Asymptotic Theory For A Factor Garch Model
This paper investigates the asymptotic theory for a factor GARCH (generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity) model. Sufficient conditions for asymptotic stability and existence of moments are established. These conditions allow for volatility spillover and integrated GARCH. We then show the strong consistency and asymptotic normality of the quasi–maximum likelihood estimator (QMLE) of the model parameters. The results are obtained under the finiteness of the fourth-order moment of the innovations.
Volume (Year): 25 (2009)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2005.
"A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model,"
23714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2007. "A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 61-75, January.
- Arie Preminger & Giuseppe Storti, 2006.
"A Garch (1,1) Estimator With (Almost) No Moment Conditions On The Error Term,"
0607, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- PREMINGER, Arie & STORTI, Giuseppe, 2006. "A GARCH (1,1) estimator with (almost) no moment conditions on the error term," CORE Discussion Papers 2006068, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rombouts, Jeroen V. K. & Hafner, Christian M., 2004.
"Semiparametric multivariate volatility models,"
2004,14, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Carrasco, Marine & Chen, Xiaohong, 2002. "Mixing And Moment Properties Of Various Garch And Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 17-39, February.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1997. "Adaptive estimation in time-series models," Other publications TiSEM aa253902-af93-4e1e-b974-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Comte, F. & Lieberman, O., 2003. "Asymptotic theory for multivariate GARCH processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-84, January.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2004.
"Ergodicity, mixing, and existence of moments of a class of Markov models with applications to GARCH and ACD models,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
573, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 20 Apr 2007.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2008. "Ergodicity, Mixing, And Existence Of Moments Of A Class Of Markov Models With Applications To Garch And Acd Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(05), pages 1291-1320, October.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2007. "Ergodicity, mixing, and existence of moments of a class of Markov models with applications to GARCH and ACD models," Economics Series Working Papers 327, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Storti, G., 2006. "Minimum distance estimation of GARCH(1,1) models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1803-1821, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, SÃ©bastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen VK, .
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1847, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Lee, Sang-Won & Hansen, Bruce E., 1994. "Asymptotic Theory for the Garch(1,1) Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimator," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 29-52, March.
- Francq, Christian & Zako an, Jean-Michel, 2006. "Mixing Properties Of A General Class Of Garch(1,1) Models Without Moment Assumptions On The Observed Process," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(05), pages 815-834, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 1999. "Estimation When a Parameter Is on a Boundary," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1341-1384, November.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Roy van der Weide, 2002. "GO-GARCH: a multivariate generalized orthogonal GARCH model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 549-564.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1994.
"Adaptive estimation in time-series models,"
1994-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001.
"Asymptotic Theory for a Vector ARMA-GARCH Model,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0549, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kristensen, Dennis & Linton, Oliver, 2006. "A Closed-Form Estimator For The Garch(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 323-337, April.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- I. D. Vrontos & P. Dellaportas & D. N. Politis, 2003. "A full-factor multivariate GARCH model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(2), pages 312-334, December.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L, 1996. "Consistency and Asymptotic Normality of the Quasi-maximum Likelihood Estimator in IGARCH(1,1) and Covariance Stationary GARCH(1,1) Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 575-96, May.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel ZakoÃ¯an, 2006. "Inference in GARCH when some coefficients are equal to zero," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 64, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christian M. Hafner, 2003. "Fourth Moment Structure of Multivariate GARCH Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 26-54.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:25:y:2009:i:02:p:336-363_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.