Financial Stability Paper No 29: An investigation into the procyclicality of risk-based initial margin models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Christoffersen & Steven Heston & Kris Jacobs, 2009.
"The Shape and Term Structure of the Index Option Smirk: Why Multifactor Stochastic Volatility Models Work So Well,"
INFORMS, vol. 55(12), pages 1914-1932, December.
- Peter Christoffersen & Steven Heston & Kris Jacobs, 2009. "The Shape and Term Structure of the Index Option Smirk: Why Multifactor Stochastic Volatility Models Work so Well," CREATES Research Papers 2009-34, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2009.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2201-2238, June.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Daniel Heller & Nicholas Vause, 2012. "Collateral requirements for mandatory central clearing of over-the-counter derivatives," BIS Working Papers 373, Bank for International Settlements.
- Giovanni Barone‐Adesi & Kostas Giannopoulos & Les Vosper, 1999. "VaR without correlations for portfolios of derivative securities," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 583-602, August.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Mayhew, Stewart & Sarin, Atulya & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1995. " The Allocation of Informed Trading across Related Markets: An Analysis of the Impact of Changes in Equity-Option Margin Requirements," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1635-1653, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Nicola & Webber, Lewis & Noss, Joseph & Beale, Daniel & Crowley-Reidy, Liam, 2015. "Financial Stability Paper 34: The resilience of financial market liquidity," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 34, Bank of England.
- Garratt, Rod & Zimmerman, Peter, 2015. "Does central clearing reduce counterparty risk in realistic financial networks?," Staff Reports 717, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Murphy, David & Vasios, Michalis & Vause, Nicholas, 2016. "A comparative analysis of tools to limit the procyclicality of initial margin requirements," Bank of England working papers 597, Bank of England.
- Baranova, Yuliya & Liu, Zijun & Noss, Joseph, 2016. "The role of collateral in supporting liquidity," Bank of England working papers 609, Bank of England.
- repec:spr:jeicoo:v:13:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11403-017-0208-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florian Glaser & Sven Panz, 2016. "(Pro?)-cyclicality of collateral haircuts and systemic illiquidity," ESRB Working Paper Series 27, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Rahman, Arshadur, 2015. "Over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives, central clearing and financial stability," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(3), pages 283-294.
- Kazeem O. Salaam, 2015. "Procyclicality Effects on Bank Lending Decisions: A Case Study of the British Banking Sector," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 5(2), pages 185-194, April.
- Edwin Budding & David Murphy, 2014. "Design Choices in Central Clearing: Issues Facing Small Advanced Economies," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2014/08, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- De Genaro, Alan, 2016. "Systematic multi-period stress scenarios with an application to CCP risk management," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 119-134.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:273:y:2019:i:1:p:31-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Froukelien Wendt, 2015. "Central Counterparties; Addressing their Too Important to Fail Nature," IMF Working Papers 15/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Dietrich Domanski & Leonardo Gambacorta & Cristina Picillo, 2015. "Central clearing: trends and current issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Garratt, Rodney, 2016. "Centralized netting in financial networks," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt79t1q6cg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
More about this item
Keywordsderivatives; financial regulation;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:finsta:0029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.