Forward Pricing Behavior of Corn and Soybean Producers
Forward pricing behavior of random samples of Indiana, Nebraska, and Mississippi crop producers was analyzed using Heckmanâ€™s two-step limited information maximum likelihood estimation procedure. Producers who forward priced during the 1995-1998 period generally expected to forward price in 1999 using similar techniques. Probit models were estimated for cash forward contracts and taking a direct position in futures or options separately and combined. Results provide limited support for the hypothesis that forward pricing should be analyzed as an adoption decision. Variables reflecting risk attitudes do affect the decision to use forward pricing, while variables to economic position affect the level of forward pricing.
Volume (Year): 37 (2005)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.saea.org/jaae/jaae.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brorsen, B. Wade & Anderson, Kim B., 1994. "Cash Wheat Marketing: Strategies for Real People," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 12(2).
- Park, Timothy A. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 1996.
"Demand And Quality Uncertainty In Pecan Purchasing Decisions,"
16714, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Park, Timothy A. & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 1999. "Demand And Quality Uncertainty In Pecan Purchasing Decisions," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(01), April.
- Timothy PARK & Wojciech J. FLORKOWSKI, 1996. "Demand And Quality Uncertainty In Pecan Purchasing Decisions," Faculty Series 96-22, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Townsend, John P. & Brorsen, B. Wade, 1997.
"Cost of Forward Contracting Hard Red Winter Wheat,"
1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada
35749, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:jaa:jagape:v:32:y:2000:i:1:p:89-94 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:43722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.