Information As Regulation: The Effect of Community Right to Know Laws on Toxic Emissions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohen, Mark A, 1987. "Optimal Enforcement Strategy to Prevent Oil Spills: An Application of a Principal-Agent Model with Moral Hazard," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 23-51, April.
- Arora Seema & Cason Timothy N., 1995. "An Experiment in Voluntary Environmental Regulation: Participation in EPA's 33/50 Program," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 271-286, May.
- Kennedy Peter W. & Laplante Benoit & Maxwell John, 1994. "Pollution Policy: the Role for Publicly Provided Information," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 31-43, January.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. "Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Arora, Seema & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 1995. "Toward a theoretical model of voluntary overcompliance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 289-309, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Maneenop, Sakkakom & Kotcharin, Suntichai, 2020. "The impacts of COVID-19 on the global airline industry: An event study approach," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 89(C).
- AitSahlia, Farid & Yoon, Joon-Hui, 2016. "Information stages in efficient markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 84-94.
- Rommel, J. & Neuenfeldt, S. & Odening, M., 2010. "Markteffekte medienwirksamer Lebensmittelskandale – eine Ergebnisstudie," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 45, March.
- Truzaar Dordi & Olaf Weber, 2019. "The Impact of Divestment Announcements on the Share Price of Fossil Fuel Stocks," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, June.
- Charles O. Manasseh & Chukwuka Kenneth Ozuzu & Jonathan E. Ogbuabor, 2016. "Semi Strong Form Efficiency Test of the Nigerian Stock Market: Evidence from Event Study Analysis of Bonus Issues," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1474-1490.
- Wisniewski, Tomasz P. & Bohl, Martin T., 2005. "The Information Content of Registered Insider Trading Under Lax Law Enforcement," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 169-185, June.
- Stehle, Richard & Seifert, Udo, 2003. "Stock Performance around Share Repurchase Announcements in Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,48, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Amarnath Ananthanarayanan, 1998. "Is There A Green Link A Panel Data Value Event Study Of The Relationship Between Capital Markets And Toxic Releases," Departmental Working Papers 199818, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Alina Sorescu & Nooshin L. Warren & Larisa Ertekin, 2017. "Event study methodology in the marketing literature: an overview," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 186-207, March.
- Daniel Martin Katz & Michael J Bommarito II & Tyler Soellinger & James Ming Chen, 2015. "Law on the Market? Abnormal Stock Returns and Supreme Court Decision-Making," Papers 1508.05751, arXiv.org, revised May 2017.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv & O'Leary, Daniel E., 2011. "Event study methodologies in information systems research," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 99-115.
- Nihat Aktas & Eric de Bodt & Laurent Liagre, 2006. "Le décollage d'EADS:le point de vue des marchés financiers," Revue Finance ContrÃ´le StratÃ©gie, revues.org, vol. 9(1), pages 5-34, March.
- Burcu Sezen & Dominique Hanssens, 2023. "Financial returns to corporate brand extensions: does typicality matter?," Journal of Marketing Analytics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(3), pages 287-296, September.
- Carlo Rosa & Giovanni Verga, 2006.
"The Impact of Central Bank Announcements on Asset Prices in Real Time: Testing the Efficiency of the Euribor Futures Market,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0764, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rosa, Carlo & Verga, Giovanni, 2006. "The impact of central bank announcements on asset prices in real time: testing the efficiency of the Euribor futures market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19777, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas Delcey, 2019. "Samuelson vs Fama on the Efficient Market Hypothesis: The Point of View of Expertise [Samuelson vs Fama sur l’efficience informationnelle des marchés financiers : le point de vue de l’expertise]," Post-Print hal-01618347, HAL.
- Marcos Albuquerque Junior & José António Filipe & Paulo de Melo Jorge Neto & Cristiano da Silva, 2021. "The Study of Events Approach Applied to the Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Performance of Consulting Engineering Companies," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-20, January.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Shu-Han Hsu & Michael McAleer, 2018. "An Event Study Analysis of Political Events, Disasters, and Accidents for Chinese Tourists to Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-77, November.
- Edward Jones & Jonathan Crook, 2009. "Wealth effects to bidding companies from regulatory interventions in the UK," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(8), pages 625-634.
- Srikanth Parthasarathy, 2010. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with Index Additions: Evidence from the Indian Stock Market," Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 5580-5580, December.
- Gok, Ibrahim Yasar & Demirdogen, Yavuz & Topuz, Sefa, 2020. "The impacts of terrorism on Turkish equity market: An investigation using intraday data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 540(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:32:y:1997:i:1:p:109-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.