Harvesting in boreal forests and the biofuel carbon debt
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bjart Holtsmark, 2010. "Use of wood fuels from boreal forests will create a biofuel carbon debt with a long payback time," Discussion Papers 637, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Weisser, Daniel, 2007. "A guide to life-cycle greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from electric supply technologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1543-1559.
- Hutchinson Emma & Kennedy Peter W & Martinez Cristina, 2010. "Subsidies for the Production of Cleaner Energy: When Do They Cause Emissions to Rise?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-11, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holtsmark, Bjart & Hoel, Michael & Holtsmark, Katinka, 2013.
"Optimal harvest age considering multiple carbon pools – A comment,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 87-95.
- Bjart Holtsmark & Michael Hoel & Katinka Holtsmark, 2012. "Optimal harvest age considering multiple carbon pools - a comment," Discussion Papers 704, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:434-446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoel, Michael & Holtsmark, Bjart & Holtsmark, Katinka, 2014.
"Faustmann and the climate,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 192-210.
- Michael Hoel & Bjart Holtsmark & Katinka Holtsmark, 2012. "Faustmann and the Climate," Discussion Papers 701, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Michael Hoel & Bjart Holtsmark & Katinka Holtsmark, 2012. "Faustmann and the Climate," CESifo Working Paper Series 3951, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hoel, Michael & Holtsmark, Bjart & Holtsmark, Katinka, 2012. "Faustmann and the Climate," Memorandum 26/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Vass, Miriam Münnich & Elofsson, Katarina, 2016. "Is forest carbon sequestration at the expense of bioenergy and forest products cost-efficient in EU climate policy to 2050?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 82-105.
- Kallio, A.M.I. & Salminen, O. & Sievänen, R., 2013. "Sequester or substitute—Consequences of increased production of wood based energy on the carbon balance in Finland," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 402-415.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:85:y:2017:i:p1:p:192-200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bentsen, Niclas Scott, 2017. "Carbon debt and payback time – Lost in the forest?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1211-1217.
- Repo, Anna & Ahtikoski, Anssi & Liski, Jari, 2015. "Cost of turning forest residue bioenergy to carbon neutral," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 12-21.
- Ekholm, Tommi & Karvosenoja, Niko & Tissari, Jarkko & Sokka, Laura & Kupiainen, Kaarle & Sippula, Olli & Savolahti, Mikko & Jokiniemi, Jorma & Savolainen, Ilkka, 2014. "A multi-criteria analysis of climate, health and acidification impacts due to greenhouse gases and air pollution—The case of household-level heating technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 499-509.
- Jussi Lintunen & Jussi Uusivuori, 2014. "On The Economics of Forest Carbon: Renewable and Carbon Neutral But Not Emission Free," Working Papers 2014.13, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:248:y:2013:i:c:p:130-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kallio, A.M.I. & Salminen, O. & Sievänen, R., 2016. "Forests in the Finnish low carbon scenarios," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 45-62.
- Withers, Mitch R. & Malina, Robert & Barrett, Steven R.H., 2015. "Carbon, climate, and economic breakeven times for biofuel from woody biomass from managed forests," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 45-52.
- Väisänen, S. & Havukainen, J. & Uusitalo, V. & Havukainen, M. & Soukka, R. & Luoranen, M., 2016. "Carbon footprint of biobutanol by ABE fermentation from corn and sugarcane," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 401-410.
- Johnston, Craig M.T. & Cornelis van Kooten, G., 2015. "Back to the past: Burning wood to save the globe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 185-193.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:112:y:2012:i:2:p:415-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.