Econometric Modelling at the Bank of Greece
At the Bank of Greece econometric modelling started in 1975 when the Bank’s first model of the Greek economy was developed under the leadership of the now Governor of the Bank Nicholas C. Garganas. The model was extensively used for many years in forecasting as well as in policy analysis and proved to be an indispensable tool for the policy decisions of the Bank over a broad spectrum of issues. Model development at the Bank of Greece is an ongoing activity fuelled by the changes in the economy as well as by modelling theoretical advances. This paper describes and documents the use as well as the properties (through a set of standard simulation results) of the current version of the Bank of Greece model.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Econometric Models of the Euro-Area Central Banks, G. Fagan and J. Morgan (eds). Chapter 10, pp. 172-190. Edward Elgar Publishing Limited (2005). Titled "The Econometric Model of the Bank of Greece".|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.bankofgreece.gr|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Magginas, Nicholas S., 2005.
"Changes in financial structure and asset price substitutability: A test of the bank lending channel,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 879-904, September.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Nicholas S. Magginas, 2003. "Changes in Financial Structure and Asset Price Substitutability: A Test of the Bank Lending Channel," Working Papers 05, Bank of Greece.
- Sophia, 2003.
"Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma,"
02, Bank of Greece.
- Sophia Lazaretou, 2005. "Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 34(3), pages 331-370, November.
- Papazoglou, Christos & Pentecost, Eric J., 2004.
"The dynamic adjustment of a transition economy in the early stages of transformation,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 547-561, September.
- Christos Papazoglou & Eric J. Pentecost, 2003. "The Dynamic Adjustment of a Transition Economy in the Early Stages of Transformation," Working Papers 03, Bank of Greece.
- Nicos C. Kamberoglou & Elias Liapis & George T. Simigiannis & Panagiota Tzamourani, 2004. "Cost Efficiency in Greek Banking," Working Papers 09, Bank of Greece.
- Heather D Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2003.
"Capital Flows and Speculative Attacks in Prospective EU Member States,"
06, Bank of Greece.
- Heather D. Gibson & Euclid Tsakalotos, 2004. "Capital flows and speculative attacks in prospective EU member states," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 559-586, 09.
- Stephen G. Hall & Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2003. "An Indicator Measuring Underlying Economic Activity in Greece," Working Papers 04, Bank of Greece.
- Thanasis N. Christodoulopoulos & Ioulia Grigoratou, 2003. "The Effect of Dynamic Hedging of Options Positions on Intermediate-Maturity Interest Rates," Working Papers 08, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003.
"Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece,"
01, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003. "Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 605-628, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bog:wpaper:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christina Tsochatzi)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.