Central clearing: trends and current issues
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiménez, Gabriel & Ongena, Steven & Peydró, José-Luis & Saurina, Jesús, 2014. "Hazardous times for monetary policy: what do twenty-three million bank loans say about the effects of monetary policy on credit risk-taking?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 463-505.
- Angela Maddaloni & Jose-Luis Peydro, 2011.
"Bank Risk-taking, Securitization, Supervision, and Low Interest Rates: Evidence from the Euro-area and the U.S. Lending Standards,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 2121-2165.
- Maddaloni, Angela & Peydró, José-Luis, 2010. "Bank risk-taking, securitization, supervision and low interest rates: Evidence from the euro area and the U.S. lending standards," Working Paper Series 1248, European Central Bank.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2009.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2201-2238, June.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Olga Lewandowska, 2015. "OTC Clearing Arrangements for Bank Systemic Risk Regulation: A Simulation Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(6), pages 1177-1203, September.
- Claudio E. V. Borio, 2004. "Market distress and vanishing liquidity: anatomy and policy options," BIS Working Papers 158, Bank for International Settlements.
- Froukelien Wendt, 2015. "Central Counterparties; Addressing their Too Important to Fail Nature," IMF Working Papers 15/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen G Cecchetti & Jacob Gyntelberg & Marc Hollanders, 2009. "Central counterparties for over-the-counter derivatives," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Beltratti, Andrea & Stulz, Rene M., 2009.
"Why Did Some Banks Perform Better during the Credit Crisis? A Cross-Country Study of the Impact of Governance and Regulation,"
Working Paper Series
2009-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Andrea Beltratti & René M. Stulz, 2009. "Why Did Some Banks Perform Better During the Credit Crisis? A Cross-Country Study of the Impact of Governance and Regulation," NBER Working Papers 15180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José‐Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2014.
"Hazardous Times for Monetary Policy: What Do Twenty‐Three Million Bank Loans Say About the Effects of Monetary Policy on Credit Risk‐Taking?,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(2), pages 463-505, March.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2009. "Hazardous times for monetary policy: What do twenty-three million bank loans say about the effects of monetary policy on credit risk-taking?," Working Papers 0833, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Daniel Heller & Nicholas Vause, 2012. "Collateral requirements for mandatory central clearing of over-the-counter derivatives," BIS Working Papers 373, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bruno Biais & Florian Heider & Marie Hoerova, 2012. "Clearing, Counterparty Risk, and Aggregate Risk," IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 60(2), pages 193-222, July.
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2012.
"Do bank characteristics influence the effect of monetary policy on bank risk?,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 220-222.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Altunbas, Yener & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2012. "Do bank characteristics influence the effect of monetary policy on bank risk?," Working Paper Series 1427, European Central Bank.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 2000.
"Imperfect competition, risk taking, and regulation in banking,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-34, January.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 1995. "Imperfect Competition, Risk Taking, and Regulation in Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 1177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Murphy, David & Vasios, Michalis & Vause, Nick, 2014. "Financial Stability Paper No 29: An investigation into the procyclicality of risk-based initial margin models," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 29, Bank of England.
- Alexandra Heath & Gerard Kelly & Mark Manning, 2015. "Central Counterparty Loss Allocation and Transmission of Financial Stress," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2015-02, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- repec:ecb:ecbwps:20111427 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rahman, Arshadur, 2015. "Over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives, central clearing and financial stability," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(3), pages 283-294.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Making Markets Safe: The Role of Central Clearing
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2016-03-28 17:33:05
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jaremski, Matthew, 2018.
"The (dis)advantages of clearinghouses before the Fed,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 127(3), pages 435-458.
- Matthew S. Jaremski, 2017. "The (Dis)Advantages of Clearinghouses Before the Fed," NBER Working Papers 23113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gai, Prasanna & Kemp, Malcolm & Sánchez Serrano, Antonio & Schnabel, Isabel, 2019. "Regulatory complexity and the quest for robust regulation," Report of the Advisory Scientific Committee 8, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Bellia, Mario & Panzica, Roberto & Pelizzon, Loriana & Peltonen, Tuomas A., 2017.
"The demand for central clearing: to clear or not to clear, that is the question,"
ESRB Working Paper Series
62, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Bellia, Mario & Girardi, Giulio & Panzica, Roberto & Pelizzon, Loriana & Peltonen, Tuomas, 2019. "The demand for central clearing: To clear or not to clear, that is the question," SAFE Working Paper Series 193, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Torsten Ehlers & Bryan Hardy, 2019. "The evolution of OTC interest rate derivatives markets," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Ranaldo, Angelo & Schaffner, Patrick & Vasios, Michalis, 2019. "Regulatory effects on short-term interest rates," Bank of England working papers 801, Bank of England.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2018.
"What Do We Know About the Effects of Macroprudential Policy?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 85(340), pages 735-770, October.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2014. "What do we know about the effects of macroprudential policy?," DNB Working Papers 440, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Miglietta, Arianna & Picillo, Cristina & Pietrunti, Mario, 2019. "The impact of margin policies on the Italian repo market," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C).
- Umar Faruqui & Wenqian Huang & Előd Takáts, 2018. "Clearing risks in OTC derivatives markets: the CCP-bank nexus," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Dufour, Alfonso & Marra, Miriam & Sangiorgi, Ivan, 2019. "Determinants of intraday dynamics and collateral selection in centrally cleared and bilateral repos," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-1.
- Hitoshi Hayakawa, 2018. "Does a central clearing counterparty reduce liquidity needs?," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 13(1), pages 9-50, April.
- Lopez, Claude & Saeidinezhad, Elham, 2017. "Central Counterparties Help, But Do Not Assure Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 80358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krahnen, Jan Pieter & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2016. ""Predatory" margins and the regulation and supervision of central counterparty clearing houses (CCPs)," SAFE White Paper Series 41, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- H Peyton Young & Mark Paddrik, 2019. "How Safe are Central Counterparties in Credit Default Swap Markets?," Economics Series Working Papers 885, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:1512g. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.