Not all call auctions are created equal: evidence from Hong Kong
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=102990|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kehr, Carl-Heinrich & Krahnen, Jan P. & Theissen, Erik, 2001. "The Anatomy of a Call Market," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 249-270, July.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "The influence of call auction algorithm rules on market efficiency," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 199-222, May.
- Muscarella, Chris J. & Piwowar, Michael S., 2001. "Market microstructure and securities values: : Evidence from the Paris Bourse," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 209-229, June.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-41, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, . "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-39, July.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Ting Lau, Sie & McInish, Thomas, 2007. "Opening and closing behavior following the introduction of call auctions in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 18-35, January.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
- Andrew Ellul & Hyun Song Shin & Ian Tonks, 2004.
"Opening and closing the market: evidence from the London Stock Exchange,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24753, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ellul, Andrew & Shin, Hyun Song & Tonks, Ian, 2005. "Opening and Closing the Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(04), pages 779-801, December.
- Hyun Song Shin & Ian Tonks & Andrew Ellul, 2004. "Opening and Closing the Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," FMG Discussion Papers dp506, Financial Markets Group.
- Kalman J. Cohen & Gabriel A. Hawawini & Steven F. Maier & Robert A. Schwartz & David K. Whitcomb, 1983. "Estimating and Adjusting for the Intervalling-Effect Bias in Beta," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 135-148, January.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh, 2000. "Price Discovery in Auction Markets: A Look Inside the Black Box," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 627-58.
- Michael Aitken & Carole Comerton-Forde & Alex Frino, 2005. "Closing call auctions and liquidity," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 45(4), pages 501-518.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-53, July.
- Cohen, Kalman J. & Hawawini, Gabriel A. & Maier, Steven F. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1983. "Friction in the trading process and the estimation of systematic risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 263-278, August.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:29:y:2007:i:4:p:395-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.