Public versus private governance: a study of incentives and operational performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, James C. & Phibbs, Ciaran S., 1990. "An evaluation of Medicaid selective contracting in California," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 437-455, February.
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Lambert, Richard A. & Larcker, David F., 1995. "The prospective payment system, hospital efficiency, and compensation contracts for senior-level hospital administrators," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-31.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Jensen, Michael C., 1985. "Organizational forms and investment decisions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 101-119, March.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-264, April.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1985. "Corporate performance and managerial remuneration : An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 11-42, April.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003.
"Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 7-26.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001. "Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature," NBER Working Papers 8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Meltzer & Jeanette Chung & Anirban Basu, 2002. "Does Competition under Medicare Prospective Payment Selectively Reduce Expenditures on High-Cost Patients?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 447-468, Autumn.
- Core, John E. & Holthausen, Robert W. & Larcker, David F., 1999. "Corporate governance, chief executive officer compensation, and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 371-406, March.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Trost, Robert P., 1978. "Estimation of some limited dependent variable models with application to housing demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 357-382, December.
- Lynk, William J, 1995. "Nonprofit Hospital Mergers and the Exercise of Market Power," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 437-461, October.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
- Deneffe, Daniel & Masson, Robert T., 2002. "What do not-for-profit hospitals maximize?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-492, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cardinaels, Eddy, 2009. "Governance in non-for-profit hospitals: Effects of board members' remuneration and expertise on CEO compensation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 64-75, November.
- Michael Firth & Sonia Wong & Yong Yang, 2014. "The double-edged sword of CEO/chairperson duality in corporatized state-owned firms: evidence from top management turnover in China," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(1), pages 207-244, February.
- Newton, Ashley N., 2015. "Executive compensation, organizational performance, and governance quality in the absence of owners," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 195-222.
- Eddy Cardinaels & Naomi Soderstrom, 2013. "Managing in a Complex World: Accounting and Governance Choices in Hospitals," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 647-684, December.
- Chang, Eric C. & Wong, Sonia M.L., 2009. "Governance with multiple objectives: Evidence from top executive turnover in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 230-244, April.
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Evans, Mark E. & Nanda, Dhananjay, 2012. "Nonprofit boards: Size, performance and managerial incentives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 466-487.
- Brickley, James A. & Van Horn, R. Lawrence & Wedig, Gerard J., 2010. "Board composition and nonprofit conduct: Evidence from hospitals," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 196-208, November.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:20:y:2009:i:2:p:141-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fabrizio Sarto & Corrado Cuccurullo & Massimo Aria, 2014. "Exploring healthcare governance literature: systematic review and paths for future research," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(91), pages 61-80.
- Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur, 2009. "Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 188-195, May.
- Pamela C. Smith & Stephanie Ross & Paige Gee, 2016. "An Exploration of Nonprofit Hospital Executive Compensation Abstract:," Working Papers 0170acc, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- repec:taf:euract:v:25:y:2016:i:4:p:661-686 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:reaccs:v:23:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11142-018-9473-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jaecon:v:35:y:2003:i:3:p:377-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.