of a Vector Autoregression," Working Papers 33, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Perez, Stephen J & Siegler, Mark V, 2003. " Inflationary Expectations and the Fisher Effect prior to World War I," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 947-965, December.
- Ethel D. Hoover, 1960. "Retail Prices after 1850," NBER Chapters,in: Trends in the American Economy in the Nineteenth Century, pages 141-190 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McLean Ian W., 1994. "Saving in Settler Economies: Australian and North American Comparisons," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 432-452, October.
- Ian W. McLean, 1991. "Saving in Settler Economies: Australian and North American Comparisons," School of Economics Working Papers 1991-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Miron, Jeffrey A, 1986. "Financial Panics, the Seasonality of the Nominal Interest Rate, and theFounding of the Fed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 125-140, March.
- Robert B. Barsky & J. Bradford De Long, 1991. "Forecasting Pre-World War I Inflation: The Fisher Effect and the Gold Standard," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 815-836.
- Robert B. Barsky & J. Bradford De Long, "undated". "Forecasting Pre-World War I Inflation: The Fisher Effect and the Gold Standard," J. Bradford De Long's Working Papers _121, University of California at Berkeley, Economics Department.
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1992. "International Evidence of the Historical Properties of Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 864-888, September.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1991. "International evidence on the historical properties of business cycles," Staff Report 145, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1992. "International Evidence on the Historical Properties of Business Cycles," Working Papers 92-5, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2001. "Causality in Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521002882, August.
- Hoover,Kevin D., 2001. "Causality in Macroeconomics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521452175, August.
- Wesley Clair Mitchell, 1951. "What Happens During Business Cycles: A Progress Report," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number mitc51-1, October.
- David A. Bessler & Seongpyo Lee, 2002. "Money and prices: U.S. Data 1869-1914 (A study with directed graphs)," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 427-446.
- Steven M. Sheffrin & Robert K. Triest, 1995. "A new approach to causality and economic growth," Working Papers 95-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Madsen, Jakob B., 2001. "Agricultural Crises And The International Transmission Of The Great Depression," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 61(02), pages 327-365, June.
- Bessler, David A. & Yang, Jian, 2003. "The structure of interdependence in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 261-287, April.
- Jae-Whak Roh & David Bessler, 1999. "Occupant death: a study with directed graphs," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(5), pages 303-306.
- A. Piatt Andrew, 1906. "The Influence of the Crops upon Business in America," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 323-352.
- James, John A, 1993. "Changes in Economic Instability in 19th-Century America," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 710-731, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:28:y:2006:i:4:p:720-736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.