Analyzing the environmental performance of the Brazilian industrial sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Konar, Shameek & Cohen, Mark A., 1997. "Information As Regulation: The Effect of Community Right to Know Laws on Toxic Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Informal Regulation of Industrial Pollution in Developing Countries: Evidence from Indonesia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(6), pages 1314-1327, December.
- Garvie, Devon & Keeler, Andrew, 1994.
"Incomplete enforcement with endogenous regulatory choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 141-162, September.
- Devon Garvie & Andrew Keeler, 1993. "Incomplete Enforcement with Endogenous Regulatory Choice," Working Papers 873, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Huq, Mainul & Pargal, Sheoli & Wheeler, David, 1996. "Determinants of pollution abatement in developing countries: Evidence from South and Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1891-1904, December.
- Motta, Ronaldo Ser A Da & Huber, Richard M. & Ruitenbeek, H. Jack, 1999. "Market based instruments for environmental policymaking in Latin America and the Caribbean: lessons from eleven countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 177-201, May.
- Laplante, Benoit & Rilstone, Paul, 1996. "Environmental Inspections and Emissions of the Pulp and Paper Industry in Quebec," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 19-36, July.
- Magat, Wesley A & Viscusi, W Kip, 1990. "Effectiveness of the EPA's Regulatory Enforcement: The Case of Industrial Effluent Standards," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 331-360, October.
- Blackman, Allen & Bannister, Geoffrey J., 1998. "Community Pressure and Clean Technology in the Informal Sector: An Econometric Analysis of the Adoption of Propane by Traditional Mexican Brickmakers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Deily, Mary E. & Gray, Wayne B., 1991.
"Enforcement of pollution regulations in a declining industry,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 260-274, November.
- Mary E. Deily & Wayne B. Gray, 1989. "Enforcement of pollution regulations in a declining industry," Working Paper 8912, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Harrington, Winston, 1988. "Enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 29-53, October.
- Hamilton James T., 1995. "Pollution as News: Media and Stock Market Reactions to the Toxics Release Inventory Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 98-113, January.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hettige, Hemamala & Wheeler, David, 2000. "What Improves Environmental Compliance? Evidence from Mexican Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 39-66, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allen Blackman, 2010. "Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 234-253, Summer.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Rault, Christophe & Sova, Anamaria & Sova, Robert, 2008.
"Determinants of Pollution Abatement and Control Expenditure: Evidence from Romania,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3787, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guglielmo Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2009. "Determinants Of Pollution Abatement And Control Expenditure: Evidence From Romania," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp945, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Andrea Lucchesi & Matthew A. Cole & Robert J. R. Elliot & Naercio A. Menezes-Filho, 2016. "Determinants Of Environmental Innovation In Brazilian Manufacturing Industries," Anais do XLII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 42ndd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 143, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- José Féres & Arnaud Reynaud, 2012.
"Assessing the Impact of Formal and Informal Regulations on Environmental and Economic Performance of Brazilian Manufacturing Firms,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(1), pages 65-85, May.
- Arnaud Reynaud, 2012. "Assessing the impact of formal and informal regulations on environmental and economic performance of Brazilian manufacturing firms," Working Papers 27, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- Blackman, Allen, 2009.
"Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries: Informal, Informational, and Voluntary,"
dp-09-10, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen, 2009. "Alternative Pollution Control Policies in Developing Countries: Informal, Informational, and Voluntary," Discussion Papers dp-09-14-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & Michael Margolis, 2017.
"Do industries pollute more in poorer neighborhoods? Evidence from toxic releasing plants in Mexico,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 853-870.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & José Jaime Sainz Santamaría, 2015. "Do Industries Pollute More in Poorer Neighborhoods? Evidence From Toxic Releasing Plants in Mexico," Working papers DTE 587, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Lopamudra Chakraborti & Michael Margolis & José Jaime Sainz Santamaria, 2016. "Do industries pollute more in poorer neighborhoods? Evidence from toxic releasing plants in Mexico," Working papers DTE 597, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Luken, Ralph & Van Rompaey, Frank & Zigová, Katarina, 2008. "The determinants of EST adoption by manufacturing plants in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 141-152, May.
- Markus Kitzmueller & Jay Shimshack, 2012. "Economic Perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 51-84, March.
- Sova, Robert & Stancu, Ion & Sova, Anamaria & Fratila, Lauretiu & Sava, Valentin, 2009. "Framework for understanding environmental policy in Romania," MPRA Paper 20630, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Rault, Christophe & Sova, Robert & Sova, Anamaria, 2010.
"Pollution Abatement and Control Expenditure in Romania: A Multilevel Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5041, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guglielmo Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2010. "Pollution Abatement And Control Expenditure In Romania: A Multilevel Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp994, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Patricia S. Sánchez-Medina & Jack Corbett & Arcelia Toledo-López, 2011. "Environmental Innovation and Sustainability in Small Handicraft Businesses in Mexico," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(7), pages 1-19, July.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J.R. & Okubo, Toshihiro & Zhou, Ying, 2013.
"The carbon dioxide emissions of firms: A spatial analysis,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 290-309.
- Matthew A. Cole & Robert J R Elliott & Toshihiro Okubo & Ying Zhou, 2012. "The Carbon Dioxide Emissions of Firms: A Spatial Analysis," Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Discussion Paper Series 2012-003, Keio/Kyoto Joint Global COE Program.
- Singh, Neelam & Jain, Suresh & Sharma, Prateek, 2015. "Motivations for implementing environmental management practices in Indian industries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1-8.
- Peng, Fei & Huang, Wei & Kang, Lili, 2015. "Open Economy, Global Value Chain and Corporate Social Responsibility in China," MPRA Paper 64612, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2013. "Strategic Environmental Assessment for Industry Sector Himachal Pradesh, India," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21822, The World Bank.
- Robert Sova & Christophe Rault & Guglielmo Caporale & Anamaria Sova, 2014. "Improving Environmental Performance: A Challenge for Romania," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(3), pages 431-452, March.
- del Río González, Pablo, 2009. "The empirical analysis of the determinants for environmental technological change: A research agenda," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 861-878, January.
- Claudia Poser & Edeltraud Guenther & Marc Orlitzky, 2012. "Shades of green: using computer-aided qualitative data analysis to explore different aspects of corporate environmental performance," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 413-450, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:57:y:2006:i:2:p:269-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.