Clearing, counterparty risk and aggregate risk
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Acharya, Viral & Bisin, Alberto, 2014.
"Counterparty risk externality: Centralized versus over-the-counter markets,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 153-182.
- Viral V. Acharya & Alberto Bisin, 2011. "Counterparty Risk Externality: Centralized Versus Over-the-counter Markets," NBER Working Papers 17000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Viral Acharya & Alberto Bisin, 2011. "Counterparty risk externality: Centralized versus over-the-counter markets," 2011 Meeting Papers 618, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Thorsten Koeppl & Cyril Monnet, 2006. "Central Counterparties," 2006 Meeting Papers 513, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stephens, Eric & Thompson, James R., 2014. "CDS as insurance: Leaky lifeboats in stormy seas," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 279-299.
- Koeppl, Thorsten & Monnet, Cyril & Temzelides, Ted, 2012.
"Optimal clearing arrangements for financial trades,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 189-203.
- Thorsten Koeppl & Cyril Monnet & Ted Temzelides, 2009. "Optimal Clearing Arrangements for Financial Trades," Working Papers 1222, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- David Mills & Francesca Carapella, 2012. "Information insensitive securities: the benefits of central counterparties," 2012 Meeting Papers 1032, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James R. Thompson, 2010. "Counterparty Risk in Financial Contracts: Should the Insured Worry About the Insurer?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(3), pages 1195-1252.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boissel, Charles & Derrien, François & Ors, Evren & Thesmar, David, 2017.
"Systemic risk in clearing houses: Evidence from the European repo market,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 511-536.
- Thesmar, David & Ors, Evren & Derrien, Francois & Boissel, Charles, 2015. "Systemic Risk in Clearing Houses: Evidence from the European Repo Market," HEC Research Papers Series 1112, HEC Paris.
- Charles Boissel & François Derrien & Evren Örs & David Thesmar, 2016. "Systemic risk in clearing houses: Evidence from the European repo market," ESRB Working Paper Series 10, European Systemic Risk Board.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:91-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arianna Miglietta & Cristina Picillo & Mario Pietrunti, 2015.
"The impact of CCPs' margin policies on repo markets,"
BIS Working Papers
515, Bank for International Settlements.
- Arianna Miglietta & Cristina Picillo & Mario Pietrunti, 2015. "The impact of CCPsï¿½ margin policies on Repo markets," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1028, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Stephens, Eric & Thompson, James R., 2017. "Information asymmetry and risk transfer markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 88-99.
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Gaetano Antinolfi & Francesca Carapella & Francesco Carli, 2018. "Transparency and Collateral : Central versus Bilateral Clearing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-017, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:cup:jfinqa:v:52:y:2017:i:05:p:2183-2215_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bignon, Vincent & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2016. "The Failure of a Clearinghouse: Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 11630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cyril Monnet & Thomas Nellen, 2014. "The Collateral Costs of Clearing," Working Papers 2014-04, Swiss National Bank.
- Albert J. Menkveld & Emiliano Pagnotta & Marius A. Zoican, 2013. "Central Clearing and Asset Prices," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-181/IV/DSF67, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gould, Martin D. & Hautsch, Nikolaus & Howison, Sam D. & Porter, Mason A., 2017.
"Counterparty credit limits: An effective tool for mitigating counterparty risk?,"
CFS Working Paper Series
581, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Martin D. Gould & Nikolaus Hautsch & Sam D. Howison & Mason A. Porter, 2017. "Counterparty credit limits: An effective tool for mitigating counterparty risk?," Papers 1709.08238, arXiv.org.
- Augustin, Patrick & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Wang, Sarah Qian, 2014. "Credit Default Swaps: A Survey," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 9(1-2), pages 1-196, December.
- Vuillemey, G. & Breton, R., 2014. "Endogenous Derivative Networks," Working papers 483, Banque de France.
- Asaf Bernstein & Eric Hughson & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2014. "Counterparty Risk and the Establishment of the New York Stock Exchange Clearinghouse," NBER Working Papers 20459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thorsten V. Koeppl, 2013. "The Limits of Central Counterparty Clearing: Collusive Moral Hazard and Market Liquidity," Working Papers 1312, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Heider, Florian & Garcia-de-Andoain, Carlos & Frutos de Andres, Juan Carlos & Papsdorf, Patrick, 2016. "Stressed interbank markets: evidence from the European financial and sovereign debt crisis," Working Paper Series 1925, European Central Bank.
- Mayordomo, Sergio & Posch, Peter N., 2016. "Does central clearing benefit risky dealers?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 91-100.
- Dietrich Domanski & Leonardo Gambacorta & Cristina Picillo, 2015. "Central clearing: trends and current issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Biais, B. & Heider, F. & Hoerova, M., 2013. "Incentive compatible centralised clearing," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 17, pages 161-168, April.
- Bolton, Patrick & Oehmke, Martin, 2013. "Strategic conduct in credit derivative markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 652-658.
- Cruz Lopez, Jorge A. & Harris, Jeffrey H. & Hurlin, Christophe & Pérignon, Christophe, 2017. "CoMargin," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(05), pages 2183-2215, October.
More about this item
Keywordsaggregate and idiosyncratic risk; central clearing counterparty; counterparty risk; moral hazard; mutualization; optimal contracting; risk-sharing;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-11-11 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-RMG-2012-11-11 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbwps:20121481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.