Auction and Dealership Markets: What is the Difference?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Pagano, Marco & Roell, Ailsa, 1992. "Auction and dealership markets : What is the difference?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 613-623, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Pagano, 1989. "Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 255-274.
- Gennotte, Gerard & Leland, Hayne, 1990.
"Market Liquidity, Hedging, and Crashes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 999-1021, December.
- Gerard Gennotte and Hayne Leland., 1989. "Market Liquidity, Hedging and Crashes," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-192, University of California at Berkeley.
- Gerard Gennotte and Hayne Leland., 1989. "Market Liquidity, Hedging and Crashes," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-184, University of California at Berkeley.
- Ho, Thomas & Stoll, Hans R, 1980.
" On Dealer Markets under Competition,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 259-267, May.
- Thomas Ho & Hans Stoll, "undated". "On Dealer Markets Under Competition," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 01-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Thomas Ho & Hans Stoll, "undated". "On Dealer Markets Under Competition," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 1-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koopman, S.J.M. & Lai, H.N., 1998. "Modelling bid-ask spreads in competitive dealership markets," Discussion Paper 1998-032, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Poskitt, Russell, 2008. "Interest rate futures and forwards: Evidence from the sterling futures and FRA markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 399-412, December.
- Battalio, Robert & Ellul, Andrew & Jennings, Robert, 2005. "Reputation effects in trading on the New York Stock Exchange," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24659, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter Gomber & Peter Rohr & Uwe Schweickert, 2008. "Sports betting as a new asset class—current market organization and options for development," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 22(2), pages 169-192, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kehr, Carl-Heinrich & Krahnen, Jan P. & Theissen, Erik, 2001. "The Anatomy of a Call Market," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 249-270, July.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E. & O'Hara, Maureen, 1997. "High frequency data in financial markets: Issues and applications," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 73-114, June.
- Philip Hans Franses & Reinoud leperen & Paul Kofman & Martin Martens & Bert Menkveld, 1997. "Volatility Transmission And Patterns In Bund Futures," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 459-482, December.
- Franke, Gunter & Hess, Dieter, 2000. "Information diffusion in electronic and floor trading," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 455-478, December.
- Weiyu Kuo & Yu‐Ching Li, 2011. "Trading Mechanisms and Market Quality: Call Markets versus Continuous Auction Markets," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 417-444, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Di Maggio & Amir Kermani & Zhaogang Song, 2016. "The Value of Trading Relationships in Turbulent Times," NBER Working Papers 22332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian J. Henderson & Heather Tookes, 2012. "Do Investment Banks' Relationships with Investors Impact Pricing? The Case of Convertible Bond Issues," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(12), pages 2272-2291, December.
- Martens, Martin, 1998. "Price discovery in high and low volatility periods: open outcry versus electronic trading," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 243-260, December.
- Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans, 2000.
"Price competition between an expert and a non-expert,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 901-923, August.
- Bouckaert, Jan & Degryse, Hans, 1998. "Price Competition Between an Expert and a Non-Expert," CEPR Discussion Papers 1905, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bouckaert, J.M.C. & Degryse, H.A., 1998. "Price competition between an expert and a non-expert," Discussion Paper 1998-49, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gernot Hinterleitner & Philipp Hornung & Ulrike Leopold-Wildburger & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan, 2012. "A Good Beginning Makes a Good Market: The Effect of Different Market Opening Structures on Market Quality," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Sylvain Friederich & Richard Payne, 2007.
"Dealer Liquidity in an Auction Market: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 1168-1191, July.
- Friederich, Sylvain & Payne, Richard, 2002. "Dealer liquidity in an auction market: evidence fom the London Stock Exchange," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24947, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Payne & Sylvain Friederich, 2002. "Dealer liquidity in an auction market: evidence fom the London Stock Exchange," FMG Discussion Papers dp427, Financial Markets Group.
- Zalewska, Ania, 1999. "Does Market Organization Speed Up Market Stabilization? First Lessons From the Budapest and Warsaw Stock Exchanges," CEPR Discussion Papers 2134, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:124:y:2017:i:2:p:266-284 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fmg:fmgdps:dp125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The FMG Administration). General contact details of provider: http://www.lse.ac.uk/fmg/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.