Slovak economic growth and the consistency of the balance-of-payments constraint approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho, 2001.
"The balance-of-payments constraint:from balanced trade to sustainable debt,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(219), pages 381-400.
- Nelson H. Barbosa-Filho, 2001. "The balance-of-payments constraint:from balanced trade to sustainable debt," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 54(219), pages 381-400.
- Nelson H. Barbosa Filho, 2002. "The Balance-of-payments Constraint: From Balanced Trade to Sustainable Debt," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2001-06, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- H. Sonmez Atesoglu, 1993. "Balance-of-Payments-Constrained Growth: Evidence from the United States," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 507-514, July.
- Elias Soukiazis & Micaela Antunes, 2011. "Application of the balance-of-payments-constrained growth model to Portugal, 1965-2008," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 353-380.
- Thirlwall, Anthony P & Hussain, Mohammed Nureldin, 1982. "The Balance of Payments Constraint, Capital Flows and Growth Rate Differences between Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 498-510, November.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2009. "Long-Run Growth in Open Economies: Export-Led Cumulative Causation or a Balance-of-Payments Constraint?," Working Papers 2009-23, American University, Department of Economics.
- H. Sonmez Atesoglu, 1995. "An explanation of the slowdown in US economic growth," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 91-94.
- repec:pje:journl:article1982sumv is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "On Capital Flows and the Balance-of-Payments-Constrained Growth Model," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 21(2), pages 283-298, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Leško & Elias Soukiazis & Eva Muchova, 2016. "Are the transition economies balance-of-payments constrained? An aggregate and multi-sector approach applied to Central and Eastern Europe," GEMF Working Papers 2016-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Elias Soukiazis & Eva Muchova & Pedro A. Cerqueira, 2014. "Is the Slovak Economy Doing Well? A Twin Deficit Growth Approach," GEMF Working Papers 2014-08, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Soukiazis, Soukiazis & Antunes, Micaela & Stoian, Andreea, 2015. "The effects of internal and external imbalances on Romanian’s economic growth," MPRA Paper 63558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elena Spasova, 2016. "Balance-of-payments constraints on Bulgarian economic growth," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 90-108.
More about this item
Keywordsbalance-of-payments equilibrium growth rate; price and income elasticities of foreign trade; 2SLS regressions.;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gmf:wpaper:2012-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Seiça). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebucpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.