The Anatomy of a Call Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garbade, Kenneth D & Silber, William L, 1979. "Structural Organization of Secondary Markets: Clearing Frequency, Dealer Activity and Liquidity Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 577-593, June.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Miller, Merton H, 1988. " Liquidity and Market Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 617-637, July.
- Erik Theissen, 2002.
"Floor versus Screen Trading: Evidence from the German Stock Market,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 158(1), pages 1-32, March.
- THEISSEN, Erik, 1999. "Floor versus Screen Trading : Evidence from the German Stock Market," Les Cahiers de Recherche 690, HEC Paris.
- Bruce N. Lehmann and David M. Modest., 1994. "Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-234, University of California at Berkeley.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1996. "Security Prices and Market Transparency," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 255-283, July.
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992.
"Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
- Ailsa Röell & Marco Pagano, 1991. "Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?," FMG Discussion Papers dp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Brock, William A. & Kleidon, Allan W., 1992. "Periodic market closure and trading volume : A model of intraday bids and asks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 451-489.
- Easley, David, et al, 1996. " Liquidity, Information, and Infrequently Traded Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1405-1436, September.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Cushing, David & Madhavan, Ananth, 2000. "Stock returns and trading at the close," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 45-67, February.
- Brooks, Raymond M. & Su, Tie, 1997. "A Simple Cost Reduction Strategy for Small Liquidity Traders: Trade at the Opening," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(04), pages 525-540, December.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Sofianos, George, 1998. "An empirical analysis of NYSE specialist trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 189-210, May.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh, 2000. "Price Discovery in Auction Markets: A Look Inside the Black Box," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 627-658.
- Kerry Cooper, S. & Groth, John C. & Avera, William E., 1985. "Liquidity, exchange listing, and common stock performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 19-33, February.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-553, July.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
- Kairys, Joseph Jr. & Kruza, Raimonds & Kumpins, Ritvars, 2000. "Winners and losers from the introduction of continuous variable price trading: Evidence from the Riga Stock Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 603-624, April.
- Spiegel, Matthew & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. " On Intraday Risk Premia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 319-339, March.
- Lehmann, Bruce N & Modest, David M, 1994. " Trading and Liquidity on the Tokyo Stock Exchange: A Bird's Eye View," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 951-984, July.
- Chan, K C & Christie, William G & Schultz, Paul H, 1995. "Market Structure and the Intraday Pattern of Bid-Ask Spreads for NASDAQ Securities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(1), pages 35-60, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gernot Hinterleitner & Philipp Hornung & Ulrike Leopold-Wildburger & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan, 2012. "A Good Beginning Makes a Good Market: The Effect of Different Market Opening Structures on Market Quality," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Agarwalla, Sobhesh Kumar & Jacob, Joshy & Pandey, Ajay, 2015. "Impact of the introduction of call auction on price discovery: Evidence from the Indian stock market using high-frequency data," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 167-178.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "Call auction algorithm design and market manipulation," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 184-198, April.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2005.
"Market microstructure: A survey of microfoundations, empirical results, and policy implications,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 217-264, May.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2004. "Market Microstructure: A Survey of Microfoundations, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications," IDEI Working Papers 253, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Rajesh Acharya & Vishal Gaikwad, 2014. "Pre-open call auction and price discovery: Evidence from India," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2009.
"The impact of the suspension of opening and closing call auctions: evidence from the National Stock Exchange of India,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 257-284.
- Camilleri, Silvio John & Green, Christopher, 2009. "The impact of the suspension of opening and closing call auctions: Evidence from the National Stock Exchange of India," MPRA Paper 85069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cem Mehmet Baydur & Bora Suslu & Selahattin Bekmez, 2005. "Monetary Policy Analysis for Turkey in a Game Theoretical Perspective," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 8(29), pages 39-64.
- Kalay, Avner & Sade, Orly & Wohl, Avi, 2004. "Measuring stock illiquidity: An investigation of the demand and supply schedules at the TASE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 461-486, December.
- Lauterbach, Beni, 2001. "A note on trading mechanism and securities' value: The analysis of rejects from continuous trade," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 419-430, February.
- Anagnostidis, Panagiotis & Kanas, Angelos & Papachristou, George, 2015. "Information revelation in the Greek exchange opening call: Daily and intraday evidence," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 167-184.
- Weiyu Kuo & Yu‐Ching Li, 2011. "Trading Mechanisms and Market Quality: Call Markets versus Continuous Auction Markets," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 417-444, December.
- Camilleri, Silvio John, 2006. "Strategic Priorities for Stock Exchanges in New EU Member States," MPRA Paper 62494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghosh, Gaurav & Kwasnica, Anthony & Shortle, James, 2010. "A Laboratory Experiment to Compare Two Market Institutions for Emissions Trading," FCN Working Papers 18/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- M. Hasan Eken, 2005. "A Risk and Profitability Approach to Bank Performance Measurement: The Case of Turkish Commercial Banks," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 8(29), pages 15-38.
- Tsiakas, Ilias, 2008. "Overnight information and stochastic volatility: A study of European and US stock exchanges," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 251-268, February.
- Theissen, Erik, 2003. "Organized equity markets in Germany," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/17, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Carole Comerton-Forde & James Rydge & Hayley Burridge, 2007. "Not all call auctions are created equal: evidence from Hong Kong," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 395-413, November.
- Güray Kucukkocaoglu, 2005. "Single-Price Auction System for the Istanbul Stock Exchange," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 8(29), pages 65-79.
- Guler Aras & Alovsat Muslumov, 2005. "Institutional Investors and Stock Market Development: A Causality Study," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 8(29), pages 1-14.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:10:y:2001:i:3-4:p:249-270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.