Modeling future U.S. forest sector market and trade impacts of expansion in wood energy consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gurgel Angelo & Reilly John M & Paltsev Sergey, 2007. "Potential Land Use Implications of a Global Biofuels Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-36, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caurla, Sylvain & Delacote, Philippe & Lecocq, Franck & Barkaoui, Ahmed, 2013. "Stimulating fuelwood consumption through public policies: An assessment of economic and resource impacts based on the French Forest Sector Model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 338-347.
- Craig M.T. Johnston & G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2014.
"Carbon Neutrality of Hardwood and Softwood Biomass: Issues of Temporal Preference,"
2014-06, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Johnston, Craig M.T. & Kooten, G. Cornelis van, 2014. "Carbon Neutrality of Hardwood and Softwood Biomass: Issues of Temporal Preference," Working Papers 190592, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- Jinggang Guo & Craig M.T. Johnston, 2020. "Do Protectionist Trade Policies Integrate Domestic Markets? Evidence from the Canada-U.S. Softwood Lumber Dispute," Staff Working Papers 20-10, Bank of Canada.
- Johnston, Craig M.T. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2016. "Global trade impacts of increasing Europe's bioenergy demand," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 27-44.
- Latta, Gregory S. & Sjølie, Hanne K. & Solberg, Birger, 2013. "A review of recent developments and applications of partial equilibrium models of the forest sector," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 350-360.
- Xian, Hui & Colson, Gregory & Karali, Berna & Wetzstein, Michael, 2017.
"Do nonrenewable-energy prices affect renewable-energy volatility? The case of wood pellets,"
Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 42-48.
- Xian, Hui & Gregory, Colson & Michael, Wetzstein, 2015. "Impact of nonrenewable on renewable energy: The case of wood pellets," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196833, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hurmekoski, Elias & Hetemäki, Lauri, 2013. "Studying the future of the forest sector: Review and implications for long-term outlook studies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 17-29.
- Daigneault, Adam & Johnston, Craig & Korosuo, Anu & Baker, Justin S. & Forsell, Nicklas & Prestemon, Jeffrey P. & Abt, Robert C., 2019. "Developing Detailed Shared Socioeconomic Pathway (SSP) Narratives for the Global Forest Sector," Journal of Forest Economics, now publishers, vol. 34(1-2), pages 7-45, August.
- Galik, Christopher S. & Abt, Robert C. & Latta, Gregory & Vegh, Tibor, 2015. "The environmental and economic effects of regional bioenergy policy in the southeastern U.S," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 335-346.
- Latta, Gregory S. & Baker, Justin S. & Beach, Robert H. & Rose, Steven K. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2013.
"A multi-sector intertemporal optimization approach to assess the GHG implications of U.S. forest and agricultural biomass electricity expansion,"
Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 361-383.
- Latta, Gregory S. & Baker, Justin Scott & Beach, Robert H. & Rose, Steven K. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2013. "A Multi-Sector Intertemporal Optimization Approach to Assess the GHG Implications of U.S. Forest and Agricultural Biomass Electricity Expansion," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150293, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lochhead, Kyle & Ghafghazi, Saeed & Havlik, Petr & Forsell, Nicklas & Obersteiner, Michael & Bull, Gary & Mabee, Warren, 2016. "Price trends and volatility scenarios for designing forest sector transformation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 184-191.
- G. Cornelis van Kooten, 2016. "California Dreaming: The Economics of Renewable Energy," Working Papers 2016-05, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Lauri, Pekka & Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Schneider, Uwe A., 2012. "Price of CO2 emissions and use of wood in Europe," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 123-131.
- Nepal, Prakash & Ince, Peter J. & Skog, Kenneth E. & Chang, Sun J., 2013. "Forest carbon benefits, costs and leakage effects of carbon reserve scenarios in the United States," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 286-306.
- Sergent, Arnaud, 2014. "Sector-based political analysis of energy transition: Green shift in the forest policy regime in France," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 491-500.
- Guo, Jinggang & Gong, Peichen, 2019. "Assessing the impacts of rising fuelwood demand on Swedish forest sector: An intertemporal optimization approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 91-98.
- Favero, Alice & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2013.
"Evaluating the Global Role of Woody Biomass as a Mitigation Strategy,"
Climate Change and Sustainable Development
148929, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Alice Favero & Robert Mendelsohn, 2013. "Evaluating the Global Role of Woody Biomass as a Mitigation Strategy," Working Papers 2013.37, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Matzenberger, Julian & Kranzl, Lukas & Tromborg, Eric & Junginger, Martin & Daioglou, Vassilis & Sheng Goh, Chun & Keramidas, Kimon, 2015. "Future perspectives of international bioenergy trade," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 926-941.
- Johnston, Craig M.T. & Cornelis van Kooten, G., 2015. "Back to the past: Burning wood to save the globe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 185-193.
- Wang, Weiwei & Khanna, Madhu & Dwivedi, Puneet, 2013. "Optimal Mix of Feedstock for Biofuels: Implications for Land Use and GHG Emissions," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150736, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- White, Eric M. & Latta, Greg & Alig, Ralph J. & Skog, Kenneth E. & Adams, Darius M., 2013. "Biomass production from the U.S. forest and agriculture sectors in support of a renewable electricity standard," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 64-74.
More about this item
KeywordsForest products Market modeling Wood energy scenarios;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:17:y:2011:i:2:p:142-156. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.