Environmental compliance by firms in the manufacturing sector in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lata Gangadharan, 2003. "Environmental Compliance by Firms in the Manufacturing Sector in Mexico," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 881, The University of Melbourne.
References listed on IDEAS
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1983. "Raising Rivals' Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 267-271, May.
- Arora, Seema & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 1995. "Toward a theoretical model of voluntary overcompliance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 289-309, December.
- Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Informal Regulation of Industrial Pollution in Developing Countries: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(6), pages 1314-1327, December.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2005.
"Contractionary Currency Crashes in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
11508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," Working Paper Series rwp05-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2005. "Contractionary Currency Crashes In Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 117, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Huq, Mainul & Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Determinants of pollution abatement in developing countries: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1891-1904, December.
- Lata Gangadharan, 2001. "Compliance in environmental markets," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(10), pages 641-644.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1996. "Environmental Inspections and Emissions of the Pulp and Paper Industry in Quebec," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-36, July.
- Pargal, Sheoli, et al, 1997. "Formal and Informal Regulation of Industrial Pollution: Comparative Evidence from Indonesia and the United States," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 433-450, September.
- Lanoie, Paul & Laplante, Benoit & Roy, Maite, 1998. "Can capital markets create incentives for pollution control?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 31-41, July.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2001. "Pollution and Capital Markets in Developing Countries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 310-335, November.
- Magat, Wesley A & Viscusi, W Kip, 1990. "Effectiveness of the EPA's Regulatory Enforcement: The Case of Industrial Effluent Standards," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 331-360, October.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu & Wang, Hua, 2001. "Inspections, pollution prices, and environmental performance: evidence from China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 487-498, March.
- Pargal, Sheoli & Hettige, Hemamala & Singh, Manjula & Wheeler, David, 1997. "Formal and informal regulation of industrial pollution : comparative evidence from Indonesia and the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1797, The World Bank.
- Seema Arora & Timothy N. Cason, 1996. "Why Do Firms Volunteer to Exceed Environmental Regulations? Understanding Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 413-432.
- Harrington, Winston, 1988. "Enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 29-53, October.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1998. "The Mexican Peso Crisis: How Much Did We Know? When Did We Know It?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Hamilton James T., 1995. "Pollution as News: Media and Stock Market Reactions to the Toxics Release Inventory Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 98-113, January.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hettige, Hemamala & Wheeler, David, 2000. "What Improves Environmental Compliance? Evidence from Mexican Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 39-66, January.
- Hartman, Raymond S.*Huq, Mainul*Wheeler,David R., 1997. "Why paper mills clean up : determinants of pollution abatement in four Asian countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1710, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaoussou DIARRA & Sébastien MARCHAND, 2011.
"Does Pervasive Corruption Matter For Firm's Demand for Good Governance in Developing Countries?,"
- Gaoussou Diarra & Sébastien Marchand, 2011. "Does Pervasive Corruption Matter For Firm's Demand for Good Governance in Developing Countries?," Working Papers halshs-00588191, HAL.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & Michael Margolis, 2017.
"Do industries pollute more in poorer neighborhoods? Evidence from toxic releasing plants in Mexico,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 853-870.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & José Jaime Sainz Santamaría, 2015. "Do Industries Pollute More in Poorer Neighborhoods? Evidence From Toxic Releasing Plants in Mexico," Working papers DTE 587, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & Michael Margolis & José Jaime Sainz Santamaria, 2016. "Do industries pollute more in poorer neighborhoods? Evidence from toxic releasing plants in Mexico," Working papers DTE 597, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Luken, Ralph & Van Rompaey, Frank & Zigová, Katarina, 2008. "The determinants of EST adoption by manufacturing plants in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 141-152, May.
- Earnhart, Dietrich & Harrington, Donna Ramirez, 2014. "Effect of audits on the extent of compliance with wastewater discharge limits," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 243-261.
- Singh, Neelam & Jain, Suresh & Sharma, Prateek, 2015. "Motivations for implementing environmental management practices in Indian industries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1-8.
- Rikhardsson, Pall & Best, Peter & Green, Peter & Rosemann, Michael, 2006. "Business Process Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Control: A Research Agenda," Management Accounting Research Group Working Papers M-2006-05, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Lan, Jing & Munro, Alistair, 2013.
"Environmental compliance and human capital: Evidence from Chinese industrial firms,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 534-557.
- Jing Lan & Alistair Munro, 2012. "Environmental Compliance and Human Capital: Evidence from Chinese Industrial Firms," GRIPS Discussion Papers 12-05, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2013. "Effect of Systems to Manage Environmental Aspects on Environmental Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 1-32, June.
- del Río González, Pablo, 2009. "The empirical analysis of the determinants for environmental technological change: A research agenda," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 861-878, January.
- Claudia Poser & Edeltraud Guenther & Marc Orlitzky, 2012. "Shades of green: using computer-aided qualitative data analysis to explore different aspects of corporate environmental performance," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 413-450, January.
More about this item
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:59:y:2006:i:4:p:477-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .