Capital flows and speculative attacks in prospective EU member states
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Heather D Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003. "Capital Flows and Speculative Attacks in Prospective EU Member States," Working Papers 06, Bank of Greece.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stanislaw Gomulka, 1998. "Managing capital flows in Poland, 1995-98," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 6(2), pages 389-396, November.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Rose, Andrew K & Wyplosz, Charles, 1996. "Contagious Currency Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 1453, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1993. "European Monetary Unification," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1321-1357, September.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Ozkan, F Gulcin & Sutherland, Alan, 1995. "Policy Measures to Avoid a Currency Crisis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 510-519, March.
- Chen, Zhaohui & Giovannini, Alberto, 1997. "The determinants of realignment expectations under the EMS: Some empirical regularities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1687-1707, December.
- Ramon Moreno, 1995.
"Macroeconomic behavior during periods of speculative pressure or realignment: evidence from Pacific Basin economies,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-16.
- Ramon Moreno, 1995. "Macroeconomic behavior during periods of speculative pressure or realignment: evidence from Pacific Basin economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 95-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Heather D. Gibson, 2003. "Realignment probabilities and reputation effects in the EMS," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(2), pages 314-335, April.
- Yuko Kinoshita & Nauro F. Campos, 2003.
"Why Does Fdi Go Where it Goes? New Evidence From the Transition Economies,"
IMF Working Papers
03/228, International Monetary Fund.
- Campos, Nauro F & Kinoshita, Yuko, 2003. "Why Does FDI Go Where it Goes? New Evidence from the Transitional Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yuko Kinoshita & Nauro F. Campos, 2003. "Why Does Fdi Go Where It Goes? New Evidence From The Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-573, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Vredin, Anders, 1993.
"Devaluation Risk in Target Zones: Evidence from the Nordic Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 161-175, January.
- Edin, P.A. & Vredin, A., 1991. "Devaluation Risk in Target Zones: Evidence from the Nordic Countries," Papers 1991g, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Bergstrom, R & Edin, P-A, 1992.
"Time Aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 5-30, Jan.-Marc.
- Edin, P.A. & Bergstrom, R., 1991. "Time aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration," Papers 1991u, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Juan Ayuso & Maria Perez-Jurado, 1997. "Devaluations and depreciation expectations in the EMS," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 471-484.
- Hans Peter Lankes & Nicholas Stern & W Michael Blumenthal & Jiri Weigl, 1999. "Capital Flows to Eastern Europe," NBER Chapters,in: International Capital Flows, pages 57-110 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montiel, Peter & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1999.
"Do capital controls and macroeconomic policies influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 619-635, August.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Montiel, Peter, 1999. "Do capital controls influence the volume and composition of capital flows? Evidence from the 1990s," MPRA Paper 13710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buiter,Willem H. & Corsetti,Giancarlo & Pesenti,Paolo A., 2001.
"Financial Markets and European Monetary Cooperation,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521794404.
- Buiter,Willem H. & Corsetti,Giancarlo & Pesenti,Paolo A., 1998. "Financial Markets and European Monetary Cooperation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521495479.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-956, July.
- Cardenas, Mauricio & Barrera, Felipe, 1997. "On the effectiveness of capital controls: The experience of Colombia during the 1990s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 27-57, October.
- Dickerson, Andrew P. & Gibson, Heather D. & Tsakalotos, Euclid, 2002.
"Takeover risk and the market for corporate control: the experience of British firms in the 1970s and 1980s,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1167-1195, October.
- Andrew P. Dickerson & Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 1998. "Takeover Risk and the Market for Corporate Control: The Experience of British Firms in the 1970s and 1980s," Studies in Economics 9803, School of Economics, University of Kent.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heather D. Gibson & Thomas Vlassopoulo, 2007.
"Capital Folws, capital account liberalisation and the southern Mediterranean countries,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 137-165.
- Heather D. Gibson & Thomas Vlassopoulo, 2007. "Capital Folws, capital account liberalisation and the southern Mediterranean countries," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(241), pages 137-165.
- Sideris, Dimitrios, 2006.
"Testing for long-run PPP in a system context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 143-154, April.
- Dimitrios Sideris, 2004. "Testing for Long-Run PPP in a System Context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan," Working Papers 19, Bank of Greece.
- Scott W. Hegerty, 2012. "How integrated are the exchange markets of the Baltic Sea Region? An examination of market pressure and its contagion," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 109-122, December.
- Tomislav Globan, 2014.
"Testing the 'trilemma' in post-transition Europe - a new empirical measure of capital mobility,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 459-476, December.
- Tomislav Globan, 2014. "Testing 'the trilemma' in post-transitional Europe: a new empirical measure of capital mobility," EFZG Working Papers Series 1407, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- George A. Christodoulakis & Stephen E Satchell, 2006. "Exact Elliptical Distributions for Models of Conditionally Random Financial Volatility," Working Papers 32, Bank of Greece.
- Kristina Kittelmann & Marcel Tirpak & Rainer Schweickert & Lúcio Vinhas De Souza, 2006.
"From Transition Crises to Macroeconomic Stability? Lessons from a Crises Early Warning System for Eastern European and CIS Countries,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 48(3), pages 410-434, September.
- Kittelmann, Kristina & Tirpak, Marcel & Schweickert, Rainer & Vinhas de Souza, Lúcio, 2006. "From transition crises to macroeconomic stability? Lessons from a crises early warning system for Eastern European and CIS countries," Kiel Working Papers 1269, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Hegerty, Scott W., 2009. "Capital inflows, exchange market pressure, and credit growth in four transition economies with fixed exchange rates," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 155-167, June.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2007.
"Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 453-475, December.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2004. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Working Paper Series 370, European Central Bank.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2004. "Inflation Persistence during Periods of Structural Change: An Assessment Using Greek Data," Working Papers 13, Bank of Greece.
- Theodoros S. Papaspyrou, 2004. "EMU Strategies: Lessons from Past Experience in View of EU Enlargement," Working Papers 11, Bank of Greece.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Reiner Martin, 2011. "FDI, Trade and Growth in CESEE Countries," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 70-89.
- Scott W Hegerty, 2009. "Capital flows to transition economies: what is the role of external shocks?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1345-1358.
- Stephen Hall & George Hondroyiannis, 2006.
"Measuring the correlation of shocks between the EU15 and the new member countries,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 19-34, June.
- Stephen G. Hall & George Hondroyiannis, 2006. "Measuring the Correlation of Shocks betweem the EU15 and the New Member Countries," Working Papers 31, Bank of Greece.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Reiner Martin, 2011. "Capital Inflows, Exports and Growth in the CESEE Region," Chapters,in: Post-Crisis Growth and Integration in Europe, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Heather D. Gibson & Nicholas T. Tsaveas & Thomas Vlassopoulos, 2006. "Capital Flows, Capital Account Liberalisation and the Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 33, Bank of Greece.
- Eleni Angelopoulou, 2005. "The Comparative Performance of Q-type and Dynamic Models of Firm Investment: Empirical Evidence from the UK," Working Papers 27, Bank of Greece.
- Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2004. "Econometric Modelling at the Bank of Greece," Working Papers 14, Bank of Greece.
- HEGERTY, Scott W., 2014. "Exchange Market Pressure And Regional Price Spillovers In Russia, Ukraine, And Belarus," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(2).
- Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2005. "EU Enlargement, ERM II and Lessons from the Southern European countries," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 3(1), pages 41-78.
More about this item
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:12:y:2004:i:3:p:559-586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebrdduk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.