What improves environmental performance? evidence from Mexican industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Afsah, Shakeb & Laplante, Benoit & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Controlling industrial pollution : a new paradigm," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1672, The World Bank.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Huq, Mainul & Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Determinants of pollution abatement in developing countries: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1891-1904, December.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Martin, Paul & Singh, Manjula & Wheeler,David R., 1995. "The industrial pollution projection system," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1431, The World Bank.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1996. "Environmental Inspections and Emissions of the Pulp and Paper Industry in Quebec," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-36, July.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Laplante, Benoit & Mamingi, Nlandu, 2001. "Pollution and Capital Markets in Developing Countries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 310-335, November.
- Magat, Wesley A & Viscusi, W Kip, 1990. "Effectiveness of the EPA's Regulatory Enforcement: The Case of Industrial Effluent Standards," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 331-360, October.
- Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Informal Regulation of Industrial Pollution in Developing Countries: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(6), pages 1314-1327, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen Blackman, 2010. "Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 234-253, Summer.
- Francesco Testa & Fabio Iraldo, 2008. "Is an Environmental Management System able to influence environmental and competitive performance? The case of the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) in the European Union," Working Papers 200704, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Kevin P. Gallagher & Francisco Aguayo & Ana Citlalic González, "undated". "01-07 "Dirt is in the Eye of the Beholder: The World Bank Air Pollution Intensities for Mexico"," GDAE Working Papers 01-07, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Blackman, Allen, 2009.
"Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries: Informal, Informational, and Voluntary,"
dp-09-10, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen, 2009. "Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries: Informal, Informational, and Voluntary," Discussion Papers dp-09-14-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Grant Ferrier, 2010. "The evolution of the environmental industry in the post-NAFTA era in Mexico," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 147-164, June.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Lucas, Robert E. B. & Wheeler, David, 1998. "Small manufacturing plants, pollution, and poverty : new evidence from Brazil and Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2029, The World Bank.
- Facundo Albornoz & Matthew A. Cole & Robert J. R. Elliott & Marco G. Ercolani, 2009. "In Search of Environmental Spillovers," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 136-163, January.
- Julie Doonan & Paul Lanoie & Benoit Laplante, 2002. "Environmental Performance of Canadian Pulp and Paper Plants: Why Some Do Well and Others Do Not?," Cahiers de recherche 02-01, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Strobl, Eric, 2008.
"The environmental performance of firms: The role of foreign ownership, training, and experience,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 538-546, April.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert R J Elliott & Eric Strobl, 2007. "The Environmental Performance of Firms: The Role of Foreign Ownership, Training, and Experience," Discussion Papers 07-08, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Blackman, Allen & Afsah, Shakeb & Ratunanda, Damayanti, 2000. "How Do Public Disclosure Pollution Control Programs Work? Evidence from Indonesia," Discussion Papers dp-00-44, Resources For the Future.
- D. Vazquez-Brust & C. Liston-Heyes & J. Plaza-Úbeda & J. Burgos-Jiménez, 2010. "Stakeholders Pressures and Strategic Prioritisation: An Empirical Analysis of Environmental Responses in Argentinean Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 171-192, February.
- Francesco Testa & Fabio Iraldo & Nick Johnstone, 2009. "Determinants and effects of green supply chain management (GSCM)," Working Papers 200903, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Dietrich Earnhart, 2009. "The influence of facility characteristics and permit conditions on the effectiveness of environmental regulatory deterrence," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 247-273, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Public Health Promotion; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Water and Industry; Environmental Governance; Water and Industry; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi) or (Pavel Petrov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .