Scope and limits of the market mechanism in environmental management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, Vivien & Hahn, Robert W, 1995. "Designing More Efficient Markets: Lessons from Los Angeles Smog Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(1), pages 19-48, April.
- Swierzbinski Joseph E., 1994. "Guilty until Proven Innocent-Regulation with Costly and Limited Enforcement," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 127-146, September.
- Gruenspecht, Howard K. & Lave, Lester B., 1989. "The economics of health, safety, and environmental regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 26, pages 1507-1550 Elsevier.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521311120, April.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 675-740, June.
- Bohm, Peter & Russell, Clifford S., 1985. "Comparative analysis of alternative policy instruments," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 395-460 Elsevier.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, April.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Meintrup & Chang Woon Nam, 2009.
"Shadow market area for air pollutants,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(4), pages 664-681, July.
- Ackerman, Frank & Gallagher, Kevin P., 2000. "Getting the Prices Wrong: The Limits of Market-Based Environmental Policy," Working Papers 15593, Tufts University, Global Development and Environment Institute.
- Farley, Josh & Aquino, André & Daniels, Amy & Moulaert, Azur & Lee, Dan & Krause, Abby, 2010. "Global mechanisms for sustaining and enhancing PES schemes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2075-2084, September.
- S. Eriksen & P. Kelly, 2007. "Developing Credible Vulnerability Indicators for Climate Adaptation Policy Assessment," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 495-524, May.
- Frank Ackerman & Kevin Gallagher, "undated". "00-05 "Getting the Prices Wrong: The Limits of Market-Based Environmental Policy."," GDAE Working Papers 00-05, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Málovics, György & Csigéné, Noémi Nagypál & Kraus, Sascha, 2008. "The role of corporate social responsibility in strong sustainability," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 907-918, June.
- Santos, Rui & Antunes, Paula & Baptista, Gualter & Mateus, Pedro & Madruga, Luisa, 2006. "Stakeholder participation in the design of environmental policy mixes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 100-110, November.
- Kroeger, Timm & Casey, Frank, 2007. "An assessment of market-based approaches to providing ecosystem services on agricultural lands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 321-332, December.
- Flores Tenorio, Pedro, 2017. "A choice modelling experiment to explore the opportunities to invest in biodiversity conservation in the Amazon," 2017 Conference (61st), February 7-10, 2017, Brisbane, Australia 258666, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Wernstedt, Kris & Hersh, Robert, 2003. "Brownfields Redevelopment in Wisconsin: Program, Citywide, and Site-Level Studies," Discussion Papers 10547, Resources for the Future.
- Solomon, Barry D., 1999. "New directions in emissions trading: the potential contribution of new institutional economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 371-387, September.
- Wernstedt, Kris & Hersh, Robert, 2003. "Brownfields Redevelopment in Wisconsin: Program, Citywide, and Site-Level Studies," Discussion Papers dp-03-53, Resources For the Future.
- Olerup, Brita, 2002. "Mitigating global warming: traditional versus alternative approaches in a planning versus a market context," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 709-716, June.
- Paragahawewa, Upananda Herath, 2006. "Market-Based Approaches to Pollution Control in the Lake Taupo Catchment in New Zealand," 2006 Conference, August 24-25, 2006, Nelson, New Zealand 31975, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Imreh-Tóth, Mónika, 2014. "How We Forgot Natural Capital And How It Has Been Foregrounded Again By Analysing Through Ecological Footprint," Journal of Central European Green Innovation, Karoly Robert University College, vol. 2(1), pages 1-13.
- Frank Ackerman & Kevin Gallagher, 2001. "Getting the Prices Wrong: The Limits of Market-Based Environmental Policy," Development and Comp Systems 0106005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bajmócy, Zoltán & Málovics, György, 2009.
"A fenntarthatóság közgazdaságtani értelmezései
[Economic interpretations of sustainability]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(5), pages 464-483.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:9:y:2014:i:c:p:106-114 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:24:y:1998:i:2-3:p:259-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.