A closing call's impact on market quality at Euronext Paris
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Hauser, Shmuel & Lauterbach, Beni, 2000. "Market Response to Liquidity Improvements: Evidence from Exchange Listings," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Fung, William K. H. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1985. "Adjusting for the intervalling effect bias in beta : A Test using Paris Bourse Data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 443-460, September.
- Cohen, Kalman J. & Hawawini, Gabriel A. & Maier, Steven F. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1983. "Friction in the trading process and the estimation of systematic risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 263-278, August.
- Muscarella, Chris J. & Piwowar, Michael S., 2001. "Market microstructure and securities values: : Evidence from the Paris Bourse," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 209-229, June.
- Lesmond, David A & Ogden, Joseph P & Trzcinka, Charles A, 1999. "A New Estimate of Transaction Costs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(5), pages 1113-1141.
- Levhari, David & Levy, Haim, 1977. "The Capital Asset Pricing Model and the Investment Horizon," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 92-104, February.
- Tarun Chordia & Bhaskaran Swaminathan, 2000. "Trading Volume and Cross-Autocorrelations in Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 913-935, April.
- Kalman J. Cohen & Gabriel A. Hawawini & Steven F. Maier & Robert A. Schwartz & David K. Whitcomb, 1983. "Estimating and Adjusting for the Intervalling-Effect Bias in Beta," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 135-148, January.
- Schultz, Paul, 2000. "Regulatory and Legal Pressures and the Costs of Nasdaq Trading," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 917-957.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- Cohen, Kalman J, et al, 1981. "Transaction Costs, Order Placement Strategy, and Existence of the Bid-Ask Spread," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1977. "Evidence on the Presence and Causes of Serial Correlation in Market Model Residuals," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 291-313, June.
- Hans R. Stoll, 2000. "Presidential Address: Friction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1479-1514, August.
- Roll, Richard, 1984. " A Simple Implicit Measure of the Effective Bid-Ask Spread in an Efficient Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1127-1139, September.
- Michael J. Barclay & William G. Christie & Jeffrey H. Harris & Eugene Kandel & Paul H. Schultz, 1999. "Effects of Market Reform on the Trading Costs and Depths of Nasdaq Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh, 2000. "Price Discovery in Auction Markets: A Look Inside the Black Box," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 627-658.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-553, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2004.
"The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call,"
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2005. "The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call," Finance 0506006, EconWPA.
- Robert Kelly, 2008. "Opening and Closing Asymmetry: Empirical Analysis from ISE Xetra," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 39(1), pages 55-78.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:68:y:2003:i:3:p:439-484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.