Measuring the Correlation of Shocks betweem the EU15 and the New Member Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen Hall & George Hondroyiannis, 2006. "Measuring the correlation of shocks between the EU15 and the new member countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 19-34, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 2001. "Why Not a Global Currency?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 243-247, May.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 122-150, February.
- Weide, R. van der, 2002. "Generalized Orthogonal GARCH. A Multivariate GARCH model," CeNDEF Working Papers 02-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- M.J. Artis, 2003.
"Reflections on the optimal currency area (OCA) criteria in the light of EMU,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 297-307.
- Michael J. Artis, 2002. "Reflections on the Optimal Currency Area (OCA) criteria in the light of EMU," Working Papers 69, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- M.J. Artis, 2002. "Reflections on the Optimal Currency Area (oca) Criteria in the Light of EMU," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 193, Central Bank of Chile.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1999. "Theoretical Issues Pertaining to Monetary Unions," NBER Working Papers 7393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Roy van der Weide, 2002. "GO-GARCH: a multivariate generalized orthogonal GARCH model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 549-564.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert J. Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2003.
"Optimal Currency Areas,"
NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2002, Volume 17, pages 301-356,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tenreyro, Silvana & Barro, Robert & Alesina, Alberto, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," Scholarly Articles 4553033, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert J. Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," NBER Working Papers 9072, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Robert Barro & Silvana Tenreyro, 2002. "Optimal Currency Areas," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1958, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:69:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2004.
"Capital flows and speculative attacks in prospective EU member states,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 559-586, September.
- Heather D Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003. "Capital Flows and Speculative Attacks in Prospective EU Member States," Working Papers 06, Bank of Greece.
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1994. "A Common Monetary Standard or a Common Currency for Europe? Fiscal Lessons from the United States," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 337-357, November.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1997. "Is EMU more justifiable ex post than ex ante?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 753-760, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefaan Ide & Philippe Moës, 2004. "Asymetric growth and inflation developments in the acceding countries: a new assessment," Working Paper Research 63, National Bank of Belgium.
- John Williamson, 2006. "A worldwide system of reference rates," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 341-352, December.
- Otmar Issing, 2006. "Europe's Hard Fix: The Euro Area," Working Papers 39, Bank of Greece.
- P. Swamy & George Tavlas, 2007.
"The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 293-306, May.
- George S. Tavlas & P.A.V.B. Swamy, 2006. "The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation," Working Papers 34, Bank of Greece.
- Alexandros E. Milionis, 2006. "An Alternative Definition of Market Efficiency and some Comments on its Empirical Testing," Working Papers 50, Bank of Greece.
- Eickmeier, Sandra & Breitung, Jörg, 2005. "How synchronized are central and east European economies with the euro area? Evidence from a structural factor model," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,20, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- George A. Christodoulakis & Stephen E Satchell, 2006. "Exact Elliptical Distributions for Models of Conditionally Random Financial Volatility," Working Papers 32, Bank of Greece.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hall, S.G. & Yhap, B., 2008. "Measuring the Correlation of Shocks Between the UK and the Core of Europe," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(1), pages 17-26, March.
- Han, Chulwoo & Park, Frank C., 2022. "A geometric framework for covariance dynamics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Lucchetti, Riccardo & Palomba, Giulio, 2009. "Nonlinear adjustment in US bond yields: An empirical model with conditional heteroskedasticity," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 659-667, May.
- Arie Preminger & Christian M. Hafner, 2006. "Asymptotic Theory For A Factor Garch Model," Working Papers 0608, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2006. "Forecasting US bond yields at weekly frequency," Working Papers 261, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Trucíos Maza, Carlos César & Mazzeu, João H. G. & Hallin, Marc & Hotta, Luiz Koodi & Pereira, Pedro L. Valls & Zevallos, Mauricio, 2019.
"Forecasting conditional covariance matrices in high-dimensional time series: a general dynamic factor approach,"
Textos para discussão
505, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Marc Hallin & Luis K. Hotta & João H. G Mazzeu & Carlos Cesar Trucios-Maza & Pedro L. Valls Pereira & Mauricio Zevallos, 2019. "Forecasting Conditional Covariance Matrices in High-Dimensional Time Series: a General Dynamic Factor Approach," Working Papers ECARES 2019-14, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Paolella, Marc S. & Polak, Paweł & Walker, Patrick S., 2021. "A non-elliptical orthogonal GARCH model for portfolio selection under transaction costs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008.
"Temporal Aggregation Of Univariate And Multivariate Time Series Models: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 458-497, July.
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: a survey," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136205, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: A survey," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 685, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- SILVESTRINI, Andrea & VEREDAS, David, 2009. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: A survey," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hafner, Christian M. & Preminger, Arie, 2009. "Asymptotic Theory For A Factor Garch Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 336-363, April.
- Silvennoinen, Annastiina & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2007. "Multivariate GARCH models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 669, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 18 Jan 2008.
- Audrone Virbickaite & M. Concepción Ausín & Pedro Galeano, 2015. "Bayesian Inference Methods For Univariate And Multivariate Garch Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 76-96, February.
- Cho, Haeran & Korkas, Karolos K., 2022. "High-dimensional GARCH process segmentation with an application to Value-at-Risk," Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 187-203.
- Morana, Claudio, 2019.
"Regularized semiparametric estimation of high dimensional dynamic conditional covariance matrices,"
Econometrics and Statistics, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 42-65.
- Claudio, Morana, 2018. "Regularized semiparametric estimation of high dimensional dynamic conditional covariance matrices," Working Papers 382, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 04 Jun 2018.
- Bodnar, Olha & Bodnar, Taras & Gupta, Arjun K., 2010. "Estimation and inference for dependence in multivariate data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(4), pages 869-881, April.
- Christian Hafner & Helmut Herwartz, 2008.
"Analytical quasi maximum likelihood inference in multivariate volatility models,"
Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 67(2), pages 219-239, March.
- Hafner, C.M. & Herwartz, H., 2003. "Analytical quasi maximum likelihood inference in multivariate volatility models," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-21, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- H. J. Turtle & Kainan Wang, 2014. "Modeling Conditional Covariances With Economic Information Instruments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 217-236, April.
- Ruili Sun & Tiefeng Ma & Shuangzhe Liu & Milind Sathye, 2019. "Improved Covariance Matrix Estimation for Portfolio Risk Measurement: A Review," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Santos, André A.P. & Moura, Guilherme V., 2014. "Dynamic factor multivariate GARCH model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 606-617.
- Francisco Blasques & Enzo D'Innocenzo & Siem Jan Koopman, 2021. "Common and Idiosyncratic Conditional Volatility Factors: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 21-057/III, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycle; GARCH;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2006-11-18 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bog:wpaper:31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/boggvgr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christina Tsochatzi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/boggvgr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.