A Multi-Sector Intertemporal Optimization Approach to Assess the GHG Implications of U.S. Forest and Agricultural Biomass Electricity Expansion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Latta, Gregory S. & Baker, Justin S. & Beach, Robert H. & Rose, Steven K. & McCarl, Bruce A., 2013. "A multi-sector intertemporal optimization approach to assess the GHG implications of U.S. forest and agricultural biomass electricity expansion," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 361-383.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lecocq, Franck & Caurla, Sylvain & Delacote, Philippe & Barkaoui, Ahmed & Sauquet, Alexandre, 2011.
"Paying for forest carbon or stimulating fuelwood demand? Insights from the French Forest Sector Model,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 157-168, April.
- Alexandre Sauquet & Ahmed Barkaoui & Sylvain Caurla & Philippe Delacote & Franck Lecocq, 2011. "Paying for forest carbon or stimulating fuel wood demand? Insights from the French Forest Sector Model," Post-Print halshs-00602112, HAL.
- Soimakallio, S. & Mäkinen, T. & Ekholm, T. & Pahkala, K. & Mikkola, H. & Paappanen, T., 2009. "Greenhouse gas balances of transportation biofuels, electricity and heat generation in Finland--Dealing with the uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 80-90, January.
- Ince, Peter J. & Kramp, Andrew D. & Skog, Kenneth E. & Yoo, Do-il & Sample, V. Alaric, 2011. "Modeling future U.S. forest sector market and trade impacts of expansion in wood energy consumption," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 142-156, April.
- Bruce McCarl & Darius Adams & Ralph Alig & John Chmelik, 2000. "Competitiveness of biomass‐fueled electrical power plants," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 37-55, January.
- Brown, Marilyn A. & Baek, Youngsun, 2010. "The forest products industry at an energy/climate crossroads," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7665-7675, December.
- Kretschmer, Bettina & Peterson, Sonja, 2010.
"Integrating bioenergy into computable general equilibrium models -- A survey,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 673-686, May.
- Kretschmer, Bettina & Peterson, Sonja, 2008. "Integrating bioenergy into computable general equilibrium models: a survey," Kiel Working Papers 1473, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Baker, Justin Scott & McCarl, Bruce A. & Murray, Brian C. & Rose, Steven K. & Alig, Ralph J. & Adams, Darius M. & Latta, Gregory S. & Beach, Robert H. & Daigneault, Adam J., 2010. "Net Farm Income and Land Use under a U.S. Greenhouse Gas Cap and Trade," Policy Issues 93683, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Latta, Gregory & Adams, Darius M. & Alig, Ralph J. & White, Eric, 2011. "Simulated effects of mandatory versus voluntary participation in private forest carbon offset markets in the United States," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-141, April.
- Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Anttila, Perttu & McCormick, Megan & Asikainen, Antti, 2011. "Are the Finnish targets for the energy use of forest chips realistic--Assessment with a spatial market model," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 110-126, April.
- Feng Song & Jinhua Zhao & Scott M. Swinton, 2011.
"Switching to Perennial Energy Crops Under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 764-779.
- Song, Feng & Zhao, Jinhua & Swinton, Scott M., 2009. "Switching to Perennial Energy Crops under Uncertainty and Costly Reversibility," Staff Paper Series 56195, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ian Hardie & Peter Parks & Peter Gottleib & David Wear, 2000. "Responsiveness of Rural and Urban Land Uses to Land Rent Determinants in the U.S. South," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 659-673.
- Touš, Michal & Pavlas, Martin & Stehlík, Petr & Popela, Pavel, 2011. "Effective biomass integration into existing combustion plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4654-4662.
- Buongiorno, Joseph & Raunikar, Ronald & Zhu, Shushuai, 2011. "Consequences of increasing bioenergy demand on wood and forests: An application of the Global Forest Products Model," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 214-229, April.
- Lauri, Pekka & Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Schneider, Uwe A., 2012. "Price of CO2 emissions and use of wood in Europe," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 123-131.
- Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Woerman, Matt & Steinberg, Daniel C., 2011.
"Federal policies for renewable electricity: Impacts and interactions,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 3975-3991, July.
- Palmer, Karen & Paul, Anthony & Woerman, Matt, 2011. "Federal Policies for Renewable Electricity: Impacts and Interactions," Discussion Papers dp-10-53, Resources For the Future.
- Moiseyev, Alexander & Solberg, Birger & Kallio, A. Maarit I. & Lindner, Marcus, 2011. "An economic analysis of the potential contribution of forest biomass to the EU RES target and its implications for the EU forest industries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 197-213, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:126:y:2019:i:c:p:391-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vass, Miriam Münnich & Elofsson, Katarina, 2016. "Is forest carbon sequestration at the expense of bioenergy and forest products cost-efficient in EU climate policy to 2050?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 82-105.
- Miguel RIVIERE & Sylvain CAURLA, 2018. "Integrating non-timber objectives into bio-economic models of the forest sector: a review of recent innovations and current shortcomings," Working Papers of BETA 2018-26, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Galik, Christopher S. & Abt, Robert C. & Latta, Gregory & Méley, Andréanne & Henderson, Jesse D., 2016. "Meeting renewable energy and land use objectives through public–private biomass supply partnerships," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 264-274.
- Galik, Christopher S. & Abt, Robert C. & Latta, Gregory & Vegh, Tibor, 2015. "The environmental and economic effects of regional bioenergy policy in the southeastern U.S," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 335-346.
- Olivia Cintas & Göran Berndes & Annette L. Cowie & Gustaf Egnell & Hampus Holmström & Göran I. Ågren, 2016. "The climate effect of increased forest bioenergy use in Sweden: evaluation at different spatial and temporal scales," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 351-369, May.
- repec:eee:foreco:v:28:y:2017:i:c:p:42-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:forpol:v:85:y:2017:i:p1:p:161-171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Panichelli, Luis & Gnansounou, Edgard, 2015. "Impact of agricultural-based biofuel production on greenhouse gas emissions from land-use change: Key modelling choices," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 344-360.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:116:y:2018:i:c:p:397-409 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:resene:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:198-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnston, Craig M.T. & Cornelis van Kooten, G., 2015. "Back to the past: Burning wood to save the globe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 185-193.
- Xian, Hui & Colson, Gregory & Karali, Berna & Wetzstein, Michael, 2017.
"Do nonrenewable-energy prices affect renewable-energy volatility? The case of wood pellets,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 42-48.
- Xian, Hui & Gregory, Colson & Michael, Wetzstein, 2015. "Impact of nonrenewable on renewable energy: The case of wood pellets," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196833, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:150293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.