Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003. "Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 605-628, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papadopoulos, Athanasios P & Zis, George, 1997.
"The Demand for Money in Greece: Further Empirical Results and Policy Implications,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 71-89, January.
- Athanasios Papadopoulos & George Zis, "undated". "The Demand For Money In Greece: Further Empirical Results And Policy Implications," Working Papers 9405, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias, 1993. "The Demand for Money in Greece: An Exercise in Econometric Modelling with Cointegrated Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 55(2), pages 215-236, May.
- Hafer, R W & Jansen, Dennis W, 1991.
"The Demand for Money in the United States: Evidence from Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 155-168, May.
- Hafer, R.W. & Jansen, D.W., 1990. "The Demand For Money In The United States: Evidence From Cointegration Tests," Papers 9010, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Jonung, Lars, 1990.
"The long-run behavior of velocity: The institutional approach revisited,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 165-197.
- Michael D. Bordo & Lars Jonung, 1989. "The Long-Run Behavior of Velocity: The Institutional Approach Revisited," NBER Working Papers 3204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael C. Keeley & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1986. "Deposit rate deregulation and the demand for transactions media," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 47-62.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- I-Lok Chang & P.A.V.B. Swamy & Charles Hallahan & George S. Tavlas, 2000. "A Computational Approach to Finding Causal Economic Laws," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 16(1/2), pages 105-136, October.
- Swamy, P A V B & Tavlas, George S, 1995.
" Random Coefficient Models: Theory and Applications,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 165-196, June.
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 1993. "Random coefficient models: theory and applications," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- repec:syd:wpaper:160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johansen, Soren, 1992. "Cointegration in partial systems and the efficiency of single-equation analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 389-402, June.
- Courakis, A S, 1978. "Serial Correlation and a Bank of England Study of the Demand for Money: An Exercise in Measurement without Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 537-548, September.
- Christou, Costas & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S., 1998. "A general framework for predicting returns from multiple currency investments," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 977-1000, May.
- Friedman, Milton & Schwartz, Anna J, 1991. "Alternative Approaches to Analyzing Economic Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 39-49, March.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sideris, Dimitrios, 2006.
"Testing for long-run PPP in a system context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 143-154, April.
- Dimitrios Sideris, 2004. "Testing for Long-Run PPP in a System Context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan," Working Papers 19, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & Eugenie N. Garganas & Stephen G. Hall, 2014.
"Consumer credit in an era of financial liberalization: an overreaction to repressed demand?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 139-152, January.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Garganas, Eugenie N. & Hall, Stephen G., 2012. "Consumer credit in an era of financial liberalisation: An overreaction to repressed demand?," MPRA Paper 41819, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sophocles Brissimis & Eugenie Garganas & Stephen G. Hall, 2012. "Consumer credit in an era of financial liberalisation: an overreaction to repressed demand?," Working Papers 148, Bank of Greece.
- Hochreiter, Eduard & Tavlas, George S., 2004. "On the road again: an essay on the optimal path to EMU for the new member states," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 793-816, October.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:14:y:2008:i:2:p:205-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Birendra Bahadur Budha, 2013. "Demand for Money in Nepal: An ARDL Bounds Testing Approach," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(1), pages 21-36, April.
- Stephen G. Hall & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2009. "Where Has All the Money Gone? Wealth and the Demand for Money in South Africa †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 18(1), pages 84-112, January.
- George A. Christodoulakis & Stephen E Satchell, 2006. "Exact Elliptical Distributions for Models of Conditionally Random Financial Volatility," Working Papers 32, Bank of Greece.
- Younes Zouhar & Abderrahman Kacemi, 2008. "Financial Liberalization and Money Demand in Morocco," Working Papers 389, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Jan 2008.
- George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George Tavlas & Michael Ulan, 2008.
"Some Further Evidence on Exchange-Rate Volatility and Exports,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 151-180, April.
- George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas & Michael Ulan, 2005. "Some Further Evidence on Exchange-Rate Volatility and Exports," Working Papers 28, Bank of Greece.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2007.
"Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 453-475, December.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2004. "Inflation Persistence during Periods of Structural Change: An Assessment Using Greek Data," Working Papers 13, Bank of Greece.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2004. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Working Paper Series 370, European Central Bank.
- Abdul Qayyum, 2005. "Modelling the Demand for Money in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 233-252.
- repec:pra:mprapa:40579 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eleni Angelopoulou, 2005. "The Comparative Performance of Q-type and Dynamic Models of Firm Investment: Empirical Evidence from the UK," Working Papers 27, Bank of Greece.
- Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D., 2004. "Recent developments in understanding the demand for money," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 247-272.
- Birendra Bahadur Budha, 2012. "A Panel Data Analysis of Foreign Trade Determinants of Nepal: Gravity Model Approach," NRB Working Paper 12/2012, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Christos Karpetis, 2008. "Money, Income and Inflation in Equilibrium – The Case of Greece," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(2), pages 205-214, May.
- James, Gregory A., 2005. "Money demand and financial liberalization in Indonesia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 817-829, October.
- Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2004. "Econometric Modelling at the Bank of Greece," Working Papers 14, Bank of Greece.
- Kent Kimbrough & Ioannis Spyridopoulos, 2012. "The Welfare Cost of Inflation in Greece," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 10(1), pages 41-52.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney demand; VEC; random coefficient estimation;
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bog:wpaper:01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christina Tsochatzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boggvgr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.