Asymptotic Theory For A Vector Arma-Garch Model
This paper investigates the asymptotic theory for a vector ARMA-GARCH model. The conditions for the strict stationarity, ergodicity, and the higherorder moments of the model are established. Consistency of the quasi- maximum likelihood estimator (QMLE) is proved under only the second-order moment condition. This consistency result is new, even for the univariate ARCH and GARCH models. Moreover, the asymptotic normality of the QMLE for the vector ARCH model is obtained under only the second-order moment of the unconditional errors, and the finite fourth-order moment of the conditional errors. Under additional moment conditions, the asymptotic normality of the QMLE is also obtained for the vector ARMA-ARCH and ARMA-GARCH models, as well as a consistent estimator of the asymptotic covariance.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Tse, Y. K., 2000.
"A test for constant correlations in a multivariate GARCH model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 107-127, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Tse's constant correlation GARCH test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00161, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "TSECCTEST: RATS procedure to perform Tse test for constant correlation in MV-GARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTS00214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Weiss, Andrew A., 1986. "Asymptotic Theory for ARCH Models: Estimation and Testing," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 107-131, April.
- J. Pfanzagl, 1969. "On the measurability and consistency of minimum contrast estimates," Metrika- International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 249-272, December.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "On Adaptive Estimation in Nonstationary ARMA Models with GARCH Errors," ISER Discussion Paper 0548, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:19:y:2003:i:02:p:280-310_19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.