Introducing new futures contracts: reinforcement versus cannibalism
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 1994.
"Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis and Production Risk,"
Staff General Research Papers
10041, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Harvey Lapan & Giancarlo Moschini, 1994. "Futures Hedging Under Price, Basis, and Production Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 465-477.
- Rolfo, Jacques, 1980. "Optimal Hedging under Price and Quantity Uncertainty: The Case of a Cocoa Producer," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 100-116, February.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995.
"Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1995. "Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Robert Ferguson & Dean Leistikow, 1998. "Are regression approach futures hedge ratios stationary?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 851-866, October.
- Kilcollin, T. Eric & Frankel, Michael E. S., 1993. "Futures and options markets: Their new role in Eastern Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 869-881, September.
- Pulley, Lawrence B., 1981. "A General Mean-Variance Approximation to Expected Utility for Short Holding Periods," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 361-373, September.
- Tew, Bernard V & Reid, Donald W & Witt, Craig A, 1991. "The Opportunity Cost of a Mean-Variance Efficient Choice," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 31-43, February.
- Cuny, Charles J, 1993. "The Role of Liquidity in Futures Market Innovations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 57-78.
- Johnston, Elizabeth Tashjian & McConnell, John J, 1989. "Requiem for a Market: An Analysis of the Rise and Fall of a Financial Futures Contract," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 1-23.
- Zilcha, Itzhak & Broll, Udo, 1992. "Optimal hedging by firms with multiple sources of risky revenues," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 473-477, August.
- Bigelow, John Payne, 1993. "Consistency of mean-variance analysis and expected utility analysis : A complete characterization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 187-192.
- Chang, Carolyn W & Chang, Jack S K & Fang, Hsing, 1996. "Optimal Futures Hedge with Marketing-to-Market and Stochastic Interest Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 309-26, Fall.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1981. "Cross Hedging," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1182-96, December.
- Ederington, Louis H, 1979. "The Hedging Performance of the New Futures Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 157-70, March.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hachey, George Jr., 1992. "Price volatility and margin requirements in foreign exchange futures markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 328-339, August.
- Gemmill, Gordon, 1994. "Margins and the safety of clearing houses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 979-996, October.
- Tashjian Elizabeth & Weissman Maayana, 1995. "Advantages to Competing with Yourself: Why an Exchange Might Design Futures Contracts with Correlated Payoffs," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 133-157, April.
- Anderson, Ronald W & Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1980. " Hedging and Joint Production: Theory and Illustrations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 487-98, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jimfin:v:20:y:2001:i:5:p:659-675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.