How Could the South Respond to Secular Stagnation in the North?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mayer, Joerg, 2015. "How could the South respond to secular stagnation in the North?," MPRA Paper 62113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- J.-C. Moreno-Brid, 1998.
"Balance-of-payments constrained economic growth: the case of Mexico,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 413-433.
- J.-C. Moreno-Brid, 1998. "Balance-of-payments constrained economic growth: the case of Mexico," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 413-433.
- Stephen J. Redding, 2011.
"Theories of Heterogeneous Firms and Trade,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 77-105, September.
- Redding, Stephen J., 2010. "Theories of Heterogeneous Firms and Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 7961, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Redding, Stephen, 2010. "Theories of heterogeneous firms and trade," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 48908, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen J. Redding, 2010. "Theories of Heterogeneous Firms and Trade," NBER Working Papers 16562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Redding, 2010. "Theories of Heterogeneous Firms and Trade," CEP Discussion Papers dp0994, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Joanna Chataway & Rebecca Hanlin & Raphael Kaplinsky, 2014. "Inclusive innovation: an architecture for policy development," Innovation and Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 33-54, April.
- Kalina Manova & Zhiwei Zhang, 2012. "Export Prices Across Firms and Destinations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 379-436.
- Lewis, W Arthur, 1980. "The Slowing Down of the Engine of Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 555-564, September.
- Raphael Rocha Gouvea & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2010.
"Structural change, balance-of-payments constraint, and economic growth: evidence from the multisectoral Thirlwall's law,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 169-204, October.
- Raphael Rocha Gouvêa & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2011. "Structural Change,Balance-of-Payments Constraint and Economic Growth: Evidence from the Multi-Sectoral Thirlwall’s Law," Anais do XXXVII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 37th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 74, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Joachim Wagner, 2012.
"International trade and firm performance: a survey of empirical studies since 2006,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(2), pages 235-267, June.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2011. "International Trade and Firm Performance: A Survey of Empirical Studies since 2006," IZA Discussion Papers 5916, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2011. "International Trade and Firm Performance: A Survey of Empirical Studies since 2006," Working Paper Series in Economics 210, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Arslan Razmi, 2011. "Exploring the robustness of the balance of payments-constrained growth idea in a multiple good framework," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 545-567.
- Jörg Mayer, 2013. "Towards More Balanced Growth Strategies In Developing Countries: Issues Related To Market Size, Trade Balances And Purchasing Power," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 214, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- repec:mes:postke:v:21:y:1998:i:2:p:283-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, May.
- Jan KREGEL, 2004. "External Financing For Development And International Financial Instability," G-24 Discussion Papers 32, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- George A. Akerlof & Olivier Blanchard & David Romer & Joseph E. Stiglitz (ed.), 2014. "What Have We Learned? Macroeconomic Policy After the Crisis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262027348, March.
- Lawrence Edwards & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2013. "Rising Tide: Is Growth in Emerging Economies Good for the United States?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 5003.
- Jörg MAYER, 2013. "Responding to the Changing Shape of the World Economy: Consumer-Spending and Export Developments in Turkey in a Comparative Perspective," Ekonomik Yaklasim, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association, vol. 24(86), pages 1-28.
- Riedel, James, 1984. "Trade as the Engine of Growth in Developing Countries, Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 56-73, March.
- Jimenez, Gonzalo Hernandez & Razmi, Arslan, 2013. "Can Asia sustain an export-led growth strategy in the aftermath of the global crisis? Exploring a neglected aspect," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 45-61.
- Olivier Blanchard & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Paolo Mauro, 2014. "Introduction: Rethinking Macro Policy II--Getting Granular," MIT Press Book Chapters,in: What Have We Learned? Macroeconomic Policy After the Crisis, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 1-28 The MIT Press.
- Jörg Mayer, 2002.
"The Fallacy of Composition: A Review of the Literature,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(6), pages 875-894, June.
- Jörg Mayer, 2003. "The Fallacy Of Composition: A Review Of The Literature," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 166, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1970. "The Case for Regional Policies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 337-348, November.
- Romain Ranciere & Nathaniel A. Throckmorton & Michael Kumhof & Claire Lebarz & Alexander W. Richter, 2012. "Income Inequality and Current Account Imbalances," IMF Working Papers 12/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Sandile Hlatshwayo & Michael Spence, 2014. "Demand and Defective Growth Patterns: The Role of the Tradable and Non-tradable Sectors in an Open Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 272-277, May.
- Gadi Barlevy, 2007. "On the Cyclicality of Research and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(4), pages 1131-1164, September.
- Johnson, Robert C. & Noguera, Guillermo, 2012. "Accounting for intermediates: Production sharing and trade in value added," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 224-236.
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, July.
- Richard C. Koo, 2013. "Balance sheet recession as the â€˜other halfâ€™ of macroeconomics," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 136-157.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivia Serdeczny & Eleanor Waters & Sander Chan, 2016. "Non-economic loss and damage in the context of climate change: understanding the challenges," DIE Discussion Paper Series 03/16, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Adrian Wood, 2017. "Variation in structural change around the world, 1985–2015: Patterns, causes and implications," WIDER Working Paper Series 034a, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:2:p:314-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.