Closing call auctions and liquidity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Comerton-Forde, Carole, 1999. "Do trading rules impact on market efficiency? A comparison of opening procedures on the Australian and Jakarta Stock Exchanges," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 495-521, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1986. "Asset pricing and the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 223-249, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim & Murgia, Maurizio, 1990. "Stock market microstructure and return volatility : Evidence from Italy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 423-440, August.
- Cushing, David & Madhavan, Ananth, 2000. "Stock returns and trading at the close," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 45-67, February.
- Brockman, Paul & Chung, Dennis Y., 1998. "Inter- and intra-day liquidity patterns on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 277-298, December.
- Brock, William A. & Kleidon, Allan W., 1992. "Periodic market closure and trading volume : A model of intraday bids and asks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 451-489.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Program Trading and Individual Stock Returns: Ingredients of the Triple-Witching Brew," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 165-192, January.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benson, Karen & Faff, Robert & Smith, Tom, 2015. "Injecting liquidity into liquidity research," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 35(PB), pages 533-540.
- Lai, Kam-Wah & Leung, Patrick W., 2018. "Unintended consequences of securities regulation: Stock value loss upon potential involuntary delisting in Hong Kong," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 219-226.
- Hsiu‐Chuan Lee & Cheng‐Yi Chien & Tzu‐Hsiang Liao, 2009. "Determination of stock closing prices and hedging performance with stock indices futures," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(4), pages 827-847, December.
- Henk Berkman & Carole Comerton‐Forde, 2011. "Market microstructure: A review from down under," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 51(1), pages 50-78, March.
- Alex Frino & Stewart Jones & Andrew Lepone & Jin Boon Wong, 2014. "Market Behavior of Institutional Investors around Bankruptcy Announcements," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1-2), pages 270-295, January.
- Kandel, Eugene & Rindi, Barbara & Bosetti, Luisella, 2012. "The effect of a closing call auction on market quality and trading strategies," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 23-49.
- Nadarajah, Sivathaasan & Ali, Searat & Liu, Benjamin & Huang, Allen, 2018. "Stock liquidity, corporate governance and leverage: New panel evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 216-234.
- Chelley-Steeley, Patricia, 2009. "Price synchronicity: The closing call auction and the London stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 777-791, December.
- Silvio John Camilleri, 2015.
"The Impact of Stock Market Structure on Volatility: Evidence from a Call Auction Suspension,"
International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(2), pages 44-53, April.
- Camilleri, Silvio John, 2015. "The Impact of Stock Market Structure on Volatility: Evidence from a Call Auction Suspension," MPRA Paper 63240, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Millicent Chang & Andrew B. Jackson & Marvin Wee, 2018. "A review of research on regulation changes in the Asia‐Pacific region," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 58(3), pages 635-667, September.
- Ze-To, Samuel Yau Man, 2016. "Asset liquidity and stock returns," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 177-196.
- Carole Comerton-Forde & James Rydge & Hayley Burridge, 2007. "Not all call auctions are created equal: evidence from Hong Kong," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 395-413, November.
- Gallagher, David R. & Gardner, Peter & Swan, Peter L., 2009. "Portfolio pumping: An examination of investment manager quarter-end trading and impact on performance," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Frino, Alex & Lepone, Grace & Wright, Danika, 2015. "Investor characteristics and the disposition effect," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:45:y:2005:i:4:p:501-518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.