QML estimation of a class of multivariate GARCH models without moment conditions on the observed process
We establish the strong consistency and asymptotic normality of the quasi-maximum likelihood estimator of the parameters of a class of multivariate GARCH processes. The conditions are mild and coincide with the minimal ones in the univariate case. In particular, contrary to the current literature on the estimation of multivariate GARCH models, no moment assumption is made on the observed process. Instead, we require strict stationarity, for which a necessary and sufficient condition is established.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001.
"Asymptotic Theory for a Vector ARMA-GARCH Model,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0549, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Hafner, Christian M. & Preminger, Arie, 2009.
"Asymptotic Theory For A Factor Garch Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 336-363, April.
- Comte, F. & Lieberman, O., 2003. "Asymptotic theory for multivariate GARCH processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 61-84, January.
- He, Changli & Ter svirta, Timo, 2004. "An Extended Constant Conditional Correlation Garch Model And Its Fourth-Moment Structure," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(05), pages 904-926, October.
- Engle, Robert F & Sheppard, Kevin K, 2001.
"Theoretical and Empirical Properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt5s2218dp, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2001. "Theoretical and Empirical properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH," NBER Working Papers 8554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- BAUWENS, Luc & LAURENT, Sébastien & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2003.
"Multivariate GARCH models: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Annastiina Silvennoinen & Timo Teräsvirta, 2008.
"Multivariate GARCH models,"
CREATES Research Papers
2008-06, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Silvennoinen, Annastiina & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2007. "Multivariate GARCH models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 669, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 18 Jan 2008.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-50, July.
- Nakatani, Tomoaki & Teräsvirta, Timo, 2007.
"Testing for Volatility Interactions in the Constant Conditional Correlation GARCH Model,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
649, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 24 Jan 2007.
- Tomoaki Nakatani & Timo Terasvirta, 2009. "Testing for volatility interactions in the Constant Conditional Correlation GARCH model," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(1), pages 147-163, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.