Interest Rate Sensitivity of Spanish Industries: A Quantile Regression Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mojisola Olugbode & Ahmed El-Masry & John Pointon, 2014. "Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Exposure of UK Industries Using First-order Autoregressive Exponential GARCH-in-mean (EGARCH-M) Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(4), pages 409-464, July.
- Baur, Dirk G. & Dimpfl, Thomas & Jung, Robert C., 2012.
"Stock return autocorrelations revisited: A quantile regression approach,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 254-265.
- Baur, Dirk G. & Dimpfl, Thomas & Jung, Robert C., 2012. "Stock return autocorrelations revisited: A quantile regression approach," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 24, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1997.
"Derivatives, Portfolio Composition, and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 243-266, October.
- Beverly J. Hirtle, 1996. "Derivatives, Portfolio Composition and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gebka, Bartosz & Wohar, Mark E., 2013. "Causality between trading volume and returns: Evidence from quantile regressions," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 144-159.
- Stone, Bernell K., 1974. "Systematic Interest-Rate Risk in a Two-Index Model of Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(05), pages 709-721, November.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Kurmann, Philipp, 2014. "Bank risk factors and changing risk exposures: Capital market evidence before and during the financial crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 151-166.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2015.
"Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the Great Recession and the European sovereign debt crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 164-172.
- Jorge A Chan-Lau & Estelle X Liu & Jochen M. Schmittmann, 2012. "Equity Returns in the Banking Sector in the Wake of the Great Recession and the European Sovereign Debt Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Chan-Lau, Jorge A. & Liu, Estelle X. & Schmittmann, Jochen M., 2013. "Equity returns in the banking sector in the wake of the great recession and the European sovereign debt crisis," Discussion Papers 32/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Len Umantsev & Victor Chernozhukov, 2001. "Conditional value-at-risk: Aspects of modeling and estimation," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 271-292.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Zheng, Dazhi, 2010. "An empirical analysis of herd behavior in global stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1911-1921, August.
- Lynge, Morgan J. & Zumwalt, J. Kenton, 1980. "An Empirical Study of the Interest Rate Sensitivity of Commercial Bank Returns: A Multi-Index Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 731-742, September.
- Hsin-Yi Lin, 2013. "Dynamic Stock Return–Volume Relation: Evidence From Emerging Asian Markets," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 178-193, April.
- Ding Du & Pin Ng & Xiaobing Zhao, 2013. "Measuring currency exposure with quantile regression," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 549-566, October.
- Rubia, Antonio & Sanchis-Marco, Lidia, 2013. "On downside risk predictability through liquidity and trading activity: A dynamic quantile approach," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 202-219.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Prasad, Anita Mehra & Rajan, Murli, 1995. "The role of exchange and interest risk in equity valuation: A comparative study of international stock markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 457-472, December.
- J.A.F. Machado & P.M.D.C Parente & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2011. "QREG2: Stata module to perform quantile regression with robust and clustered standard errors," Statistical Software Components S457369, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Jun 2017.
- Arouri Mohamed, 2012. "Stock Returns And Oil Price Changes In Europe: A Sector Analysis," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 80(2), pages 237-261, March.
- Peng Huang & C. James Hueng, 2009. "Interest-rate risk factor and stock returns: a time-varying factor-loadings model," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(22), pages 1813-1824.
- Söhnke Bartram, 2002.
"The Interest Rate Exposure of Nonfinancial Corporations,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 6(1), pages 101-125.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2001. "The Interest Rate Exposure of Nonfinancial Corporations," Finance 0112002, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 May 2002.
- Robert F. Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2004.
"CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 22, pages 367-381, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Manganelli, Simone, 1999. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06m3d6nv, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert Engle & Simone Manganelli, 2000. "CAViaR: Conditional Autoregressive Value at Risk by Regression Quantiles," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0841, Econometric Society.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal, 1998. "Sensitivity of the bank stock returns distribution to changes in the level and volatility of interest rate: A GARCH-M model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 535-563, May.
- Chuang, Chia-Chang & Kuan, Chung-Ming & Lin, Hsin-Yi, 2009.
"Causality in quantiles and dynamic stock return-volume relations,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1351-1360, July.
- Chia-Chang Chuang & Chung-Ming Kuan & Hsin-yi Lin, 2007. "Causality in Quantiles and Dynamic Stock Return-Volume Relations," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 07-A006, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Michelle L. Barnes & Anthony W. Hughes, 2002. "A quantile regression analysis of the cross section of stock market returns," Working Papers 02-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- David E. Allen & Abhay Kumar Singh & Robert Powell, 2013. "Analysing the return distributions of Australian stocks: the CAPM, factor models and quantile regressions," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(1), pages 88-109.
- Shamsuddin, Abul, 2014. "Are Dow Jones Islamic equity indices exposed to interest rate risk?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 273-281.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon M., 2009. "No Place To Hide: The Global Crisis in Equity Markets in 2008/09," MPRA Paper 15955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sweeney, Richard J & Warga, Arthur D, 1986. " The Pricing of Interest-Rate Risk: Evidence from the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(2), pages 393-410, June.
- Roger Koenker & Zhijie Xiao, 2002. "Inference on the Quantile Regression Process," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1583-1612, July.
- Meligkotsidou, Loukia & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Vrontos, Spyridon D., 2009. "Quantile regression analysis of hedge fund strategies," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 264-279, March.
- Thanaset Chevapatrakul & Juan Paez-Farrell, 2014. "Monetary Policy Reaction Functions in Small Open Economies: a Quantile Regression Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 82(2), pages 237-256, March.
- Gilbert W. Bassett Jr. & Hsiu-Lang Chen, 2001. "Portfolio style: Return-based attribution using quantile regression," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 293-305.
- Bartram, Söhnke M. & Bodnar, Gordon M., 2009. "No place to hide: The global crisis in equity markets in 2008/2009," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1246-1292, December.
- Román Ferrer & Cristóbal González & Gloria M. Soto, 2010. "Linear and nonlinear interest rate exposure in Spain," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(5), pages 431-451, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eaa:aeinde:v:18:y:2018:i:1_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eaa:aeinde:v:17:y:2017:i:2_5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:2:p:212-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/semanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.