Introducing new futures contracts: reinforcement versus cannibalism
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tashjian Elizabeth & Weissman Maayana, 1995. "Advantages to Competing with Yourself: Why an Exchange Might Design Futures Contracts with Correlated Payoffs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 133-157, April.
- Ederington, Louis H, 1979. "The Hedging Performance of the New Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 157-70, March.
- Tew, Bernard V & Reid, Donald W & Witt, Craig A, 1991. "The Opportunity Cost of a Mean-Variance Efficient Choice," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 31-43, February.
- Kilcollin, T. Eric & Frankel, Michael E. S., 1993. "Futures and options markets: Their new role in Eastern Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 869-881, September.
- Cuny, Charles J, 1993. "The Role of Liquidity in Futures Market Innovations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 57-78.
- Bigelow, John Payne, 1993. "Consistency of mean-variance analysis and expected utility analysis : A complete characterization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 187-192.
- Zilcha, Itzhak & Broll, Udo, 1992. "Optimal hedging by firms with multiple sources of risky revenues," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 473-477, August.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1981. "Cross Hedging," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1182-96, December.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1980. " Hedging and Joint Production: Theory and Illustrations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 487-98, May.
- Johnston, Elizabeth Tashjian & McConnell, John J, 1989. "Requiem for a Market: An Analysis of the Rise and Fall of a Financial Futures Contract," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23.
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995.
"Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1995. "Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Robert Ferguson & Dean Leistikow, 1998. "Are regression approach futures hedge ratios stationary?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 851-866, October.
- Gemmill, Gordon, 1994. "Margins and the safety of clearing houses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 979-996, October.
- Chang, Carolyn W & Chang, Jack S K & Fang, Hsing, 1996. "Optimal Futures Hedge with Marketing-to-Market and Stochastic Interest Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 309-26, Fall.
- Pulley, Lawrence B., 1981. "A General Mean-Variance Approximation to Expected Utility for Short Holding Periods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 361-373, September.
- Harvey Lapan & Giancarlo Moschini, 1994.
"Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis, and Production Risk,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 465-477.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hachey, George Jr., 1992. "Price volatility and margin requirements in foreign exchange futures markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 328-339, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:20:y:2001:i:5:p:659-675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.