The Zero-Inflated ordered probit approach to modelling sports participation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Simona Rasciute & Paul Downward, 2010. "Health or Happiness? What Is the Impact of Physical Activity on the Individual?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 256-270, May.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2007. "Participation In Physical Activity And Government Spending On Parks And Recreation," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 538-552, October.
- Berger, Ida E. & O'Reilly, Norman & Parent, Milena M. & Séguin, Benoit & Hernandez, Tony, 2008. "Determinants of Sport Participation Among Canadian Adolescents," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 277-307, November.
- Paul Downward & Joseph Riordan, 2007. "Social Interactions And The Demand For Sport: An Economic Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 518-537, October.
- Marc Lavoie, 1994. "A Post Keynesian Approach to Consumer Choice," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 539-562, July.
- Lisa Farrell & Michael A. Shields, 2002. "Investigating the economic and demographic determinants of sporting participation in England," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 165(2), pages 335-348.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2015.
"The Economic Choice of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity and Sport in Canada,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 10(2), pages 138-159, May.
- Humphreys, Brad & Ruseski, Jane, 2010. "The Economic Choice of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity and Sport in Canada," Working Papers 2010-14, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Eberth, Barbara & Smith, Murray D., 2010. "Modelling the participation decision and duration of sporting activity in Scotland," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 822-834, July.
- Jamie Spinney & Hugh Millward, 2010. "Time and Money: A New Look at Poverty and the Barriers to Physical Activity in Canada," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 341-356, November.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2006.
"Economic Determinants of Participation in Physical Activity and Sport,"
IASE Conference Papers
0619, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2006. "Economic Determinants of Participation in Physical Activity and Sport," Working Papers 0613, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Green, Mick & Collins, Shane, 2008. "Policy, Politics and Path Dependency: Sport Development in Australia and Finland," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 225-251, November.
- Harris, Mark N. & Zhao, Xueyan, 2007. "A zero-inflated ordered probit model, with an application to modelling tobacco consumption," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1073-1099, December.
- Lechner, Michael, 2009. "Long-run labour market and health effects of individual sports activities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 839-854, July.
- Paul Downward, 2007. "Exploring the Economic Choice to Participate in Sport: Results from the 2002 General Household Survey," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 633-653.
- Paul Downward, 2004. "On leisure demand: a Post Keynesian critique of neoclassical theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 371-394.
- Paul Downward & Simona Rasciute, 2011. "Does sport make you happy? An analysis of the well-being derived from sports participation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 331-348.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jane E. Ruseski & Katerina Maresova, 2014. "Economic Freedom, Sport Policy, And Individual Participation In Physical Activity: An International Comparison," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 42-55, January.
- Humphreys, Brad & Maresova, Katerina & Ruseski, Jane, 2012. "Institutional Factors, Sport Policy, and Individual Sport Participation: An International Comparison," Working Papers 2012-1, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Norwood, Patricia & Eberth, Barbara & Farrar, Shelley & Anable, Jillian & Ludbrook, Anne, 2014. "Active travel intervention and physical activity behaviour: An evaluation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 50-58.
- Muñiz, Cristina & Rodríguez, Plácido & Suárez, María J., 2014. "Sports and cultural habits by gender: An application using count data models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 288-297.
- Chinh Ho & Corinne Mulley & Chi-Hong Tsai & Stephen Ison & Sue Wiblin, 2017. "Area-wide travel plans—targeting strategies for greater participation in green travel initiatives: a case study of Rouse Hill Town Centre, NSW Australia," Transportation, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 325-352, March.
- Jiang, Yuan & Kim, Hyeyoung & House, Lisa & Percival, Susan S., 2016. "Zero inflated ordered probit approach to modeling mushroom consumption in the US," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236007, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lera-López, Fernando & Suárez, María José, 2012. "Deporte activo y pasivo: ¿Una relación de conveniencia?/Active and Passive Sport: Is it a Marriage of Convenience?," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 489-512, Agosto.
More about this item
KeywordsSports participation; Zero-Inflated Ordered Probit model;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D19 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:28:y:2011:i:6:p:2469-2477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.