Agriculture reform and food crisis in Syria: Impacts on poverty and inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Benedetto Rocchi & Donato Romano & Raid Hamza, 2012. "Agriculture Reform and Food Crisis in Syria: Impacts on Poverty and Inequality," Working Papers - Economics wp2012_19.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roland-Holst, David W & Sancho, Ferran, 1992.
"Relative Income Determination in the United States: A Social Accounting Perspective,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 38(3), pages 311-327, September.
- Roland-Holst, D.W. & Sancho, F., 1991. "Ralative Income Determination in the United States: A Social Accounting Perspective," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 188.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Frank Ellis & H Ade Freeman, 2004. "Rural Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction Strategies in Four African Countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1-30.
- Francois Bourguignon & Victoria Levin & David Rosenblatt, 2004. "Declining International Inequality and Economic Divergence: Reviewing the Evidence Through Different Lenses," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 100, pages 13-26.
- Lewis, Blane D. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1992. "District-level economic linkages in Kenya: Evidence based on a small regional social accounting matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-897, June.
- Jeffrey Round, 2003. "Constructing SAMs for Development Policy Analysis: Lessons Learned and Challenges Ahead," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 161-183.
- Margaret S. McMillan & Alix Peterson Zwane & Nava Ashraf, 2007.
"My Policies or Yours: Does OECD Support for Agriculture Increase Poverty in Developing Countries?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 183-240
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margaret McMillan & Alix Peterson Zwane & Nava Ashraf, 2005. "My Policies or Yours: Does OECD Support for Agriculture Increase Poverty in Developing Countries?," NBER Working Papers 11289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margaret Grosh & Paul Glewwe, 2000. "Designing Household Survey Questionnaires for Developing Countries : Lessons from 15 Years of the Living Standards Measurement Study, Volume 2," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15194.
- Minot, Nicholas & Chemingui, Mohamed & Thomas, Marcelle & Dewina, Reno & Orden, David, 2007. "Impact of trade liberalization on agriculture in the near East and North Africa:," IFPRI books, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), number Nenatrade:2007, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Syrian Arab Republic; 2009 Article IV Consultation: Staff Report; and Public Information Notice," IMF Staff Country Reports 10/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Anderson, Kym, 2009.
"Krueger/Schiff/Valdés Revisited: Agricultural Price and Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries since 1960,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson, 2010. "Krueger/Schiff/Valdes Revisited: Agricultural Price and Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries since 1960," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2010-04, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Anderson, Kym, 2010. "Krueger/Schiff/Valdes revisited : agricultural price and trade policy reform in developing countries since 1960," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5165, The World Bank.
- Rose, Adam, 1995. "Input-output economics and computable general equilibrium models," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 295-304, August.
- Ann Harrison, 2007. "Globalization and Poverty: An Introduction," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization and Poverty, pages 1-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2005. "Agricultural Liberalisation and the Least Developed Countries: Six Fallacies," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(9), pages 1277-1299, September.
- Erik Dietzenbacher, 2002. "Interregional Multipliers: Looking Backward, Looking Forward," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 125-136.
- Roland-Holst, David W & Sancho, Ferran, 1995. "Modeling Prices in a SAM Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 361-371, May.
- Valenzuela, Ernesto & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique & Anderson, Kym, 2008. "General equilibrium effects of price distortions on global markets, farm incomes and welfare," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 48630, World Bank.
- Krueger, Anne O & Schiff, Maurice & Valdes, Alberto, 1988. "Agricultural Incentives in Developing Countries: Measuring the Effect of Sectoral and Economywide Policies," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(3), pages 255-271, September.
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-873, December.
- Schiff, Maurice & Valdes, Alberto, 2002. "Agriculture and the macroeconomy, with emphasis on developing countries," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 27, pages 1421-1454 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quintero Peralta, MarÃa AngÃ©lica & Gallardo Cobos, Rosa MarÃa & CeÃ±a Delgado, Felisa, 2016. "Implicaciones de la disminuciÃ³n de la capacidad productiva de granos bÃ¡sicos sobre la alimentaciÃ³n en comunidades rurales pobres de MÃ©xico," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(2).
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Inequality; Agricultural liberalisation; Social accounting matrix; Syria;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:43:y:2013:i:c:p:190-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.