Natural resource ownership, financial gains, and governance: The case of unconventional gas development in the UK and the US
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Major P., 2015. "Internet governance: Trends and realities. Part 1," Бизнес-информатика, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», issue 4 (34), pages 7-14.
- Phelan, Anna (Anya) & Dawes, Les & Costanza, Robert & Kubiszewski, Ida, 2017. "Evaluation of social externalities in regional communities affected by coal seam gas projects: A case study from Southeast Queensland," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 300-311.
- Joseph Marchand & Jeremy Weber, 2018.
"Local Labor Markets And Natural Resources: A Synthesis Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 469-490, April.
- Marchand, Joseph & Weber, Jeremy, 2016. "Local Labor Markets and Natural Resources: A Synthesis of the Literature," Working Papers 2016-10, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2017.
- Vissing, Ashley, 2015. "Private Contracts as Regulation: A Study of Private Lease Negotiations Using the Texas Natural Gas Industry," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(2), August.
- James, Alexander & Smith, Brock, 2017.
"There will be blood: Crime rates in shale-rich U.S. counties,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 125-152.
- Alexander James & Brock Smith, 2014. "There will be blood: Crime rates in shale-rich U.S. counties," Working Papers 2014-04, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Alexander James & Brock Smith, 2014. "There Will Be Blood: Crime Rates in Shale-Rich US Counties," OxCarre Working Papers 140, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:fip:fedkrw:rwp2013-07 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xin Li & Tih Koon Tan, 2015. "Governance Changes For Firms Added To The S&P 500," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 9(4), pages 21-35.
- Haslam, Paul Alexander & Ary Tanimoune, Nasser, 2016. "The Determinants of Social Conflict in the Latin American Mining Sector: New Evidence with Quantitative Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 401-419.
- Andersson-Hudson, Jessica & Knight, William & Humphrey, Mathew & O’Hara, Sarah, 2016. "Exploring support for shale gas extraction in the United Kingdom," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 582-589.
- Parlee, Brenda L., 2015. "Avoiding the Resource Curse: Indigenous Communities and Canada’s Oil Sands," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 425-436.
- Fry, Matthew & Briggle, Adam & Kincaid, Jordan, 2015. "Fracking and environmental (in)justice in a Texas city," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 97-107.
- James Edward, Curtis Jr, 2017. "Differences in Wealth, Education, and History," MPRA Paper 81528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaskoski, Maiah, 2014. "Environmental Licensing and Conflict in Peru's Mining Sector: A Path-Dependent Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 873-883.
- Ilia Murtazashvili & Jennifer Murtazashvili, 2015. "Anarchy, self-governance, and legal titling," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 162(3), pages 287-305, March.
- Jeremy G. Weber & J. Wesley Burnett & Irene M. Xiarchos, 2016.
"Broadening Benefits from Natural Resource Extraction: Housing Values and Taxation of Natural Gas Wells as Property,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(3), pages 587-614, June.
- Weber, Jeremy G. & Burnett, J.Wesley & Xiarchos, Irene M., 2016. "Broadening benefits from natural resource extraction: Housing values and taxation of natural gas wells as property," MPRA Paper 68900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martono Anggusti & Bismar Nasution & Mahmul Siregar & Suhaidi & Tan Kamello & Benny Tabalujan & Hikmahanto Juwana, 2015. "Corporate Governance for Employee¡¯s Welfare," International Journal of Social Science Studies, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 257-266, May.
- Nicky R M Pouw & Ad de Bruijne, 2015. "Strategic Governance for Inclusive Development," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 27(4), pages 481-487, September.
- Lixing Li & Guangrong Ma, 2015. "Government Size and Tax Evasion: Evidence from China," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 346-364, May.
- McGlade, Christophe & Speirs, Jamie & Sorrell, Steve, 2013. "Methods of estimating shale gas resources – Comparison, evaluation and implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 116-125.
- Oecd, 2015. "Intergovernmental organisation activities," Nuclear Law Bulletin, OECD Publishing, vol. 2015(1), pages 85-91.
- Naveed Paydara, Olga Schenk, Ashley Bowers, Sanya Carley, John Rupp and John D. Graham, 2016. "The Effect of Community Reinvestment Funds on Local Acceptance of Unconventional Gas Development," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- ., 2015. "Corporate governance and financialization," Chapters,in: The Financialization of the Firm, chapter 4, pages 107-139 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:160-167 is not listed on IDEAS
- Verbrugge, Boris, 2015. "Decentralization, Institutional Ambiguity, and Mineral Resource Conflict in Mindanao, Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 449-460.
- Wendong Deng & George W. J. Hendrikse, 2015. "Managerial vision bias and cooperative governance," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 42(5), pages 797-828.
- Rothkopf, Michael H. & Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1992. "Innovative approaches to competitive mineral leasing," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 233-248, September.
- Vissing, Ashley, 2015. "Private Contracts as Regulation: A Study of Private Lease Negotiations Using the Texas Natural Gas Industry," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 120-137, August.
- Brown, Jason P. & Fitzgerald, Timothy & Weber, Jeremy G., 2016.
"Capturing rents from natural resource abundance: Private royalties from U.S. onshore oil & gas production,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 23-38.
- Brown, Jason P. & Fitzgerald, Timothy & Weber, Jeremy G., 2015. "Capturing Rents from Natural Resource Abundance: Private Royalties from U.S. Onshore Oil & Gas Production," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205657, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Brown, Jason & Fitzgerald, Timothy & Weber, Jeremy G., 2015. "Capturing rents from natural resource abundance: private royalties from U.S. onshore oil and gas production," Research Working Paper RWP 15-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Oecd, 2015. "Intergovernmental organisation activities," Nuclear Law Bulletin, OECD Publishing, vol. 2014(2), pages 133-142.
- Jeremy G. Weber & Jason Brown & John Pender, 2013. "Rural wealth creation and emerging energy industries: lease and royalty payments to farm households and businesses," Research Working Paper RWP 13-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Alan R. Collins & Kofi Nkansah, 2015. "Divided Rights, Expanded Conflict: Split Estate Impacts on Surface Owner Perceptions of Shale Gas Drilling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(4), pages 688-703.
- Hu, Desheng & Xu, Shengqing, 2013. "Opportunity, challenges and policy choices for China on the development of shale gas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 21-26.
- James, Nellie, 1997. "An overview of Papua New Guinea's mineral policy," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 97-101, June.
More about this item
KeywordsGovernance; Natural resources; Ownership; Unconventional natural gas; United Kingdom; Pennsylvania;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:111:y:2017:i:c:p:281-296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.