Asymptotic Theory For A Factor Garch Model
This paper investigates the asymptotic theory for a factor GARCH (generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity) model. Sufficient conditions for asymptotic stability and existence of moments are established. These conditions allow for volatility spillover and integrated GARCH. We then show the strong consistency and asymptotic normality of the quasi–maximum likelihood estimator (QMLE) of the model parameters. The results are obtained under the finiteness of the fourth-order moment of the innovations.
Volume (Year): 25 (2009)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001.
"Asymptotic Theory for a Vector ARMA-GARCH Model,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0549, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Hafner, Christian M. & Rombouts, Jeroen V.K., 2007.
"Semiparametric Multivariate Volatility Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 251-280, April.
- Rombouts, Jeroen V. K. & Hafner, Christian M., 2004. "Semiparametric multivariate volatility models," Papers 2004,14, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Hafner, C.M. & Rombouts, J.V.K., 2004. "Semiparametric multivariate volatility models," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-21, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Kristensen, Dennis & Linton, Oliver, 2006. "A Closed-Form Estimator For The Garch(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 323-337, April.
- Mika Meitz & Pentti Saikkonen, 2007.
"Ergodicity, mixing, and existence of moments of a class of Markov models with applications to GARCH and ACD models,"
Economics Series Working Papers
327, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2008. "Ergodicity, Mixing, And Existence Of Moments Of A Class Of Markov Models With Applications To Garch And Acd Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(05), pages 1291-1320, October.
- Meitz, Mika & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2004. "Ergodicity, mixing, and existence of moments of a class of Markov models with applications to GARCH and ACD models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 573, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 20 Apr 2007.
- Bougerol, Philippe & Picard, Nico, 1992. "Stationarity of Garch processes and of some nonnegative time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 115-127.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaasens, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1994.
"Adaptive Estimation in Time Series Models,"
9488, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 1999. "Estimation When a Parameter Is on a Boundary," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1341-1384, November.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2005.
"A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model,"
23714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2007. "A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 61-75, January.
- PREMINGER, Arie & STORTI, Giuseppe, 2006.
"A GARCH (1,1) estimator with (almost) no moment conditions on the error term,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006068, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Arie Preminger & Giuseppe Storti, 2006. "A Garch (1,1) Estimator With (Almost) No Moment Conditions On The Error Term," Working Papers 0607, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Carrasco, Marine & Chen, Xiaohong, 2002. "Mixing And Moment Properties Of Various Garch And Stochastic Volatility Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 17-39, February.
- Francq, Christian & Zako an, Jean-Michel, 2006. "Mixing Properties Of A General Class Of Garch(1,1) Models Without Moment Assumptions On The Observed Process," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(05), pages 815-834, October.
- Comte, F. & Lieberman, O., 2003. "Asymptotic theory for multivariate GARCH processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-84, January.
- Christian M. Hafner, 2003. "Fourth Moment Structure of Multivariate GARCH Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 26-54.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel ZakoÃ¯an, 2006. "Inference in GARCH when some coefficients are equal to zero," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 64, Society for Computational Economics.
- Storti, G., 2006. "Minimum distance estimation of GARCH(1,1) models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1803-1821, December.
- Roy van der Weide, 2002. "GO-GARCH: a multivariate generalized orthogonal GARCH model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 549-564.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:25:y:2009:i:02:p:336-363_09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.