Do trading rules impact on market efficiency? A comparison of opening procedures on the Australian and Jakarta Stock Exchanges
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schnitzlein, Charles R, 1996. " Call and Continuous Trading Mechanisms under Asymmetric Information: An Experimental Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 613-636, June.
- Chang, Rosita P. & Ghon Rhee, S. & Soedigno, Susatio, 1995. "Price volatility of Indonesian stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(2-3), pages 337-355, July.
- Roll, Richard, 1984. " A Simple Implicit Measure of the Effective Bid-Ask Spread in an Efficient Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1127-1139, September.
- Madhavan, Ananth, 1992.
" Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 607-641, June.
- Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Trading Mechanisms in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Rosita P. Chang & Shuh-Tzy Hsu & Nai-Kuan Huang & S. Ghon Rhee, 1999. "The Effects of Trading Methods on Volatility and Liquidity: Evidence from the Taiwan Stock Exchange," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1-2), pages 137-170.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1991. " Volatility, Efficiency, and Trading: Evidence from the Japanese Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1765-1789, December.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1987. " Trading Mechanisms and Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 533-553, July.
- Stoll, Hans R & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. "Stock Market Structure and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 37-71.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2009.
"The impact of the suspension of opening and closing call auctions: evidence from the National Stock Exchange of India,"
International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 257-284.
- Camilleri, Silvio John & Green, Christopher, 2009. "The impact of the suspension of opening and closing call auctions: Evidence from the National Stock Exchange of India," MPRA Paper 85069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ainsworth, Andrew & Lee, Adrian D., 2014. "Waiting costs and limit order book liquidity: Evidence from the ex-dividend deadline in Australia," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 101-128.
- Tomas Dvorak, 2001.
"Do Domestic Investors Have an Information Advantage? Evidence from Indonesia,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2001-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Tomas Dvorak, 2001. "Do Domestic Investors Have an Information Advantage? Evidence from Indonesia," Center for Development Economics 168, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Yang, Joey Wenling, 2011. "Transaction duration and asymmetric price impact of trades--Evidence from Australia," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 91-102, January.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "The current state of Asia-Pacific stock exchanges: A critical review of market design," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Gernot Hinterleitner & Philipp Hornung & Ulrike Leopold-Wildburger & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan, 2012. "A Good Beginning Makes a Good Market: The Effect of Different Market Opening Structures on Market Quality," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Chan, K. & Karolyi, G. A. & Rhee, S. G., 2002. "A retrospective evaluation of the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal: 1993-2002," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 497-516, November.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L., 2011. "Optimal VWAP trading under noisy conditions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2319-2329, September.
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2004.
"The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call,"
- Silvio John Camilleri & Christopher J. Green, 2005. "The Impact of the Suspension of Opening and Closing Call," Finance 0506006, EconWPA.
- Camilleri, Silvio John, 2006. "Strategic Priorities for Stock Exchanges in New EU Member States," MPRA Paper 62494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Ting Lau, Sie & McInish, Thomas, 2007. "Opening and closing behavior following the introduction of call auctions in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 18-35, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:7:y:1999:i:5:p:495-521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.