Economic Growth and the Environment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Michael Greenstone & Rema Hanna, 2014.
"Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 3038-3072, October.
- Michael Greenstone & Rema Hanna, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," NBER Working Papers 17210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Greenstone & Rema Hanna, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," CID Working Papers 224, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Greenstone, Michael & Hanna, Rema, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," Working Paper Series rwp11-034, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rema Hanna & Michael Greenstone, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," Working Papers id:4309, eSocialSciences.
- Michael Greenstone & Rema Hanna, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," Working Papers 1114, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Hanna, Rema N. & Greenstone, Michael, 2011. "Environmental Regulations, Air and Water Pollution, and Infant Mortality in India," Scholarly Articles 5131505, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Berna Kirkulak & Bin Qiu & Wei Yin, 2011. "The impact of FDI on air quality: evidence from China," Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 81-98, June.
- Nasreen, Samia & Anwar, Sofia & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2017. "Financial stability, energy consumption and environmental quality: Evidence from South Asian economies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 1105-1122.
- Khan, Syed Abdul Rehman & Zaman, Khalid & Zhang, Yu, 2016. "The relationship between energy-resource depletion, climate change, health resources and the environmental Kuznets curve: Evidence from the panel of selected developed countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 468-477.
- Opschoor, J. (Hans) B., 1995. "Ecospace and the fall and rise of throughput intensity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 137-140, November.
- Song, Tao & Zheng, Tingguo & Tong, Lianjun, 2008. "An empirical test of the environmental Kuznets curve in China: A panel cointegration approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 381-392, September.
- Giedrė Lapinskienė & Kęstutis Peleckis & Neringa Slavinskaitė, 2017. "Energy consumption, economic growth and greenhouse gas emissions in the European Union countries," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 1082-1097, November.
- Nicole Grunewald & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2009.
"Driving Factors of Carbon Dioxide Emissions and the Impact from Kyoto Protocol,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
190, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Nicole Grunewald & Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2009. "Driving Factors of Carbon Dioxide Emissions and the Impact from Kyoto Protocol," CESifo Working Paper Series 2758, CESifo.
- Bradford David F. & Fender Rebecca A & Shore Stephen H. & Wagner Martin, 2005.
"The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Exploring a Fresh Specification,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-30, June.
- David F. Bradford & Rebecca Schlieckert & Stephen H. Shore, 2000. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Exploring A Fresh Specification," NBER Working Papers 8001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Bradford & Rebecca Schlieckert & Stephen H. Shore, 2000. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Exploring a Fresh Specification," CESifo Working Paper Series 367, CESifo.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K. V. Bhanu, 2003. "An inverse global environmental Kuznets curve," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 352-368, June.
- Sebri, Maamar, 2009. "La Zone Méditerranéenne Face à la Pollution de L’air : Une Investigation Econométrique [The Mediterranean Zone in front of Air pollution: an Econometric Investigation]," MPRA Paper 32382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Perry Sadorsky, 2018.
"How strong is the causal relationship between globalization and energy consumption in developed economies? A country-specific time-series and panel analysis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(13), pages 1479-1494, March.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar & Sadorsky, Perry, 2017. "How Strong is the Causal Relationship between Globalization and Energy Consumption in Developed Economies? A Country-Specific Time-Series and Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 80718, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2017.
- Daniel Fiorino, 2011. "Explaining national environmental performance: approaches, evidence, and implications," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 44(4), pages 367-389, November.
- Ilpo Kojola & Ville Hallikainen & Timo Helle & Jon E Swenson, 2018. "Can only poorer European countries afford large carnivores?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(4), pages 1-9, April.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Montini, Anna & Zoboli, Roberto, 2006.
"Municipal Waste Production, Economic Drivers, and 'New' Waste Policies: EKC Evidence from Italian Regional and Provincial Panel Data,"
Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers
12053, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Anna Montini & Roberto Zoboli, 2006. "Municipal Waste Production, Economic Drivers, and ‘New’ Waste Policies: EKC Evidence from Italian Regional and Provincial Panel Data," Working Papers 2006.155, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Saidi Kais & Ben Mbarek Mounir, 2017. "Causal interactions between environmental degradation, renewable energy, nuclear energy and real GDP: a dynamic panel data approach," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 51-67, March.
- Anastasios Xepapadeas & Esma Amri, 1998. "Some Empirical Indications of the Relationship Between Environmental Quality and Economic Development," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(1), pages 93-106, January.
- Evangelos V. Dioikitopoulos & Sugata Ghosh & Eugenia Vella, 2016. "Technological Progress, Time Perception and Environmental Sustainability," Working Papers 2016002, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Lange, Steffen & Pohl, Johanna & Santarius, Tilman, 2020. "Digitalization and energy consumption. Does ICT reduce energy demand?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Angelina A. Kolomeytseva, 2020. "Greening of the Manufacturing Industry in the Eurasian Economic Union," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 95-101.
More about this item
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.