Analyzing the impact of sport infrastructure on sport participation using geo-coded data: Evidence from multi-level models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simona Rasciute & Paul Downward, 2010. "Health or Happiness? What Is the Impact of Physical Activity on the Individual?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 256-270, May.
- Christoph Breuer, 2006. "Sportpartizipation in Deutschland: ein demo-ökonomisches Modell," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 575, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Berger, Ida E. & O'Reilly, Norman & Parent, Milena M. & Séguin, Benoit & Hernandez, Tony, 2008. "Determinants of Sport Participation Among Canadian Adolescents," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 277-307, November.
- Lisa Farrell & Michael A. Shields, 2002. "Investigating the economic and demographic determinants of sporting participation in England," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 165(2), pages 335-348.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2015.
"The Economic Choice of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity and Sport in Canada,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 10(2), pages 138-159, May.
- Humphreys, Brad & Ruseski, Jane, 2010. "The Economic Choice of Participation and Time Spent in Physical Activity and Sport in Canada," Working Papers 2010-14, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- van Lenthe, F. J. & Brug, J. & Mackenbach, J. P., 2005. "Neighbourhood inequalities in physical inactivity: the role of neighbourhood attractiveness, proximity to local facilities and safety in the Netherlands," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 763-775, February.
- Paul Downward, 2007. "Exploring the Economic Choice to Participate in Sport: Results from the 2002 General Household Survey," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 633-653.
- Nazmi Sari, 2009. "Physical inactivity and its impact on healthcare utilization," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 885-901.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Jane E. Ruseski, 2007. "Participation In Physical Activity And Government Spending On Parks And Recreation," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 538-552, October.
- Paul Downward & Joseph Riordan, 2007. "Social Interactions And The Demand For Sport: An Economic Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 518-537, October.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Wicker, Pamela & Breuer, Christoph & Pawlowski, Tim, 2010. "Are sports club members big spenders?: Findings from sport specific analyses in Germany," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 214-224, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hallmann, Kirstin, 2015. "Modelling the decision to volunteer in organised sports," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 448-463.
- Vörös, Tünde, 2017.
"Költség-haszon elemzési keretrendszer sportberuházások társadalmi-gazdasági értékeléséhez
[An economic framework for cost-benefit analysis of sports facilities]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 394-420.
- Cabane Charlotte & Lechner Michael, 2015.
"Physical Activity of Adults: A Survey of Correlates, Determinants, and Effects,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 235(4-5), pages 376-402, August.
- Cabane, Charlotte & Lechner, Michael, 2014. "Physical activity of adults: A survey of correlates, determinants, and effects," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-088, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Cabane, Charlotte & Lechner, Michael, 2014. "Physical activity of adults: A survey of correlates, determinants, and effects," Economics Working Paper Series 1428, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, revised May 2015.
- Wicker, Pamela & Breuer, Christoph, 2014. "Exploring the organizational capacity and organizational problems of disability sport clubs in Germany using matched pairs analysis," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 23-34.
- Jane E. Ruseski & Katerina Maresova, 2014. "Economic Freedom, Sport Policy, And Individual Participation In Physical Activity: An International Comparison," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 42-55, January.
- O’Reilly, Norm & Berger, Ida E. & Hernandez, Tony & Parent, Milena M. & Séguin, Benoit, 2015. "Urban sportscapes: An environmental deterministic perspective on the management of youth sport participation," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 291-307.
- Matt Andrews & Stuart Russell & Douglas Barrios, 2016. "Governance and the Challenge of Development Through Sports: A Framework for Action," CID Working Papers 323, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Sotiriadou, Popi & Wicker, Pamela, 2014. "Examining the participation patterns of an ageing population with disabilities in Australia," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 35-48.
More about this item
KeywordsSport activity; Sport facilities; Gauss–Krueger coordinates; Hierarchical model; Multi-level analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:16:y:2013:i:1:p:54-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .