The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2004. "The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call," Finance 0411012, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Cable & K. Holland, 1999. "Modelling normal returns in event studies: a model-selection approach and pilot study," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 331-341.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim & Murgia, Maurizio, 1990. "Stock market microstructure and return volatility : Evidence from Italy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2-3), pages 423-440, August.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch,Â T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," CORE Discussion Papers RP 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Bootstrap inference in econometrics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 615-645, November.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim & Lauterbach, Beni, 1997.
"Market microstructure and securities values: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 365-390, September.
- Yakov Amihud & Haim Mendelson & Beni Lauterbach, 1996. "Market Microstructure and Securities Values: Evidence From the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-7, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Yakov Amihud & Haim Mendelson & Beni Lauterbach, 1997. "Market Microstructure and Securities Values: Evidence from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-004, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole, 1999. "Do trading rules impact on market efficiency? A comparison of opening procedures on the Australian and Jakarta Stock Exchanges," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 495-521, December.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Nicholas Economides & Robert Schwartz,, "undated". "Electronic Call Market Trading," Financial Networks _001, Economics of Networks.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Dimitri Vayanos, 1999. "Strategic Trading and Welfare in a Dynamic Market," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(2), pages 219-254.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Beni Lauterbach & Meyer Ungar, 1997. "Switching to Continuous Trading and its Impact on Return Behavior and Volume of Trade," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(1), pages 39-50, August.
- Shastri, Karen A. & Shastri, Kuldeep & Sirodom, Kulpatra, 1995. "Trading mechanisms and return volatility: An empirical analysis of the stock exchange of Thailand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(2-3), pages 357-370, July.
- Pagano, Michael S. & Schwartz, Robert A., 2003. "A closing call's impact on market quality at Euronext Paris," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 439-484, June.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Jarque, Carlos M. & Bera, Anil K., 1980. "Efficient tests for normality, homoscedasticity and serial independence of regression residuals," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 255-259.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-553, July.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
- Kairys, Joseph Jr. & Kruza, Raimonds & Kumpins, Ritvars, 2000. "Winners and losers from the introduction of continuous variable price trading: Evidence from the Riga Stock Exchange," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 603-624, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sangram Keshari Jena & Ashutosh Dash, 2015. "Is call auction efficient for better price discovery?," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(8), pages 102-113, August.
- Camilleri, Silvio John, 2006. "Strategic Priorities for Stock Exchanges in New EU Member States," MPRA Paper 62494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCall Auctions; stock markets; National Stock Exchange of India;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0506006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.