2009, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 40-48 Characterization of the southeastern US black sea bass (Centropristis striata) pot commercial fishery and implications for western North Atlantic right whale (Eubalaena glacialis) management and policy
by Levesque, Juan C.
- 49-57 Saltwater sport fishing for food or income in the Northeastern US: Statistical estimates and policy implications
by Steinback, Scott & Wallmo, Kristy & Clay, Patricia
- 58-63 An update on the cost of net-trawling operations in the Gulf of Mexico
by Kaiser, Mark J. & Martin, Jimmie
- 64-76 Planning the use of fish for food security in the Pacific
by Bell, Johann D. & Kronen, Mecki & Vunisea, Aliti & Nash, Warwick J. & Keeble, Gregory & Demmke, Andreas & Pontifex, Scott & Andréfouët, Serge
- 77-82 A preliminary assessment of threats to arctic marine mammals and their conservation in the coming decades
by Huntington, Henry P.
- 83-89 Implementation barriers to establishing a sustainable coastal aquaculture sector
by Gibbs, Mark T.
- 90-100 Innovation-support organizations in the marine science and technology industry: The case of Quebec's coastal region in Canada
by Doloreux, David & Melançon, Yannik
- 101-105 Quantitative evaluation of the performance of a permit auction system in reducing bycatch of sea turtles in the Hawaii Swordfish longline fishery
by Ning, Feng Tao & Zhang, Chao & Fujita, Rod
- 106-117 Developing a conceptual model of marine farming in New Zealand
by Rennie, Hamish G. & White, Roger & Brabyn, Lars
- 118-127 Co-management and protected area management: Achieving effective management of a contested site, lessons from the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area (GBRWHA)
by Nursey-Bray, Melissa & Rist, Phillip
- 128-136 Financing marine protected areas in Jamaica: An exploratory study
by Reid-Grant, Kimesha & Bhat, Mahadev G.
- 137-145 Co-management of sea turtle fisheries: Biogeography versus geopolitics
by Campbell, Lisa M. & Silver, Jennifer J. & Gray, Noella J. & Ranger, Sue & Broderick, Annette & Fisher, Tatum & Godfrey, Matthew H. & Gore, Shannon & Jeffers, John & Martin, Corrine & McGowan, Andrew & Richardson, Peter & Sasso, Carlos & Slade, Lorna & Godley, Brendan
- 146-155 Role of perceptions and knowledge in the impact assessment for the extension of Mainport Rotterdam
by Hommes, Saskia & Hulscher, Suzanne J.M.H. & Mulder, Jan P.M. & Otter, Henriëtte S. & Bressers, Hans Th.A.
- 156-163 The implementation of an ecosystem approach to management within a federal government agency
by McFadden, Katherine W. & Barnes, Cassandra
- 164-171 Measuring management success: Experience with United States fisheries
by Ward, John M. & Kelly, Michael
- 172-179 Enhancing community empowerment through participatory fisheries research
by Wiber, Melanie & Charles, Anthony & Kearney, John & Berkes, Fikret
- 180-181 Out of new stocks in 2020: A comment on "Not all fisheries will be collapsed in 2048"
by Froese, Rainer & Stern-Pirlot, Amanda & Kesner-Reyes, Kathleen
2008, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 845-855 What do we know about the labour market for seafarers?: A view from the UK
by Glen, David
- 856-866 Strategic coastal governance issues in Fiji: The challenges of integration
by Lane, Marcus B.
- 867-876 Evaluating collaborative fisheries management planning: A Canadian case study
by Davis, Neil A.
- 877-885 Port selection factors by shipping lines: Different perspectives between trunk liners and feeder service providers
by Chang, Young-Tae & Lee, Sang-Yoon & Tongzon, Jose L.
- 886-897 The exclusive economic zone and economic development in the Pacific island countries
by Hannesson, Rögnvaldur
- 898-904 Dive tourism, fishing and marine protected areas in the Calamianes Islands, Philippines
by Fabinyi, Michael
- 905-912 Lessons from offshore: Challenges and opportunities in linking data to promote understanding of accidents and injuries among Newfoundland and Labrador fishers 1989-2001
by Binkley, M. & Bigney, K. & Neis, B. & Bornstein, S.
- 913-919 The constrained politics of the Svalbard offshore area
by Pedersen, Torbjørn
- 920-927 Fisher's behaviour with individual vessel quotas--Over-capacity and potential rent: Five case studies
by Asche, Frank & Eggert, Håkan & Gudmundsson, Eyjolfur & Hoff, Ayoe & Pascoe, Sean
- 928-940 The Norwegian system and the distribution of claims to redfeed
by Tiller, Rachel Gjelsvik
- 941-955 Managing by principle: A critical analysis of the European principles of Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM)
by McKenna, John & Cooper, Andrew & O'Hagan, Anne Marie
- 956-967 The impact of the 2005 hurricane season on the Louisiana Artificial Reef Program
by Kaiser, Mark J. & Kasprzak, Richard A.
- 968-979 Fishery decline in Utila: Disentangling the web of governance
by Korda, R.C. & Hills, J.M. & Gray, T.S.
- 980-987 Marine spatial planning from the perspective of a small seaside community in Ireland
by Flannery, Wesley & Ó Cinnéide, Micheál
- 988-996 Monitoring salmon aquaculture waste: The contribution of First Nations' rights, knowledge, and practices in British Columbia, Canada
by Heaslip, Robyn
- 997-1003 Compromise in the IWC: Is it possible or desirable?
by Iliff, Mike
- 1004-1012 Focusing on artisanal fleets in a new scenario: The case of Andalusia (Spain)
by Florido del Corral, David
- 1013-1022 Perceived concerns and possible management strategies for governing 'wind farm-mariculture integration'
by Michler-Cieluch, Tanja & Krause, Gesche
- 1023-1036 Econometric analysis of the ship demolition market
by Knapp, Sabine & Kumar, Shashi N. & Remijn, Anna Bobo
- 1037-1042 Performance of an inshore fishery in the absence of regulatory enforcement
by Fahy, Edward
- 1043-1049 Employment of seafarers in the EU context: Challenges and opportunities
by Mitroussi, Kyriaki
- 1050-1052 A note on "overfishing"
by Pontecorvo, Giulio
- 1053-1062 Breaking Basel: The elements of the Basel Convention and its application to toxic ships
by Moen, Amy E.
- 1063-1071 Mixed messages: Buying back Australia's fishing industry
by Minnegal, Monica & Dwyer, Peter D.
- 1072-1079 Sustainable management of wild Irish Atlantic salmon: Keys found through the looking-glass
by Brennan, Ruth E. & Rodwell, Lynda D.
- 1080-1089 Building resilience through interlocal relations: Case studies of polar bear and walrus management in the Bering Strait
by Meek, Chanda L. & Lovecraft, Amy Lauren & Robards, Martin D. & Kofinas, Gary P.
- 1090-1093 A new direction in coastal management
by Cheong, So-Min
- 1094-1102 Aquaculture and the poor--Is the culture of high-value fish a viable livelihood option for the poor?
by Sheriff, Natasja & Little, David C. & Tantikamton, Kwanta
2008, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 759-761 Introduction
by Douvere, Fanny & Ehler, Charles
- 762-771 The importance of marine spatial planning in advancing ecosystem-based sea use management
by Douvere, Fanny
- 772-778 Essential ecological insights for marine ecosystem-based management and marine spatial planning
by Crowder, Larry & Norse, Elliott
- 779-786 The missing layer: Geo-technologies, communities, and implications for marine spatial planning
by St. Martin, Kevin & Hall-Arber, Madeleine
- 787-796 Key elements and steps in the process of developing ecosystem-based marine spatial planning
by Gilliland, Paul M. & Laffoley, Dan
- 797-810 The international legal framework for marine spatial planning
by Maes, Frank
- 811-815 Implementing marine spatial planning: A policy perspective
by Plasman, Ir. Cathy
- 816-822 The engagement of stakeholders in the marine spatial planning process
by Pomeroy, Robert & Douvere, Fanny
- 823-831 The need and practice of monitoring, evaluating and adapting marine planning and management--lessons from the Great Barrier Reef
by Day, Jon
- 832-839 Marine spatial planning in the high seas
by Ardron, Jeff & Gjerde, Kristina & Pullen, Sian & Tilot, Virginie
- 840-843 Conclusions: Benefits, lessons learned, and future challenges of marine spatial planning
by Ehler, Charles
2008, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 535-543 The Marine Planning Framework for South Australia: A new ecosystem-based zoning policy for marine management
by Day, Val & Paxinos, Rosemary & Emmett, Jon & Wright, Alison & Goecker, Meg
- 544-550 Coastal data and information management for integrated coastal management: The role of IODE
by Masalu, Desiderius C.P.
- 551-558 Artisanal fishing in Andalusia (II): Safety and working conditions policy
by Piniella, F. & Novalbos, J.P. & Nogueroles, P.J.
- 559-569 International legal options for the control of biofouling on international vessels
by Roberts, Julian & Tsamenyi, Martin
- 570-579 ITQs under illegal fishing: An application to the red shrimp fishery in Chile
by Chávez, Carlos & González, Nuria & Salgado, Hugo
- 580-591 Endangered species, threatened fisheries: Science to the rescue! Evaluating the Congressionally designated Steller Sea Lion Research Program
by Berman, Matthew D.
- 592-606 Financial caps for oil pollution damage: A historical mistake?
by Faure, Michael & Wang, Hui
- 607-617 International cooperation among nation-states of the North Pacific Ocean on the problem of competition among salmon for a common pool of prey resources
by Holt, Carrie A. & Rutherford, Murray B. & Peterman, Randall M.
- 618-629 What determines the institutional performance of environmental regimes?: A case study of the Mediterranean Action Plan
by Frantzi, Sofia
- 630-634 Positioning fisheries in a changing world
by Grafton, R. Quentin & Hilborn, Ray & Ridgeway, Lori & Squires, Dale & Williams, Meryl & Garcia, Serge & Groves, Theodore & Joseph, James & Kelleher, Kieran & Kompas, Tom & Libecap, Gary & Lundin, Carl Gustaf & Makino, Mitsutaku & Matthiasson, Thorolfur & McLoughlin, Richard & Parma, Ana & Martin, Gustavo San & Satia, Ben & Schmidt, Carl-Christian & Tait, Maree & Zhang, Lin Xiu
- 635-642 Rethinking small-scale fisheries compliance
by Hauck, Maria
- 643-652 Developing underutilized fisheries: Oregon's developmental fisheries program
by Harte, Michael & Endreny, Polly & Sylvia, Gil & Mann, Heather Munro
- 653-662 Econometric analysis to differentiate effects of various ship safety inspections
by Knapp, Sabine & Franses, Philip Hans
- 663-668 The IVQ regime in Norway: A stable alternative to an ITQ regime?
by Standal, Dag & Aarset, Bernt
- 669-679 The infusion of sustainability into bilateral fisheries agreements with developing countries: The European Union example
by Witbooi, Emma
- 680-691 Creating local management legitimacy
by Pinkerton, Evelyn & John, Leonard
- 692-700 Managing excess capacity in small-scale fisheries: Perspectives from stakeholders in three Southeast Asian countries
by Salayo, Nerissa & Garces, Len & Pido, Michael & Viswanathan, Kuperan & Pomeroy, Robert & Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Siason, Ida & Seng, Keang & Masae, Awae
- 701-710 Fishing occupational health and safety: A comparison of regulatory regimes and safety outcomes in six countries
by Windle, M.J.S. & Neis, B. & Bornstein, S. & Binkley, M. & Navarro, P.
- 711-718 OPA 90's impact at reducing oil spills
by Homan, Anthony C. & Steiner, Todd
- 719-727 United Kingdom ports policy: Changing government attitudes
by Pettit, S.J.
- 728-739 Fisheries in the context of marine spatial planning: Defining principal areas for fisheries in the German EEZ
by Fock, Heino O.
- 740-748 Assessing New England's waterborne energy imports (1995-2004)
by Marti, Bruce E.
- 749-758 Fishing industry and related perspectives on the issues raised by no-take marine protected area proposals
by Jones, P.J.S.
2008, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 255-262 A critical examination of worldwide guidelines for minimising the disturbance to marine mammals during seismic surveys
by Compton, Ross & Goodwin, Lissa & Handy, Richard & Abbott, Victor
- 263-273 Managing shark fishermen in southern Australia: A critique
by Dwyer, Peter D. & King, Tanya J. & Minnegal, Monica
- 274-282 Examination of policies and MEAs commitment by SIDS for sustainable management of the Caribbean Sea
by Singh, Asha & Mee, Laurence
- 283-292 Artisanal fishing areas and traditional ecological knowledge: The case study of the artisanal fisheries of the Patos Lagoon estuary (Brazil)
by Schafer, Adalberto Gularte & Reis, Enir Girondi
- 293-300 Fisheries law enforcement--A survey of the economic literature
by Nøstbakken, Linda
- 301-308 Fleet sizes, fishing effort and the 'hidden' factors behind statistics: An anthropological study of small-scale fisheries in UK
by Ota, Yoshitaka & Just, Roger
- 309-318 Trade secrets: Renaming and mislabeling of seafood
by Jacquet, Jennifer L. & Pauly, Daniel
- 319-325 The paradox of public participation in fisheries governance. The rising number of actors and the devolution process
by Suárez de Vivero, Juan L. & Rodríguez Mateos, Juan C. & Florido del Corral, D.
- 326-332 The rise and fall of factory trawlers: An eclectic approach
by Standal, Dag
- 333-338 Normalization of the International Whaling Commission
by Iliff, Mike
- 339-350 The definition of marine recreational fishing in Europe
by Pawson, M.G. & Glenn, H. & Padda, G.
- 351-359 Fishing capacity management in China: Theoretic and practical perspectives
by Yu, Huiguo & Yu, Yunjun
- 360-368 Management responses to the problem of incidental catch in fishing: A comparative analysis of the EU, Norway, and the Faeroe Islands
by Gezelius, Stig S.
- 369-378 Time-zoning for the safe-guarding of capture fisheries: A closed season in Tamil Nadu, India
by Bavinck, M. & de Klerk, L. & van Dijk, D. & Rothuizen, J.V. & Blok, A.N. & Bokhorst, J.R. & van Haastrecht, E.K. & van de Loo, T.J.C & Quaedvlieg, J.G.J. & Scholtens, J.
- 379-386 Right whales and vessels in Canadian waters
by Elvin, S.S. & Taggart, C.T.
- 387-392 Marine ecosystem approaches to management: challenges and lessons in the United States
by Barnes, Cassandra & McFadden, Katherine W.
- 393-401 A context for ecosystem-based fishery management: Developing concepts of ecosystems and sustainability
by Gaichas, Sarah K.
- 402-407 Modernisation of the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling
by Iliff, Mike
- 408-412 Is Japan's whaling humane?
by Gales, Nick & Leaper, Russell & Papastavrou, Vassili
- 413-420 Fostering sustainable behaviours in community-based co-managed fisheries
by Thompson, Myles H.
- 421-431 A comparison of economic performance in the fisheries sector: A short- and long-term perspective
by Le Floc'h, P. & Daurès, F. & Brigaudeau, C. & Bihel, J.
- 432-441 Restructuring the Chinese seafood industry, global challenges and policy implications
by Lindkvist, Knut Bjørn & Trondsen, Torbjørn & Xie, Jinghua
- 442-454 CCAMLR process of risk assessment to minimise the effects of longline fishing mortality on seabirds
by Waugh, S.M. & Baker, G.B. & Gales, R. & Croxall, J.P.
- 455-464 Approaches to classifying benthic habitat quality
by Tillin, H.M. & Rogers, S.I. & Frid, C.L.J.
- 465-474 Are the smallest fishing vessels the most sustainable?--trade-off analysis of sustainability attributes
by Utne, Ingrid Bouwer
- 475-482 Acceptable sustainability in the fishing fleet
by Utne, Ingrid Bouwer
- 483-488 The migrant anchovy fishery in Kabui Bay, Raja Ampat, Indonesia: Catch, profitability, and income distribution
by Bailey, Megan & Rotinsulu, Christovel & Sumaila, U. Rashid
- 489-496 Service contracts--An instrument of international logistics supply chain: Under United States and European Union regulatory frameworks
by Marlow, Peter & Nair, Rawindaran
- 497-501 Can farmed salmon production keep growing?
by Liu, Yajie & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid
- 502-513 A review of the ocean science and technology partnership between US and Korea
by Cho, Dong-Oh & Whitcomb, Mary Anne
- 514-521 The institutional implications of environmental ethics for fishery management in the US exclusive economic zone
by Schug, Donald M.
- 522-527 The international whaling regime post 2007
by Iliff, Mike
- 528-533 International fisheries agreement: Review of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas: Case study--Shark management
by Levesque, Juan C.
2008, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 147-157 Introduction: Interaction between environment and fisheries--The role of stakeholder participation
by Varjopuro, Riku & Gray, Tim & Hatchard, Jenny & Rauschmayer, Felix & Wittmer, Heidi
- 158-168 A complicated relationship: Stakeholder participation and the ecosystem-based approach to fisheries management
by Gray, Tim & Hatchard, Jenny
- 169-177 Participatory practices in fisheries across Europe: Making stakeholders more responsible
by Mikalsen, Knut H. & Jentoft, Svein
- 178-188 Institutional challenges for resolving conflicts between fisheries and endangered species conservation
by Rauschmayer, Felix & Wittmer, Heidi & Berghöfer, Augustin
- 189-200 Spatial planning on the North Sea: A case of cross-scale linkages
by Degnbol, Ditte & Wilson, Douglas Clyde
- 201-211 Swedish coastal fisheries--From conflict mitigation to participatory management
by Bruckmeier, Karl & Höj Larsen, Christina
- 212-222 Addressing multiple goals of ecosystem approach through deliberation and technology development
by Varjopuro, Riku
- 223-232 From open access to co-governance and conservation: The case of women shellfish collectors in Galicia (Spain)
by Frangoudes, Katia & Marugán-Pintos, Begoña & Pascual-Fernández, José J.
- 233-242 Fishing for social realities--Challenges to sustainable fisheries management in the Cape Horn Biosphere Reserve
by Pollack, Gudrun & Berghöfer, Augustin & Berghöfer, Uta
- 243-253 Stakeholder participation in ecosystem-based approaches to fisheries management: A synthesis from European research projects
by Berghöfer, Augustin & Wittmer, Heidi & Rauschmayer, Felix
2008, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-18 Shark interactions in pelagic longline fisheries
by Gilman, Eric & Clarke, Shelley & Brothers, Nigel & Alfaro-Shigueto, Joanna & Mandelman, John & Mangel, Jeff & Petersen, Samantha & Piovano, Susanna & Thomson, Nicola & Dalzell, Paul & Donoso, Miguel & Goren, Meidad & Werner, Tim
- 19-26 What is the ecosystem approach for fisheries management
by Morishita, Joji
- 27-37 Comparing management of recreational Pagrus fisheries in Shark Bay (Australia) and Sagami Bay (Japan): Conventional catch controls versus stock enhancement
by Mitchell, Ronald W.D. & Baba, Osamu & Jackson, Gary & Isshiki, Tatsuya
- 38-39 Not all fisheries will be collapsed in 2048
by Branch, Trevor A.
- 40-45 Fishing safety policy and research
by Perez-Labajos, Carlos
- 46-54 Ocean zoning, first possession and Coasean contracts
by Edwards, Steven
- 55-65 Evaluation of policy options for the live reef food fish trade in the province of Palawan, Western Philippines
by Pomeroy, Robert S. & Pido, Michael D. & Pontillas, John Francisco A. & Francisco, Benjamin S. & White, Alan T. & Ponce De Leon, Eva Marie C. & Silvestre, Geronimo T.
- 66-73 The formation of policy for protection of cold-water coral off the coast of Norway
by Armstrong, Claire W. & van den Hove, Sybille
- 74-78 The profitability of the artisanal galician fleet
by Dolores Garza-Gil, M. & Amigo-Dobaño, Lucy
- 79-88 Made in Japan: The Japanese market and herring roe production and management in Canada's southern Gulf of St. Lawrence
by Burke, Lenore & Phyne, John
- 89-103 Uncertainty and asymmetric information: An overview
by Jensen, Frank
- 104-112 Governing fisheries as complex adaptive systems
by Mahon, Robin & McConney, Patrick & Roy, Rathindra N.
- 113-119 Network governance in fisheries
by Gibbs, Mark T.
- 120-131 Compliance costs and the small fisher: A study of exiters from the New Zealand fishery
by Stewart, James & Walshe, Kim
- 132-141 The promise and perils of building a co-management regime: An institutional assessment of New Zealand fisheries management between 1999 and 2005
by Yandle, Tracy
- 142-146 Social responsibility in shipping
by Goss, Richard
2007, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 645-656 Fish wars: Conflict and collaboration in fisheries management in Southeast Asia
by Pomeroy, Robert & Parks, John & Pollnac, Richard & Campson, Tammy & Genio, Emmanuel & Marlessy, Cliff & Holle, Elizabeth & Pido, Michael & Nissapa, Ayut & Boromthanarat, Somsak & Thu Hue, Nguyen
- 657-668 Step zero for fisheries co-management: What precedes implementation
by Chuenpagdee, Ratana & Jentoft, Svein
- 669-680 A brief catalogue of failures: Framing evaluation and learning in fisheries resource management
by Nielsen, Kåre Nolde & Holm, Petter
- 681-690 Ten myths concerning ecosystem approaches to marine resource management
by Murawski, Steven A.
- 691-697 Murky waters: Media reporting of marine protected areas in South Australia
by Compas, Eric & Clarke, Beverley & Cutler, Cecile & Daish, Kathy
- 698-705 Cheating about the cod
by Hannesson, Rögnvaldur
- 706-718 Subsistence in coastal fisheries policy: What's in a word?
by Schumann, Sarah & Macinko, Seth
- 719-729 Spatial conflicts in New Zealand fisheries: The rights of fishers and protection of the marine environment
by Bess, Randall & Rallapudi, Ramana
- 730-735 The effects of the M/V Sea Prince accident on maritime safety management in Korea
by Cho, Dong-Oh
- 736-745 Safety culture and hazard risk perception of Australian and New Zealand maritime pilots
by Darbra, R.M. & Crawford, J.F.E. & Haley, C.W. & Morrison, R.J.
2007, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 585-590 Coastal management in the Solent: An introduction
by Fletcher, Stephen & Johnson, David & Hewett, Tracey
- 591-598 The impact of cruise ship generated waste on home ports and ports of call: A study of Southampton
by Butt, Nickie
- 599-606 Coastal lagoon habitat re-creation potential in Hampshire, England
by Johnson, D.E. & Bartlett, J. & Nash, L.A.
- 607-610 Heritage management plans and integrated coastal management
by Goodhead, Tim & Aygen, Zeynep
- 611-618 The opportunities of spatial planning for integrated coastal management
by Taussik, Jane
- 619-627 The Hamble Estuary Partnership and Solent Forum: Duplication or integration?
by Fletcher, Stephen & Beagley, Emma & Hewett, Tracey & Williams, Alan & McHugh, Karen
- 628-631 Implications of the revision to the bathing water directive for local authorities in the Solent
by Hewett, Tracey
- 632-637 Monitoring the state of the Solent
by Conway, Gemma
- 638-644 Coastal management in the Solent: The stakeholder perspective
by Fletcher, Stephen & Pike, Kate
2007, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 360-370 Limits of governability: Institutional implications for fisheries and coastal governance
by Jentoft, Svein
- 371-378 Reforming management of commercial fisheries in a small island territory
by Harte, Michael & Barton, John
- 379-389 Funding commercial fisheries management: Lessons from New Zealand
by Harte, Michael
- 390-401 System evaluation of sustainability in the Norwegian cod-fisheries
by Utne, Ingrid Bouwer
- 402-408 A legal regime for the Arctic?: Interplay with the Law of the Sea Convention
by Stokke, Olav Schram
- 409-414 The European vision for oceans and seas--Social and political dimensions of the Green Paper on Maritime Policy for the EU
by Suárez de Vivero, Juan Luis
- 415-420 Investigation of strategies to improve the recycling effectiveness of waste oil from fishing vessels
by Lin, Bin & Lin, Cherng-Yuan & Jong, Tain-Chyuan
- 421-433 The parallel evolution of ocean and coastal management policies in Portugal
by Carneiro, Gonçalo
- 434-443 A large marine ecosystem governance framework
by Fanning, Lucia & Mahon, Robin & McConney, Patrick & Angulo, Jorge & Burrows, Felicity & Chakalall, Bisessar & Gil, Diego & Haughton, Milton & Heileman, Sherry & Martínez, Sergio & Ostine, L'ouverture & Oviedo, Adrian & Parsons, Scott & Phillips, Terrence & Santizo Arroya, Claudia & Simmons, Bertha & Toro, Cesar
- 444-450 An historical account of Brazilian public policy on fisheries subsidies
by Abdallah, Patrízia R. & Sumaila, Ussif R.
- 451-457 Malthusian overfishing in Pulau Banggi?
by Teh, Louise & Sumaila, U. Rashid
- 458-469 An evaluation of systems for the integrated assessment of capture fisheries
by Leadbitter, Duncan & Ward, Trevor J.
- 470-479 Benchmarking for fisheries governance
by Quentin Grafton, R. & Kompas, Tom & McLoughlin, Richard & Rayns, Nick
- 480-487 Resource use conflicts in Mabini and Tingloy, the Philippines
by Majanen, Terhi
- 488-504 Ghost fishing in European waters: Impacts and management responses
by Brown, James & Macfadyen, Graeme
- 505-516 Fish harvest tags: An alternative management approach for recreational fisheries in the US Gulf of Mexico
by Johnston, Robert J. & Holland, Daniel S. & Maharaj, Vishwanie & Campson, Tammy Warner
- 517-526 Interviewing people about the coast on the coast: Appraising the wider adoption of ICZM in North East England
by Chaniotis, Peter & Stead, Selina
- 527-534 Can cod farming affect cod fishing? A system evaluation of sustainability
by Standal, Dag & Bouwer Utne, Ingrid
- 535-539 Work sharing in Kerala's fisheries
by van den Berg, Marrit & Lensing, Bart Jan
- 540-549 Co-management from the top? The roles of policy entrepreneurs and distributive conflict in developing co-management arrangements
by Beem, Betsi
- 550-563 Econometric analysis on the effect of port state control inspections on the probability of casualty: Can targeting of substandard ships for inspections be improved?
by Knapp, Sabine & Franses, Philip Hans
- 564-572 UK Personal Watercraft Management: A user perspective
by Whitfield, Rebecca & Roche, Ronan
- 573-581 Artisanal fishing in Andalusia: A statistical study of the fleet
by Piniella, F. & Soriguer, M.C. & Fernández-Engo, M.A.
2007, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 229-238 Sea Grant in Latin America?: Adapting the US Sea Grant model of linked applied research, extension, and education to a Latin American Context--Is there a fit?
by Matthew Wilburn, S. & Tobey, James & Hepp, Jill & Olsen, Stephen & Costa-Pierce, Barry
- 239-250 Assessing the feasibility of ecosystem-based fisheries management in tropical contexts
by Christie, Patrick & Fluharty, David L. & White, Alan T. & Eisma-Osorio, Liza & Jatulan, William
- 251-257 Environmental protection and the freedom of the high seas: The Baltic Sea as a PSSA from a Swedish perspective
by Uggla, Ylva
- 258-265 The liberalization of shipping in Taiwan
by Chiu, Rong-Her
- 266-275 Development of small-scale fisheries in Yemen: An exploration
by Wagenaar, Arnout & D'Haese, Marijke
- 276-286 Fisheries depletion and the state in Indonesia: Towards a regional regulatory regime
by Heazle, Michael & Butcher, John G.
- 287-298 A proposed multiple-use zoning scheme for the Irish Sea.: An interpretation of current legislation through the use of GIS-based zoning approaches and effectiveness for the protection of nature conservation interests
by Boyes, Suzanne J. & Elliott, Michael & Thomson, Shona M. & Atkins, Stephen & Gilliland, Paul
- 299-307 Is there any hope for fisheries management?
by Schrank, William E.
- 308-313 The rise of seafood awareness campaigns in an era of collapsing fisheries
by Jacquet, Jennifer L. & Pauly, Daniel
- 314-319 The whaling issue: Conservation, confusion, and casuistry
by Clapham, Phillip J. & Childerhouse, Simon & Gales, Nicolas J. & Rojas-Bracho, Lorenzo & Tillman, Michael F. & Brownell, Robert Jr.
- 320-326 Patterns of fisheries institutional failure and success: Experience from the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence snow crab fishery, in Nova Scotia, Canada
by Loucks, Laura
- 327-335 Conflict over flying fish: The dispute between Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados
by Blake, Andon & Campbell, Gary A.
- 336-347 Offshore marine conservation policies in the North East Atlantic: Emerging tensions and opportunities
by De Santo, Elizabeth M. & Jones, Peter J.S.
- 348-358 Governance of tuna industries: The key to economic viability and sustainability in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean
by Barclay, Kate & Cartwright, Ian
2007, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 81-84 Potential economic benefits from sablefish farming in British Columbia
by Sumaila, Ussif Rashid & Volpe, John & Liu, Yajie
- 85-93 Understanding El Niño -- The importance of Grey Literature in Coastal Ecosystem Research and Management
by Thatje, Sven & Laudien, Jürgen & Heilmayer, Olaf & Nauen, Cornelia E.
- 94-100 Institutional changes and fleet structure: Towards the final solution?
by Standal, Dag
- 101-111 Co-management and "consciousness": Fishers' assimilation of management principles in Chile
by Schumann, Sarah
- 112-116 Lesser-known consequences of managing marine fisheries using individual transferable quotas
by Gibbs, Mark T.
- 117-124 The policy implications of market failure for the land-based jobs market for British seafarers
by Gardner, B.M. & Marlow, P.B. & Naim, M.M. & Nair, R. & Pettit, S.J.