Regional Knowledge Performance in Europe
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Eric C. & Huang, Weichiao, 2007. "Relative efficiency of R&D activities: A cross-country study accounting for environmental factors in the DEA approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 260-273, March.
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Jiménez-Sáez, Fernando & Zabala-Iturriagagoitia, Jon Mikel & Zofío, José L. & Castro-Martínez, Elena, 2011. "Evaluating research efficiency within National R&D Programmes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 230-241, March.
- Michael C Burda & Battista Severgnini, 2009. "TFP Growth in Old and New Europe," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 51(4), pages 447-466, December.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:spr:scient:v:76:y:2008:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-007-1896-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Usai, 2011. "The Geography of Inventive Activity in OECD Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 711-731.
- Anders Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "The elusive concept of localization economies: towards a knowledge-based theory of spatial clustering," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 429-449, March.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 17-45
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1979. "Issues in Assessing the Contribution of Research and Development to Productivity Growth," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 92-116, Spring.
- Joaquín M Azagra Caro & Ignacio Fernández de Lucio & Antonio Gutiérrez Gracia, 2003. "University patents: output and input indicators … of what?," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 5-16, April.
- A. Peyrache & Andrea Filippetti, 2012. "Labour productivity and technology gap in European regions: A non-parametric approach," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022012, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Kerstin Enflo & Per Hjertstrand, 2009.
"Relative Sources of European Regional Productivity Convergence: A Bootstrap Frontier Approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 643-659.
- Enflo, Kerstin & Hjertstrand, Per, 2006. "Relative sources of European regional productivity convergence: A bootstrap frontier approach," Working Papers 2006:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Brülhart, Marius & Mathys, Nicole A., 2008.
"Sectoral agglomeration economies in a panel of European regions,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 348-362, July.
- Marius BRÜLHART & Nicole A. MATHYS, 2007. "Sectoral Agglomeration Economies in a Panel of European Regions," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 07.04, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Brülhart, Marius & Mathys, Nicole Andréa, 2007. "Sectoral Agglomeration Economies in a Panel of European Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6410, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil Foster & Robert Stehrer, 2009.
"Sectoral Productivity, Density and Agglomeration in the Wider Europe,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 427-446.
- Neil Foster-McGregor & Robert Stehrer, 2008. "Sectoral Productivity, Density and Agglomeration in the Wider Europe," wiiw Working Papers 47, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- A. Colombelli & M. Foddi & R. Paci, 2011. "The knowledge regions in the enlarged Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 201110, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Astrid Cullmann & Jens Schmidt-Ehmcke & Petra Zloczysti, 2009. "Innovation, R&D Efficiency and the Impact of the Regulatory Environment: A Two-Stage Semi-Parametric DEA Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 883, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Massimo Del Gatto & Adriana Di Liberto & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011. "Measuring Productivity," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 952-1008, December.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Ji, Ping & Wang, Teng-fei, 2005. "The relationship between privatization and DEA estimates of efficiency in the container port industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 433-462.
- E. Grifell-Tatjé & C. A. K. Lovell, 1999. "Profits and Productivity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(9), pages 1177-1193, September.
- Jens Schmidt-Ehmcke & Petra Zloczysti, 2009. "Research Efficiency in Manufacturing: An Application of DEA at the Industry Level," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 884, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Wang, Eric C., 2007. "R&D efficiency and economic performance: A cross-country analysis using the stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 345-360.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Tappeiner, Gottfried & Hauser, Christoph & Walde, Janette, 2008. "Regional knowledge spillovers: Fact or artifact?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 861-874, June.
- Buesa, Mikel & Heijs, Joost & Baumert, Thomas, 2010. "The determinants of regional innovation in Europe: A combined factorial and regression knowledge production function approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 722-735, July.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Manuel Acosta & Daniel Coronado & M. Dolores Leon & M. Angeles Martinez, 2009. "Production of University Technological Knowledge in European Regions: Evidence from Patent Data," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(9), pages 1167-1181.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Jon Zabala-Iturriagagoitia & Peter Voigt & Antonio Gutierrez-Gracia & Fernando Jimenez-Saez, 2007. "Regional Innovation Systems: How to Assess Performance," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 661-672.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1992. "Real Effects of Academic Research: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 363-367, March.
- Daniele Archibugi & Andrea Filippetti, 2011. "Is the Economic Crisis Impairing Convergence in Innovation Performance across Europe?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(6), pages 1153-1182, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheye Wang & Yeqing Cheng & Xinyue Ye & Y. H. Dennis Wei, 2016. "Analyzing the Space–Time Dynamics of Innovation in China: ESDA and Spatial Panel Approaches," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 111-129, March.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino & Raffaele Paci & Jordy Suriñach & Corinne Autant-Bernard & Sylvie Chalaye & Elisa Gagliardini & Stefano Usai, 2017.
"European Knowledge Neighbourhood: Knowledge Production in EU Neighbouring Countries and Intensity of the Relationship with EU Countries,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie,
Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 108(1), pages 52-75, February.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Sylvie Chalaye & Elisa Gagliardini & Stefano Usai, 2017. "European Knowledge Neighbourhood: Knowledge production in EU neighboring countries and intensity of the relationship with EU countries," Post-Print halshs-01196629, HAL.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2015.
"Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: A panel smooth transition regression approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 39-67, November.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2012. "Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: a panel smooth transition regression approach," Openloc Working Papers 1204, Public policies and local development.
- Riccardo Crescenzi & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2013. "R&D, Socio-Economic Conditions, and Regional Innovation in the U.S," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 287-320, June.
- Roberta Capello, 2013. "Knowledge, Innovation, and Regional Performance: Toward Smart Innovation Policies," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 185-194, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:44:y:2013:i:2:p:258-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.