Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sophia, 2003. "Greek Monetary Economics in Retrospect: The Adventures of the Drachma," Working Papers 02, Bank of Greece.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Giovannini, 1993. "Bretton Woods and Its Precursors: Rules versus Discretion in the History of International Monetary Regimes," NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 109-154 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alogoskoufis, George S, 1992.
"Monetary Accommodation, Exchange Rate Regimes and Inflation Persistence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(412), pages 461-480, May.
- Alogoskoufis, George, 1991. "Monetary Accommodation, Exchange Rate Regimes and Inflation Persistence," CEPR Discussion Papers 503, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Rockoff, Hugh, 1996.
"The Gold Standard as a “Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval”,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(02), pages 389-428, June.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1995. "The Gold Standard as a `Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval'," NBER Working Papers 5340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hugh Rockoff & Michael D. Bordo, 1996. "The Gold Standard as a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval"," Departmental Working Papers 199528, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Alogoskoufis, George S. & Philippopoulos, Apostolis, 1992. "Inflationary expectations, political parties and the exchange rate regime: Greece 1958-1989," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 375-399, October.
- Michael D. Bordo & Eugene N. White, 1990. "British and French Finance During the Napoleonic Wars," NBER Working Papers 3517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1987.
"Government spending, interest rates, prices, and budget deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 221-247, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1986. "Government Spending, Interest Rates, Prices, and Budget Deficits in the United Kingdom, 1701-1918," NBER Working Papers 2005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Leventakis, John A., 1989. "The effectiveness of devaluation: A general equilibrium assessment with reference to Greece," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 247-271.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Christodoulakis, Nikos, 1990. "Fiscal Deficits, Seigniorage and External Debt: The Case of Greece," CEPR Discussion Papers 468, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lazaretou Sophia, 1995. "Government Spending, Monetary Policies, and Exchange Rate Regime Switches: The Drachma in the Gold Standard Period," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 28-50, January.
- George Hondroyiannis & Evangelia Papapetrou, 1997. "Are budget deficits inflationary? A cointegration approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(8), pages 493-496.
- Fotios Siokis & Panayotis Kapopoulos, 2003. "Electoral management, political risk and exchange rate dynamics: the Greek experience," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 279-285.
- Gibson, Heather D. & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2001. "Leading inflation indicators for Greece," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Bordo Michael D. & Kydland Finn E., 1995. "The Gold Standard As a Rule: An Essay in Exploration," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 423-464, October.
- Alogoskoufis, George S & Smith, Ron, 1991. "The Phillips Curve, the Persistence of Inflation, and the Lucas Critique: Evidence from Exchange-Rate Regimes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1254-1275, December.
- Grilli, Vittorio, 1989. "Exchange rates and seigniorage," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 580-587, March.
- Kapopoulos, Panayotis, 1995. "Disinflation and credibility in small open European economies in the 1980s: Parties, elections and the ERM," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 157-170, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Michel Zouboulakis, 2016.
"Greek Sovereign Defaults in Retrospect and Prospect,"
South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics,
Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 14(2), pages 141-157.
- Tsoulfidis, Lefteris & Zouboulakis, Michel, 2016. "Greek Sovereign Defaults in Retrospect and Prospect," MPRA Paper 71588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sideris, Dimitrios, 2006.
"Testing for long-run PPP in a system context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 143-154, April.
- Dimitrios Sideris, 2004. "Testing for Long-Run PPP in a System Context: Evidence for the US, Germany and Japan," Working Papers 19, Bank of Greece.
- Christos Karpetis & Erotokritos Varelas & Spyros Zikos, 2006. "Unit Root Investigation of Greek Real Money Supply and GDP," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(4), pages 449-460, November.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"A Decade of Debt,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Miguel Fuentes D. & Claudio E. Raddatz & Carmen M. Reinhart (ed.), Capital Mobility and Monetary Policy, edition 1, volume 18, chapter 4, pages 97-135
Central Bank of Chile.
- Ashoka Mody & Franziska L Ohnsorge, 2007. "Can Domestic Policies Influence Inflation?," IMF Working Papers 07/257, International Monetary Fund.
- George Chouliarakis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2014. "Deja vu? The Greek crisis experience, the 2010s versus the 1930s. Lessons from history," Working Papers 176, Bank of Greece.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2007.
"Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(5), pages 453-475, December.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lazaretou, Sophia, 2004. "Inflation persistence during periods of structural change: an assessment using Greek data," Working Paper Series 370, European Central Bank.
- George Hondroyiannis & Sophia Lazaretou, 2004. "Inflation Persistence during Periods of Structural Change: An Assessment Using Greek Data," Working Papers 13, Bank of Greece.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:4:p:449-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eleni Angelopoulou, 2005. "The Comparative Performance of Q-type and Dynamic Models of Firm Investment: Empirical Evidence from the UK," Working Papers 27, Bank of Greece.
- Kalina Dimitrova & Luca Fantacci, 2009.
"Financial stability, monetary autonomy and fiscal interference: Bulgaria in search of its way, 1879-1913,"
3, National Bank of Serbia.
- Kalina Dimitrova & Luca Fantacci, 2010. "Financial stability, monetary autonomy and fiscal interference: Bulgaria in search of its way, 1879-1913," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp979, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nicholas G. Zonzilos, 2004. "Econometric Modelling at the Bank of Greece," Working Papers 14, Bank of Greece.
- George A. Christodoulakis & Stephen E Satchell, 2006. "Exact Elliptical Distributions for Models of Conditionally Random Financial Volatility," Working Papers 32, Bank of Greece.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2010. "This Time is Different Chartbook: Country Histories on Debt, Default, and Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 15815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolf, Marvin, 2013. "Währungsunionen und Allmendeproblem," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-521, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Edward Seyler & John Levendis, 2013. "What was the Role of Monetary Policy in the Greek Financial Crisis?," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 11(2), pages 117-137.
- George Chouliarakis & Tadeusz Gwiazdowski & Sophia Lazaretou, 2016. "The Effect of Fiscal Policy on Output in Times of Crisis and Prosperity: Historical Evidence From Greece ," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 230, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
More about this item
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecnote:v:34:y:2005:i:3:p:331-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0391-5026 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.