Does Competition under Medicare Prospective Payment Selectively Reduce Expenditures on High-Cost Patients?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2012.
"Does Competition Improve Public Hospitals' Efficiency? Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment in the English National Health Service,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1125, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Cooper, Zack & Gibbons, Stephen & Jones, Simon & McGuire, Alistair, 2012. "Does competition improve public hospitals’ efficiency?: evidence from a quasi-experiment in the English National Health Service," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 42057, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Grabowski, David C. & Afendulis, Christopher C. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2011. "Medicare prospective payment and the volume and intensity of skilled nursing facility services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 675-684, July.
- Sood, Neeraj & Alpert, Abby & Barnes, Kayleigh & Huckfeldt, Peter & Escarce, José J., 2017.
"Effects of payment reform in more versus less competitive markets,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 66-83.
- Neeraj Sood & Abby Alpert & Kayleigh Barnes & Peter Huckfeldt & Jose Escarce, 2015. "Effects of Payment Reform in More versus Less Competitive Markets," NBER Working Papers 21654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Milcent, Carine, 2011.
"Public employment and political pressure: The case of French hospitals,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1103-1112.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Milcent, Carine, 2010. "Public Employment and Political Pressure: The Case of French Hospitals," IZA Discussion Papers 4994, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Carine Milcent, 2011. "Public Employment and Political Pressure: The Case of French Hospitals," Post-Print halshs-00654629, HAL.
- Chen, Chi-Chen & Cheng, Shou-Hsia, 2010. "Hospital competition and patient-perceived quality of care: Evidence from a single-payer system in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 65-73, November.
- Jiale Zhang, 2007. "A DID analysis of the impact of health insurance reform in the city of Hangzhou," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(12), pages 1389-1402.
- Björn A. Kuchinke & Ansgar Wübker, 2009. "Defizite von öffentlichen Allgemeinkrankenhäusern in Deutschland: Empirische Befunde von 1998 bis 2004 und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(3), pages 290-308, August.
- Eldenburg, Leslie & Krishnan, Ranjani, 2003. "Public versus private governance: a study of incentives and operational performance," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 377-404, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5426 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Esteban Carranza & Álvaro J. Riascos & Natalia Serna, 2015.
"Poder de mercado, contratos y resultados de salud en el sistema de salud colombiano entre 2009 y 2011,"
Borradores de Economia
918, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan Esteban Carranza & Álvaro J. Riascos & Natalia Serna, 2015. "Poder de mercado, contratos y resultados de salud en el sistema de salud colombiano entre 2009 y 2011," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 014087, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Lien, Hsien-Ming & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Tan, 2008. "Hospital ownership and performance: Evidence from stroke and cardiac treatment in Taiwan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1208-1223, September.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:122:y:2018:i:2:p:75-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vivian Ho, 2006. "Does certificate of need affect cardiac outcomes and costs?," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 300-324, December.
- Tsuyoshi Takahara, 2016.
"Patient dumping, outlier payments, and optimal healthcare payment policy under asymmetric information,"
Health Economics Review,
Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Tsuyoshi Takahara, 2013. "Patient Dumping, Outlier Payments, and Optimal Healthcare Payment Policy under Asymmetric Information," ISER Discussion Paper 0891r, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Oct 2014.
- Brigitte Dormont & Carine Milcent, 2004. "The sources of hospital cost variability," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 927-939.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:randje:v:33:y:2002:i:autumn:p:447-468. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.rje.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .